Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

I mean... at least he's wearing a hardhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.

I saw the top ladder and was like "wow that's loving dumb" and then I saw the bottom ladder. What the gently caress?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

mycomancy posted:

Oh gently caress that noise

There's nothing in the world like Action Park!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Relevant stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZIjbX1gj88

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

That electroplating facility sure is something.:stare:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kerosene19 posted:

Willful disregard.... should be at least 10.

Punishing business for flagrant disregard of laws is bad for business.

:patriot:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Reminds me of a joke.

How do you spot a smart motorcyclist?

You can't; they're all driving cars.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Memento posted:

Sounds like it might be one of these things from the early part of the 20th century.

Super, super bad for you, but really only if you're drinking the water out of it.

Our ancestors were idiots.

It's a wonder any of us are alive.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Taking a training course. Found something funny. Check out answer A:

:heysexy:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

Adam savage is back with another one day build

He's Adam Savage not Adam Safe-age.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Looks exactly like the hazardous waste training I had to do a couple of days ago

Flinn?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Human Factors is the term you're looking for.

That's the umbrella term but alarm fatigue is definitely used in regards to healthcare at least.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

:vince:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

corgski posted:

Don't use that big complicated one, use this one.

code:

// ==UserScript==
// @name shorter videos
// @namespace [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/[/url]
// @description asdf
// @include [url]https://forums.somethingawful.com/*[/url]
// @grant GM_addStyle
// ==/UserScript==

GM_addStyle("video { max-height: 600px; max-width: 800px; } ");

window.addEventListener("load", function() {
$("video").attr("controls", "controls");
}, false);

e:f,b but mine also limits width as well as height

Edit edit: Also remove those drat url tags

Doesn't work; but the big complicated one does. Yes I removed the tags.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/F5u8AA6.mp4

A different outcome was expected.

I'm not sure what was more slick: the road or that recovery.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

evil_bunnY posted:

I mean good reflexes I guess but that truck has no business going that fast past a stopped bus to begin with, and the bus driver should never let kids cross behind his vehicle.

Sometimes a kid getting in trouble doing something stupid is just the kid's fault.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ded posted:

Ya man, those libs don't give a dam.

Neoliberals are all about free-market capitalism which is definitely the kind of poo poo that causes infrastructure degradation.

Learn your poo poo.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

ded posted:

Nope. Don't give a dam.

gently caress.

:thejoke:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Neutrino posted:

Strange fact - garbage truck rolls down the street passing dozens of garbage cans until it stops in front of house where guy is filming. Unloads can and starts on fire. Nothing suspect here...

:awesome:

*sucks on retainer*

ACKSHUALLY!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Kibayasu posted:

I never found out if this was one of those things the internet made up and it went viral but a while ago I was told (again, by the internet) that kids loving loved watching garbage trucks.

I loved the garbage truck as a kid. I don't know why; kids are stupid.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Xakura posted:

There is, and that is allegedly the problem.

Turns out, they had an informal practice of flipping the landing gear handle up before taking off, so as soon as the weight-on-wheels solenoid tripped, the gear would fold up. Seems like this aircraft however got a bounce or jolt that prematurely tripped it.

The problem with idiot-proofing is there's always a bigger idiot.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

An entire community of forest pixies were living in that tree... were...

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Chocobo posted:

I want to say that his saw is just belching out all of its chain oil?

Seems like a hell of a lot for it to be that...

I like my pixie theory. Thousands of peaceful forest spirits dead in an instant. Oh the humanity!

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Hey OSHA-adjacent question involving some math and industrial poo poo and I know loads of people who would know how to calculate stuff like this frequent this thread.

10 inch pipe got contaminated and needed cleaning so a foam pig was sent through and pressurized air was used to push it through the pipe and clean it out. The pipe is 4700ft long and the pig went through in 7 minutes (way too fast) which is like 11.2f/s. the PSI of the air was definitely greater than 20, what we need to know is how much pressure was used because it went way too fast and destroyed the pig and I guess caused some other fuckup (I don't have all the details). My father works in industrial safety for his company and is looking into this and wants to know and asked me... but this smells like calculus so I'm out of my depth.

If anyone can give me the info I'll drop you an av cert or something.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

haveblue posted:

I think there's some information missing here, specifically how much time it normally takes for the pig to travel through the pipe at the safe 20psi pressure.

I do not know what the correct pressure for this to be done at is so the greater than 20 PSI figure shouldn't be taken as gospel. It's supposed to be done at about 10 ft per minute so 7.83 hours for a 4700ft length. I haven't done calculus and neither has dad so I don't really know what exactly is needed to figure out how much pressure, roughly, was put behind the thing (the guy that did it didn't have guages on the system to measure anything). I can tell it's calculus because it involves some constantly changing variables but that's about the extent of it.

My understanding is since the job was done so much faster than it should have been the question is whether the pipe's integrity might be hosed so they need a pressure figure before they go putting petrochemicals through it.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Atticus_1354 posted:

Also what's the relationship between increasing psi and speed. I bet it's not that straightforward.

I'm concerned we need a friction coefficient and a bunch more info I don't have.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

shame on an IGA posted:

Ignore the pig, calculate the pressure needed to reach that fluid velocity with compressed air through an unobstructed pipe and take that as a lower bound. Based on this calculator very roughly it looks like you hit at least 160psi, realistically probably a multiple of that

https://www.copely.com/tools/flow-rate-calculator/

Decent enough. Apparently we only needed to know if pressure exceeded 80 sooooo....

Got a throwaway email for an av cert since you've not got plat?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Cojawfee posted:

I think not enough attention is being paid to the fact that the guy doing it didn't have any gauges and he just eyeballed how much air he should pump in like Charlie counting the gas as it was being poured in always sunny.

At least one head is definitely gonna roll. A gasket was blown and caused a spill which is never a cheap, safe, or easy thing to deal with in petrochem. If the national-level operations and safety guy is involved you hosed up.

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Thinking about this a bit more, is there any chance that the pig was the wrong size? A poor fit could reduce the friction enough that it traveled way faster than expected?

I put the pipe into my cad program and am showing a volume of 20,820 gallons? What kind of device are they using to fill that entire space with compressed air in 7 minutes? That is a fuckload of CFMs even at basically no pressure.

The pig probably wasn't too small because it was utterly destroyed rather than just going through too fast.

I have no idea what the setup is I just got texted the details we have and asked if I could calculate it. I cannot so I was like hey I'll ask the OSHA thread because there's all sorts of goons with specific industry knowledge that might be able to help.

Resting Lich Face fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 13, 2020

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

You guys have all the info I do. I can ask later.

The 20PSI is what the gasket blows at so the actual desired pressure was pretty low.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Burt Sexual posted:

What would you recommend my son go into as a first year junior college student?

He'll go into a deep state of depression like the rest of us soon enough.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The rain in Spain lies mainly 'round the drain

:hmmyes:

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

coke posted:

wow gender reveal party is getting grand

But lavender is the trans color.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

KoRMaK posted:

isnt it a hippa violation to post footage of your moms gyno visit? howd u even get this media

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oh come on Burt I at least exhaled sharply at this one.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

You know who else took a sixer earlier today, Burt?

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

Ding ding ding; you win the prize!

It's also funny because I mentioned SA giving me good advice on makeup and now my mom is like "should I be on SA?" and I'm like oh gently caress she's gonna read my posts but also like drat that'd be kinda cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

WarpedNaba posted:

It was hazardous and she was paid. Maybe?

Wow are you calling Burt's mom a whore?