Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Have you watched What We Do In The Shadows? Because I loving loved What We Do In The Shadows, movie and TV series both.
Normally I would have been bummed that the cast from the movie isn't in the show, since the movie was so fun.

But the show is loving great too! I just assumed the show couldn't make it without Jemaine Clement but I decided to give it a chance because of Matt Berry and oh poo poo everyone in the show is so drat good at being a goofy out-of-place vampire :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

That DICK! posted:

i dont have PMs so i have to make a personal post, sorry. re: my post, "i wish i was dead." any psychologist could tell you there is a world of difference between a desire to not live anymore and an intention to inflict self-harm. i wish i was not alive. this is not a joke, and no more keenly can i feel it than when my even-more-shut-in-than-me roommate keeps watching WWE in the common area and i have to see and hear it.

i don't mean to "get worked up over a sixer," i was planning to go to bed anyway. and there's no hard feelings, moddings hard, but i see the way the wind is blowing and i dont want to get banned and pay another $10 again. and i've not been having much fun here lately. so im outta heah! get me on steam if you want to chat: WalterWhiteIRL. or on cspam maybe

I am going to add you on steam and be friendly to you until you get sick of it! I will probably also read your posts in c-spam depending on what thread you see, but I will not be posting there.

I am glad you do not want to self-harm but I think it is good you are not dead because otherwise I could not see your posts. A dead man posts no tales.

Every time you leave, this place is worse for it~

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

did you die

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh hey cancer killed my kitten when he was less than a year old, his sister is still with us but I still miss him

its also killed like a billion of my family members

edit: lmao what a hosed-up snipe. uhhh so did anyone get any cool gifts for friends/family that they are excited to give?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I got my wife a cool carved skull but it's been stuck in customs for a week and I'm not sure it will arrive before the 25th despite exorbitant fees for express shipping. I'll never buy anything that's shipped by DHL again.

Those look really cool but yeah, I deal with US CBP a lot and bringing in an actual animal skull is definitely going to.... pique their interest.

The site says "we have all the legal papers necessary so there will be no problem in importing these skull carvings in your country" so I would get in touch with them. Either someone at Skullbliss hosed up in providing the necessary documentation, or DHL somehow failed to clear customs properly, neither of which is acceptable (especially around holiday season when timeliness is so important)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

My girlfriend has never watched a Star Wars movie, ever. Which is sort-of amazing to me because, like, how? That poo poo is everywhere!

I haven't seen any of the more recent movies, after watching the prequel trilogy, I came to the conclusion that my interest in Star Wars is basically "space and aliens and lasers and poo poo are cool!" and that the sum total of characters I actually liked was:
-Han Solo
-Darth Vader

And then the prequels did a good job of making Darth Vader retroactively suck rear end so now I just like Han Solo. And they made a Han Solo movie but I hear it was very bad? So no more Star Wars. There are other options for cool space poo poo.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I really loved Witcher 3 (how could you not) but for some reason every time I think about a witcher show I wind up thinking of a guy yelling IM THE WITCHER and rapping ala Noel Fielding as The Hitcher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lodxyZvLSc0

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

So after complaining about/criticizing Sammy Guevara's Funko Pop collection, my GF just got a gift from a friend.

It's a Cousin Eddie from Christmas Vacation Funko Pop. :stare:

I just got owned.

edit: Columbo owns tho

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Io Saturnalia everybody! I've been introducing my two new friends to the internet because I'm soft and I love them.

This is Sloth and Captain Chunk and they are good and soft and my friends. And thanks to them I got to teach my mom that sloths are real things that exist.
(I also got other stuff for Christmas)
Sloths are cool, congrats on your sloth and on enlightening urmom about God's Perfect Creation

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Happy New Years, PSP. I hope in 2020 everyone's life becomes as happy and fun as mine, unless it's already better than mine, in which case I hope it stays that way instead!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I spent the beginning of my New Years Day Morning watching even more Sammy Guevara vlogs :swoon:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i never heard of the show "Messiah" but all I can think of is Sammy Guevara's pre-AEW theme music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aili7Xqj1rI

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh but seriously I posted:

the wrestling forum is quietly the most chill and loving of them all

i was going to say this isnt true but i just checked the main forum page and.... its probably true :ohdear:

maybe the hiking forum tho?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh there's a number of chill threads but chill forums?

theres probably a chill thread in TVIV but that doesn't change the fact that two threads down, someone will be threatening to murder someone else for saying Larry Butz wasn't the right choice to play The Gobstopper in Jessica Jones

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Wait they cast Larry Butz for that role!?! :argh:

When something smells, it's usually the Butz.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the only newspaper comic i like is Calvin and Hobbes

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Legit the best newspaper comic ever made :hai:

It's insanely good and I'm pretty sure the only reason anyone thought I was smart as a kid was because of times I just quoted Calvin and Hobbes.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

lmao at the newest round of drama, 2020 has been a hell of a year and we're EIGHT DAYS IN

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Today I found out that I have borderline high cholesterol and I’m now horribly freaked out.

Errr, this is awkward, but are you my girlfriend? Because that is exactly the situation today with my girlfriend.

I guess I'm going to start eating healthy :negative:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the only good pokemon is snorlax and quite frankly he should count as legendary

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

coconono posted:

I got like 20 of the fuckin things in my box. Along with a bunch of lvl 70 magikarps.

Extremely blessed and powerful lineup of 6 snorlaxes ftw.

I haven't played pokemon in well over a decade, do you have 20 snorlaxes because there are 20 spots where they fell asleep on a path you need, so you have to wake them up with a flute?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

coconono posted:

in the new game you can do what are called MAX RAIDS, which is a 4 player co-op dungeon featuring one bigass pokemon. Your team beats the pokemon to a pulp and you get a chance to capture it. Lately, all I've been getting are Snorlaxes and Magikarps. I think I've only caught one Snorlax in the wild and that's because he laughed at my bike. The raids are the only way to effectively farm for XP candies which are the fastest way to get new pokemons up to acceptable levels(i'm currently building a lvl70 team so I need lots of candies as I'm indecisive as gently caress).
OK I'm a little baffled that pokemon now has co-op RAIDS but I'm laughing at the idea that half your raids are against a magikarp, that owns. I guess it makes sense that so far you've faced the best pokemon and the worst pokemon :hai:

Around the time I found out that pokemon had breeding and that the best way to level pokemon was to have them fight specific other pokemon to grind up specific stats, I decided the series wasn't for me anymore.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

This all sounds pretty cool, although the lack of chat (classic Nintendo there) is probably very frustrating. Do any of the classic pokemons get cool visual upgrades in dynamaxed mode, or is it just the newer ones? Obviously not Snorlax, as he is perfect :colbert:

It also explains why you're OK grinding for rare candies, with all those ways to work on stats, the disadvantages of shoving candy down your pokemons throat are probably mitigated. I remember finding out that Rare Candy was actually a bad thing because of the aforementioned stat-bonus hidden system, and as a guy who constantly tries to circumvent any grinding by even the cheesiest methods available, this was unacceptable to me.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

being old is a state of mind, or a state of appearance, depending on whether you interact with other people or not

although i hear you gotta lie about being 30+ on dating apps, which is a good lie to start your next relationship

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Spikegal posted:

Man this headline pissed me off. Like no poo poo - ya'll made heathcare too unaffordable. Like I have some major dental issues that for all I know will lead to heart failure but I can't afford to pay for Dental Insurance which is for some reason separate from health insurance

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1216751821252898816

There was a pretty amazing tweet quoted in Succ Zone the other day, of a woman who said she used to argue with her boyfriend about health insurance (he wanted M4A, she thought private health insurance was good).

https://twitter.com/katewillett/status/1214627474019094528

As a bonus, check her reply to her own tweet underneath!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Also twitter's amazing format means you read the middle part first, then the bottom part, then the top. And then if you click her post, you'll be able to see her own reply to herself. Thank you for being so easy to use, Twitter! :stoked:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Got three wrestling related gifts today $$$

-Sammy Guevara shirt

-Orange Cassidy shirt

-Hiromu Takahashi toy

:D Great haul imo

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

WatermelonGun posted:

post the takahashi toy

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

After nearly nine years sober o can confirm this. Free time is the true drug.

Congrats! I am coming up on seven years very soon :)

Free time really is the best, and its such a revelation once you stop drinking/drugging that you basically had a 24/7 job on top of your 'normal' life. Now even when I'm "busy", it's not nearly as "busy" as it used to be. I have had a lot less free time lately due to things I can't cancel (legal stuff, death of loved ones, etc.) But plans you can cancel are just wonderful, and I support Foochs and anyone else who wants to cancel the thing they don't want to do.

I did get to sleep in on Sunday though, and hell yessssss i didn't do JACK poo poo and it felt great. Well, not entirely true; I did finish the final episode of Golden Girls.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Hello General Thread I hope everyone is safe from coronavirus and internet-induced misery today!

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

the best april fools joke for SA would be to pretend the forums were closed by Lowtax for not making money anymore, and then the prank is that he chose April 1 to close them for realsies and we're all stuck anxiously waiting for the site to come back

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I am still working, from my office. So far my life is basically the same except with a shorter commute and no social engagements.

My state is full of the 'vid and sadly a friend of a friend just passed from it, so I'm sure my days are numbered

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

HunterXHunter is really good. I don't know whats on crunchyroll though.

Someone asked for Slice of Life stuff before, and I think Azumanga Daioh was my favorite of those back when I watched more anime. I don't know any anime from the last decade+ though?

I also liked Haibane Renmei but I'm not sure that it qualifies as.... uh, not sure what genre it is at all actually :thunk:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

NienNunb posted:

They legalized weed in the best state (new jersey) so once January comes :discourse:

hell yeah

i dont smoke anymore but the idea that all my friends can smoke weed without it being used as grounds for police violence is pretty awesome

it won in some other states too, i wonder how mad it makes the prison industry

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

big time lmao that THIS is why americans will storm the capitol building

we live in the stupidest and funniest era

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Best candy. I recently had to correct someone that said normal Sour Patch Kids are the best. They are not. Sour patch watermelon is the best.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I think you should bring a copy of "Killing the Business" and tweet a pic to the Young Bucks :twisted:

(u dont actually have to burn the book tho)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Captain Magic posted:

My Deadwood theory is we all want to be Al, afraid we’re Bulloch, happily settle for Cochran, but are all secretly Merrick.

Or idk maybe you’re some loser who doesn’t aspire to be a white alcoholic murderer

I want to be Ellsworth, used to try to be Al, but was mostly Farnum with a brief period spent as Calamity Jane.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

I got owned so hard attempting to order delivery food because I’m sick and can’t go out.

I put the order in then suddenly realized I forgot to tip like a dumb gently caress so I immediately messaged the door dash driver picking my order up and apologized and offered to send my tip to the driver directly, he said it was cool told me his paypal, I sent over my 10 dollar tip (Order total with tip was 21 dollars so that’s like a 45% tip I don’t stiff people).

Dude immediately cancelled my order, blocked me on paypal and I’m just like…why? Why be an rear end in a top hat!

That’s my sad rant. Life is pain lol.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Wordle 206 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

i never heard of wordle before, its a long wait till the next puzzle!!!