Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Sagebrush posted:

i googled some stuff and

this is like at least 50% horseshit right? self-destructing axles? cement dispensers? fighter jets?

Try 95% horseshit.

OSI plz ignore that last part.

holtemon fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I'd say they need to clean up that room but it might not matter in a day or two.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Platystemon posted:

That’s the most wholesome OSHA violation I’ve ever seen.

It's so cool on so many levels.

As a kid here's this guy and giant machine taking time out of its day to fill up your little dump truck, gotta be the coolest thing they've ever seen.

Then as an adult here's watching this guy and a giant machine with the precision to fill up some kid's toy and not spill any dirt anywhere else but in the toy.

And then there's probably some crazy old lady on the porch in the background hollering about how these motherfuckers are making all this noise and it's bugging her cats or something stupid.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

LifeSunDeath posted:

Not sure how someone can be that fit and not know how that machine works.

Gotta do that stupid rear end pelvic thrust exercise somewhere, might as well be on that machine.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's a legit exercise btw, bridges, and single leg bridges rule. If you have backpain, it is super clutch cause it doesn't load your spine but works all your posterior extension muscles.

Right, but not on a leg extension machine

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
No pictures, but if you want approximately 75 minutes of OSHA hilarity then head on over to HBO Max and watch Class Action Park.

So many holy poo poo and what the... moments will be had.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

This guy shut down I-25 southbound in Wyoming today for about 5 hours.

Those "do not drive light trucks on this road because of 70mph winds" sign postings are not just a suggestion.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Cheyenne sux

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

ILL Machina posted:

Physical and biometric data is collected after each explosion so, rest assured, hatching will be supported in the next patch.

Your death is making commuting more convenient and easy for all future drivers!

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Saw this in Alaska at an old logging camp/tourist attraction. Those guys were not loving around.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Does home OSHA count? Went to grab my cup off the blender and my girlfriend never twists the destructive part back on, so that's what is left just sitting there.

Is it safe to grab and take off? Maybe. But I'm gonna unplug it first anyway lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Am I missing it or did that umbrella get vaporized??

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

DandyLion posted:

Didn't a mountain biker wrestle/strangle a half starved rabid mountain lion to death a few years ago after it attacked him?

Yeah this happened in Colorado

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/colorado-man-who-killed-attacking-mountain-lion-bare-hands-said-n971731

From some other articles I remember reading the mountain lion was a lot smaller than he initially reported but still. Lucky as hell he made it out alive

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

waffle iron posted:

My favorite bit of federal preemption of local laws is a toss up between the ham radio towers of a certain minimum height being exempt from building codes and towns being unable to ban engine brakes because both are federally allowed.

I hate to be that guy but can you elaborate on this one?

I've been in multiple towns where right at the border you see a big rear end sign "ENGINE BRAKING PROHIBITED"

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

BOOTY-ADE posted:

This is confusing...why the hell did that person stop on the bridge like that? I looked up where it is, there's no lights/signs they'd have to stop for on either end. Article didn't mention any traffic or accidents either, no idea what that doofus was trying to do.

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla.

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

General Probe posted:

I'm struggling to see what a successful outcome looks like here.

Right? At best he was gonna end up running right into that building lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Some hometown OSHA (maybe I dunno)

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Kith posted:

yet another house inspector working late and bearly making it through the day

bear.mov

I'm digging those earrings lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Hell yeah lights on for safety

Courtesy of my favorite OSHA violatin channel HickHub lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

PainterofCrap posted:

It defies belief, how quickly a pine tree goes up and the sheer volume of radiant heat it produces in the process. Room was demolished in under 3-minutes.

Was it a dry tree? Or do those burn just as fast as one that's been soaking up water from the tray thing?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7wUIJJpvcE

Holy crap, what was in the back of this truck? Oxygen bottles?

OSHA is for the dude filming this from 200ft away lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Cartoon Man posted:

Probably the best outcome considering those shelves usually collapse on top of people and kill them.

That one got a real life groan out of me, fuuuuuuck that had to hurt

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

GABA ghoul posted:

All in all, Prometheus was a pretty realistic movie

The whole time during that movie, I was like this is so stupid nobody would ever go to an alien planet and do all this dumb stuff. Taking their helmet off all willy nilly, touching random alien poo poo, etc.

Then 2020 happened and I was like oh wait, yeah that was pretty realistic lol people are idiots

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

We will never forget

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Seems dangerous, but also cool as hell. I'm torn lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Did some looking and think I found it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_shove

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/ice-shoves-the-force-of-nature-in-slow-motion

Absolutely terrifying

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

drat that looks like a real hassle to clean up.

It just melts away easy peezy no cleanup needed lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyijtYaudzQ

?

Video title is CRAB FACTORY

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

RandomBlue posted:

what is with all these weirdos just recording poo poo inside their houses 24/7

hosed up

Not to derail but lol we were asking this same question IRL the other day. I mean I get outside surveillance and ring cams and whatever, but why have a camera in your house on all the time?

Also was this boulder the size of a small boulder? Or a regular boulder? The jerks didn't show it

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Vampire Panties posted:

I had the Eufy home camera setup for a while (until the extremely :lol::lmao: security breach) and they dont run all the time, but they activate with motion, and I'm guessing the motion of people running around + boulder set it off

No judgement or anything, just curious that's all. I know I don't wanna watch myself laying on the couch being a bum all day lol

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Personally, once all the stories of Amazon sharing clips to law enforcement without permission sealed the deal that I will never have that poo poo in my life

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Kith posted:

https://i.imgur.com/CiTFn9j.mp4

Imagine your entire job being demonstrating deadly traps to tourists.

For real though, these kinda traps are like legit war crimes now right?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Is it a war crime if you win? Curious

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
What temperature does that have to be to glow like that?

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Sagebrush posted:

This chart is for steel, but it should be about the same for anything that radiates more or less as a blackbody, like carbon.

Whoa

Thanks bud

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
It must be getting real bad in Ohio, the train wreck is being covered on both news channels today after a few days of nothing

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
Qualified

Not qualified

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I hope that's a sanitized badminton racket at least

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden

Where the electrician goons at?

What or where would this actually be used at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
I gotta know too lol, my google skills are letting me down today