Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Reposting this from the end of the last thread cause it was a real gutpunch :smith:

https://twitter.com/C4Dispatches/status/1200836894231126017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Harley is a comrade

https://twitter.com/AllisonByProxy/status/1201079938415243265

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I leave the thread for 24 hours and what the gently caress do you people do to the news? :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azza Bamboo posted:

Thank gently caress we all thought you were dead.

Look I was just out with the lads and we were having a bit of bants in the Whatsapp group, I dunno why everyone's making such a fuss

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
When I do pop my clogs my death will be announced by a chorus line dancing through Covent Garden in Pikachu costumes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Superterranean posted:

Best post in thread

You don't want to know why they call me Gibbo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hot drat that Branson ad is straight fire :gritin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lady Demelza posted:

This is why I get a little anxious about disasterous performances by UKIP on TV, because it may cause their target audience to swing back to the Tories. The Lib Dem share could fall either way, but Labour can't make up the ground if all the UKIPers get cold feet.

I have no actual facts to back this up, it's just what the gnawing pit of my stomach tells me.

There aren't any UKIPers left, they've all gone to the Brexit party

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tesseraction posted:

when her constituency is called instead of a vote count being read out for her a bunch of squirrels will run on stage and drag her off just like when she visited the chocolate factory as a child

poo poo I just made the connection that that's where the idea for the original squirrel story must have come from

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Wachter posted:

I've Mandela Effected from the universe where Her Maj copped it as the tweet described, AMA

Are you Ricey or Burnsy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Brown Moses was totally going to vote Labour you guys, it was just all those mean leftists that forced him to be a Tory

Absolute Zeroes posted:

our transphobic Laura Pidcock

Ftfy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Junior G-man posted:

*Finds Kirby post with a spelling error from six years back*

Oh my God, the mods have been infiltrated by Russian hackers too!

Oh no, the truth was right in front of us this whole time :ohdear:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 3, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

Not sure what you mean Comrade?

And so began the big split in the great UKMT as factoinalism split the revolution apart with the VideoGamesists seizing the machinations of power and enacting swift but violent obliteration of the Rarityviks from the thread.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Then how do you explain what's outside my garden door?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

This is disinformation.

It can't be, Brown Moses isn't tweeting about it

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

It is a gift to you to help arm yourself for the coming times!

I guess I was wrong. Commissar Kirby is a true friend to the working pony :unsmith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The state of the CIA must be pretty poo poo when even a bunch of dumb goons can spot a foreign psy operative

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

BM makes literally a million times more sense once you understand that he has no real expertise and has just leveraged run of the mill shitposting into a career

Still waiting for a covert government organisation to harness my ability to fart out memey catchphrases and abusive sarcasm. Come on MI:5, you are missing out on a valuable asset here!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cerebral Bore posted:

I'm pretty sure Corbyn is going to draft half of this thread to serve in Her Majesty's 1st Shitposting Brigade.

We shall fight them on the forums! We shall fight them on the Twitters!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oh dear me posted:

Yes, but I've seen too many consultation exercises to be reassured by that. They seem sure the end result will be individual tailored plans. And I do not need any help to make my own plans thanks. What comes next? Regular assessments of how well I am conforming to the plan, I expect, or what would be the point of them?

What would you like to see implemented as the alternative?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't believe that Rust Martialis turned out to work for the KGB

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Braggart posted:

Cursed image

VG, please do the needful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm very excited for the commentariat's eventual breakdown into IF CHUKA UMUNNA WAS IN CHARGE :byodood: Lib Dem articles

e: Ok who the gently caress got Braggart that avatar and why are they trolling me? :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

It is done.

Not like this

Not like this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I thought that was a very interesting video that did a great job of dissecting the myth of the British Blitz spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wQ-5ePhe3A

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

painted into a coroner posted:

No Irish general election :(

It's fine, the Tories have still got 8 days to invade you and then you can join in ours

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why does this article exist? Surely the better option would be to just stay quiet about the criticisms so that they fade away from discourse.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

josh04 posted:

Cannot decide if this is the best thing or the absolute worst thing.

https://twitter.com/acidwomble/status/1201943848127213568

Holy poo poo :stwoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Archaeology Hat posted:

How does that work, just personally I in no way have the same positions I had when I was 21. At 21 I was a liberal who felt there was a place for free market solutions anywhere in society, now I want to nationalise everything we can and turn everything else into workers co-ops.

It did work from 1979-2015 because neoliberalism had kept politics completely static without any competing ideologies so where you landed politically as you hit adulthood would be able to stay fairly immobile during all that time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Azza Bamboo posted:

The far right runs football clubs

The far right are hugely ingrained in football but it's also worth noting that Football Lads and Lasses Against Fascism is a really good counter-organisation that has decent support and is working hard to push the fash out of the stands.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I'd assume that this was a CIA psyop to make XR look really dumb if I didn't already know XR actually is really dumb

Nice piece of fish posted:

Please reforest Britain. Please. It would help so much.

Very here for turning Wales into an untamed rainforest

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm a big fan of Momentum's recurring douchebag rich dude character

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bundy posted:

I love this av.

We develop new principles for the world out of the world’s own principles. We do not say to the world: Cease your struggles, they are foolish; we will give you the true slogan of struggle. We merely show the world what it is really fighting for, and consciousness is something that it has to acquire, even if it does not want to.
___________/

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This is like the saddest house party you've ever been to where your mate wasn't able to pick up and the booze ran out early and someone brought along their cousin who's got a huge lust on for neoliberal policies and squirrel death

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mad love to all the goons posting in this thread about deep feelings poo poo. You are brave and powerful people and this thread's better for you posting in it :glomp:

PriorMarcus posted:

So, genuine question; what happens when Labour looses and we get a Tory majority large enough to push their legislation?

gently caress off with this Pissflapsian bullshit you disingenuous melt

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Anyone feeling down remember that there is so much positivity towards Labour that doesn't get aired in the media and that positivity extends far beyond the confines of this thread. A friend of mine in her early 20s told me a few months ago that politics goes completely over her head. She's spent the entire election posting pro-Labour articles and memes on Facebook as has pretty much everyone I have friended. We have a much stronger starting point than we did two years ago and the ruling class is living in denial in the past. They don't know our strength cause they refuse to see it, that's what will be their undoing.

Barry Foster posted:

Yeah! It'll be next week, possibly Tuesday afternoon/evening and maybe Wednesday day time

I have work in the day times and I'm volunteering Tuesday evening :(

I'm looking for somewhere to canvas at the weekend if any Bristol goons are out and about though!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Really don't think anyone's going to be fussed about Corbyn's Queen's speech fluff who isn't already locked in with the Tories. How many millenials do you know that make time for Brenda in between getting drunk and playing video games on Xmas afternoon? :thunkher:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I watched last year's queens Christmas speech because it was her last one.

We've got a Ricey truther over here, folks

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bitterandtwisted posted:

How much does your constituency candidate matter to your vote?
If you're for labour but the labour candidate was a shithead, would you vote libdem in a three way lab/con/lib fight? Or a lab/lib fight?

My incumbent MP is a shithead but last election was a razor thin win against the tory so just gonna hold my nose I guess. :(

Unless your Labour MP is full on Kate loving Hoey which then vote for the melt that Corbyn has the power to whip rather than the melt he doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IF YVETTE COOPER WAS IN CHARGE :byodame: