Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Killing them softly with my posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Let's get this thread to 420 pages and then MERCILESSLY SLAUGHTER IT, er, in a chill way.

Goons Are Gifts

Maybe the last post id will end with 69, too

Escape From Noise

Lol. All of my threads are DOA. Get on my level, OP.

UberCereals

I LIKE BEING SHITTY TO PEOPLE BECAUSE I AM INSECURE AND UNINTELLIGENT, PLEASE VALIDATE MY BULLSHIT BECAUSE BEING AN ASSHOLE IS MY ONLY REAL PERSONALITY TRAIT
Look at the state of my avatar and signature.

I came in, posted twice on a bad comedown and - BAM.

Therefore

I'm sorry BYOB, but I can't post here anymore.

Ever.

Again.

UberCereals

I LIKE BEING SHITTY TO PEOPLE BECAUSE I AM INSECURE AND UNINTELLIGENT, PLEASE VALIDATE MY BULLSHIT BECAUSE BEING AN ASSHOLE IS MY ONLY REAL PERSONALITY TRAIT
Not just that, my avatar was an image I edited in Illustrator for SPEAK UP FLAKES

i.e. if it's on the server please let me have it back because can't be found on google images etc. thank you thank you please ok bye

Escape From Noise

Marry, gently caress, kill but it's with threads

Half-wit

Half a wit more than baby Asahel, or half a wit less? You decide.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Lol. All of my threads are DOA. Get on my level, OP.

Working on it.

*pulls out the thread poison* They're in the walls again.

Goons Are Gifts

I'm cool with threads dying. They get to join their friends in Valhalla, eat plenty and play with their friends, pet some cute animals and sing songs. I was a big advocate of pushing threads after page 5 into an automatic DNR so we can be sure they rest in piece.

But why do you have to kill them so brutally?? Why can't it be a nice and peaceful slumber? What satisfaction does this give you??

Half-wit

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm cool with threads dying. They get to join their friends in Valhalla, eat plenty and play with their friends, pet some cute animals and sing songs. I was a big advocate of pushing threads after page 5 into an automatic DNR so we can be sure they rest in piece.

But why do you have to kill them so brutally?? Why can't it be a nice and peaceful slumber? What satisfaction does this give you??

After my first thread kill I felt shame. An entire series of posts, cut short. I wasn't god. I shouldn't have played god.

But the more time went on, and the long arm of the law never reached out, and the expected smiting never came...my thoughts began to twist.

Maybe thread killing was what god wanted all along. I grabbed my thread killing keyboard and snuck out into the forums. There would be more spilled words today.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i don't kill the thread, but i do butcher it and use every part

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Half-wit

*hears a knock on the door and goes to answer it*

"Hello sir, this is Officer Memez with the Threaderal Bureau of Investigations. We'd like to ask you a couple of questions about a thread last seen on 06:15 Nov 22, 2019. Do you have a few minutes to talk?"

Chevy Slyme

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
How many killed threads does it take to qualify as a serial killer of threads?

Can we get a hit true crime podcast out of this

Heather Papps

hello friend

CaptainPsyko posted:

How many killed threads does it take to qualify as a serial killer of threads?

Can we get a hit true crime podcast out of this

lol hey friends im suzy cider and this is byob: build yonder, on bones! the first ever podcast. first let me get my advertisements out of the way. buttz69, the cool new app!

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
It started with lurking.

Watching cool people post from afar, laughing at their jokes, wishing I could :emptyquote: along with them. Wishing I could post too. A hunger that deepened with every goldmined thread.

One day, feeling brave, I made my first post. Something went wrong. No emptyquotes. No 5's. Just silence, people scrolling past my posts as though they didn't exist, as though I didn't exist.

Inside me, the hunger grew. But it was different now. Alien, sharper.

The first time I killed a thread, I wept with a sickening joy. The power was intoxicating. One simple little post from me and it would all be over. The jokes, the emptyquotes. I held the entire thread at the mercy of my keyboard.

Now, killing threads is the only thing makes me feel truly alive.

I don't know how to stop it, this hunger, and if I'm honest, I don't know that I really want to. One thing is for sure though.

I've killed threads before, and I'll kill them again.

I might even kill yours.

:unsmigghh:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

magic cactus posted:

It started with lurking.

Watching cool people post from afar, laughing at their jokes, wishing I could :emptyquote: along with them. Wishing I could post too. A hunger that deepened with every goldmined thread.

One day, feeling brave, I made my first post. Something went wrong. No emptyquotes. No 5's. Just silence, people scrolling past my posts as though they didn't exist, as though I didn't exist.

The first time I killed a thread, I wept with a sickening joy. The power was intoxicating. One simple little post from me and it would all be over. The jokes, the emptyquotes. I held the entire thread at the mercy of my keyboard.

I don't know how to stop it, this hunger, and if I'm honest, I don't know that I really want to. One thing is for sure though.

I might even kill yours.

:negative:

Escape From Noise

Vehicular threadslaughter

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

drive by thread killah

Goons Are Gifts

magic cactus posted:

It started with lurking.

I might even kill yours.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

magic cactus posted:

It started with lurking.

I might even kill yours.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

magic cactus posted:

It started with lurking.

I might even kill yours.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

All these threads, like tears in rain

Time to post

Crypto Cobain

by Reene

hamjobs posted:

Time to post
:justpost:

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Not it! Haha

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
wait....

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:ohdear:

google THIS

Even when you resurrect a long dead thread, it's only so you can immediately kill it again. A thread's fate is to die repeatedly, hopefully at least 16,800 times.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

google THIS posted:

Even when you resurrect a long dead thread, it's only so you can immediately kill it again. A thread's fate is to die repeatedly, hopefully at least 16,800 times.

that is loving hardcore

thats right, i said it
i said the gently caress word and i darn well meant it

Escape From Noise

Die thread! DIIIIIIIIIIE!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Die thread! DIIIIIIIIIIE!

live thread! liiiiiiive!

Escape From Noise

Heather Papps posted:

live thread! liiiiiiive!

Ironic. The very person trying to save the thread...killed it.

Nowait!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ironic. The very person trying to save the thread...killed it.

Nowait!

bump

Chevy Slyme

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Thread lives, thread dies, thread lives again!

google THIS

The thread is dead, long live the thread!

Heather Papps

hello friend

hamjobs posted:

Time to post

*backflips into a snake pit*

Heather Papps

hello friend

google THIS posted:

The thread is dead, long live the thread!

welcome to the new thread, same as the old thread

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Counterpoint:

NOT IT!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Counterpoint:

NOT IT!

GODMODE im invincible now

Goons Are Gifts

I can't wait to find out how will kill this thread soon. I know who I'd place my money on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's me motherfucker