Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
sick

achillesforever6 posted:

It's inevitable that every Greek Mythology retelling must be "We must defeat a resurgent Kronos" since like Age Of Mythology

Yeah and apparently they did the Chronus/Kronos merge too, but that one is pretty old at this point and cool thematically so I'm okay with it.

Ragnar34 posted:

- winter grandma has become harvest grandma

Instead of ice attacks she just gives enemies a runny nose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Skippy McPants posted:

It would be very funny if he is stuck doing all the admin while his little sister gets to go out and have all the fun. Also, a good bit of that tragic irony the Greeks love so much.

he'd be so terrible at it lol

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

indigi posted:

I have to agree, the original olympians were all super unique but except for Hecate these are pretty samey-looking. also I thought Nemesis was just Wonder Woman for a second.

I had the same thought but they are also mostly chthonic deities so them looking gray-er and more thematically uniform may be intended.

I like this one:

https://twitter.com/weejburbles/status/1601055027485118464

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Item Getter posted:

I hope you can unlock the Aspect of Lenin to turn it into a hammer and sickle.

Turn your sickle into a chakram with Aspect of Xena

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

indigi posted:

Rob Liefeld spine in that last one

Nemesis's body proportions looked pretty absurd in the trailer though, wtf is up with her waist

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
Hades II: Chronos's Cross

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I wonder how they're gonna characterize Chronos. First game was ultimately about a broken family getting back together through the uncovering of secrets so it's likely that the nature of Hades's upbringing (and how that might reflect on his relationship to his own kids) will be an important thematic point. "Chronos has escaped, go kick his rear end" is also a pretty simple plot (even somewhat of a cliché in modern works) so there's room to give the narrative a bit more depth.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

CeeJee posted:

Just noticed how Poseidon never mentions Zagreus by name. It's all 'nephew' and 'little Hades' as if he's too old and senile to remember a new name.

As the self-appointed Cool Uncle, of course he's going to have a nickname for him.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Torrannor posted:

If their titan dad was the big antagonist, it would make sense that Zeus and Poseidon return.

Following that logic that also makes Demeter along with maybe Hera and Hestia more likely since those all were directly involved in the Titanomachy.

I don't know if we should expect all of the first game's Olympians to come back - it might increase the amount of work needed on balance, voicelines, etc. too much - but OTOH they're all pretty popular with fans so any of them could conceivably be there.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It's gonna be revealed that with the same anachronism as the Adamant Rail, Poseidon has his own motorcycle and convertible car.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
It kind of get lost in the pop nerd understanding of Zeus but he has plenty of redeeming qualities. He's the protector of the cosmic order, of sacred hospitality, he's the life-giving sky. There were reasons for his worship.

Ragnar34 posted:

The lone shade in the Theseus fight who's on your side, could that be Ariadne?

It works better IMHO if it's just a random shade who's enthusiastic enough to openly support you. Anyway since Hades's original concept had Theseus as its protagonist I'm sure they have notes on what they could do with Ariadne somewhere.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
I guess it's not impossible that they'll try to humanize Chronos too, eventually, even if he'll still be way, way worse than Hades ever was (for one, Zagreus never visited his father's stomach).

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

serefin99 posted:

I will second that Zeus shield is super fun. Maybe not the best, but fun.

It carried me through my first complete run, just having it following me as I dash all over the place without having to inflict the damages myself.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Nihilarian posted:

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1611019694869483523?t=4dYGMiZxGvkv3Wazibn2ZA&s=19
I was wondering how they were going to frame the base, i guess Melinoe is at witch school lol

lmao @ the Ukraine flags in the QTs

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Nebrilos posted:

Why is Zagrius so weak, anyways? He's the son of the god of the dead. Why does he need so much help from other gods just to fight, say, a Furie or a dead hero?

All of these people are related to gods in some way, the difference isn't as stark as it appears. Also they have more experience fighting than he does.

e: And Zagreus is only 3/4th of a god, Persephone's father was a mortal instead of Zeus in this version. He's more human as a result, which is why he bleeds normal blood instead of divine ichor.

YaketySass fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 17, 2023

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
in Hades they say Updogs anyway

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

his only weakness: his complete inability to say "mate" in a natural sounding way

Probably sounds better in the original Greek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

sebzilla posted:

How does she smell?

like death