Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

hey wumba wumba, don’t post irony here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

The_Rob posted:

Is it me or has Adam had a few funny lines in the last couple eps?

The year of the bug continues into 2020 unabated

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

https://www.thecut.com/2019/11/rachel-rabbit-white-poetry-book-launch-party.html

This is the party, but I think that guy should tell us more about degeneracy. And also which tier of the Patreon he’s subscribed to

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

it’s taking all my strength not to tweet at adam to correct his steely dan “tidbit.” chevy chase was never in steely dan, he was in a band with becker and fagen in the 60s while they were at bard. classic Adam getting this wrong.

on the plus side as white men in their early 30s they are right on schedule to start a Steely Dan phase.

there’s a part of this post that made me laugh, but I’m not going to say what that part was

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Gay Horney posted:

i'm literally a gay Jewish man and got called a Nazi for defending the right to say fa- i mean, for some hosed up poo poo. then got probated for a month cause I got mad about that.

it's important to "take back" offensive language to erode the power slurs have. "ironically" using offensive language displaces the target of the humor from the marginalized person to the type of person who uses that language. when nick said he thought "kink" was a slur for a Chinese jew, he's not making fun of Chinese people, or Jewish people, he's making fun of dumb loving racists.

it's a thin line to walk, sure, but the notion that it encourages naughty real life behavior is insane. trump didn't get elected because of naughty things people say online and posting with a pure enough vocabulary won't get rid of bigotry.

the only thing that really matters is improving material conditions for marginalized people and building solidarity so that the actual bigots don't have so much loving power. this seems so obvious that i feel stupid for saying it, especially in the cum town thread. in conclusion I'm gay.

as a fellow lgbt jewish man i honor my ancestors, who endured some of the most horrific persecution in recorded history, by becoming catatonic over problematic emoji and cartoons aimed at 8 year olds

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

Boywhiz88 posted:

You telling me this man goes to sleep and he’s dreaming bout lighthouses??

it’s a metaphor For big juicy cock

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

the subreddit is very bad, and never did anything good besides the ESL classroom thing and the guy who posted a video of his first time using heroin as a tribute to adam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

H*tler was definitely not an identiarian, if anything he was the most identity agnostic world leader at the time. He did like jokes though, something I, as a Jewish man, know nothing about (we as a people are famous for not doing jokes, unlike Germans)