Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.

marktheando posted:

Just watch Children of Earth, it's the only good Torchwood.

Or as I like to call it, the complete vindication of Prime Minster Harriet Jones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Let's go through it.

k I'm ultimately disappointed with this doctor who episode and the season as a whole.

But to be fair, it's more of a stepped on my foot, then ruined my dreams sort of thing.

Not a fan of the new Master. He's not even chewing the scenery properly and I have a benchmark for quality in this regard (Neal Mcdonough). He was just annoying. Not as bad as Paul Simms, but nowhere near as good as Missy.

Plus seriously cheesed that I heard Ace was supposed to be making a cameo this season and her lack of Ace will knock down my score.

But comparatively, I thought the acting was good, and watching the humans deal with cyberman was descent. Jodie Whittaker is doing a great job with the doctor and, Yaz is actually allowed to do things, and Graham is the greatest companion since the Pond's.

Now only they could could get somebody from big finish to write the scripts.

Events that annoyed me more in doctor who:

1. Let's go kill Hitler. You don't title this and then make it a river song focus peace. It made me hate the character with a passion and it's not her fault at all.

2. Clara - She was a mary sue upon mary sue character that was the third and worst version with two other examples that were way better concepts. She couldn't even die properly like Aldric (and worse followed up with a crappy galafrey episode).

3. The golden age destroyed by the 10th doctor - Prime Minister Harriet Jones is the greatest hero of nuwho and if Tennant's character hadn't been such a whiny person, we might actually have something interesting happening. Then he makes fun of queen victory in the next episode. There is a reason tennant annoys me as the doctor. Donna Noble with a rolled up newspaper couldn't come soon enough.

So yet another bad Galafrey episode that makes Trial of a Time Lord look amazing.

Last time I was mad when they took 18 months off (heck I think I even got a warning).

This time, I'm kinda glad we have the time.

Chibnall, stand in the corner and think long and hard of what you have done.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Show was always destined to go downhill once they peaked with Clara but holy moly this newest retcon is really making me think I've not missed much by not seeing any of the 13th doctor yet.

I rather liked the souffle making dalek so I have to agree with you. :)

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Rowan Atkinson's Doctor has a catch phrase, but it's in Slitheen. :p

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Donna Nobel knows no equal.

If "no equal" you mean roughly equivelent to Ace, Jamie, Sarah Jane and the Brigadeer. :p

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Next season, the master shows up with a new face and propeller beanie and genocides the Silurians.

The Doctor makes a cross face.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

not so much hate as he is seriously trying too hard.

He really reminds me of ihawk from futurama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdhveixpV24

Horrifically Zany one moment, sad and full of dispare the next.

I feel this need to politely tell him to get back on his meds.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

yeah

It's not quite a Moffat final episode crash, but it feels more like a stage magician making a mistake on stage and pretending it didn't happen.

It went boink.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

alrighty.

What's bugging me more is the last few comments from why they are leaving from Bradley Walsh.

Is there something inherently toxic about doing new Doctor Who?

First Christopher Eccleston only did a season and ran away screaming.

Then the head-shaving affair.

Now Bradley Walsh saying very politely that the experience sucked.

when you compare it to legends of tomorrow, it feels like, for all its faults, their biggest complaints is that they don't want to leave.

We can't blame RTD, Moffat or Chipnel for this one because it seems pretty consistent.

Is it the fans, or is the BBC still actively sabotaging it yet again?

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

I just want a rude rear end penguin to show up, is that too much to ask?

We all have our favorites if we had the budget to do it right

For me it's Kevin

https://tardis.fandom.com/wiki/Kevin_(When_Worlds_Collide)

2house2fly posted:

That was his final episode, and Moffat wrote it into the story- the Doctor smuggles the Tardis into a restricted zone where technology isn't allowed by shaving his head and stashing a key in his wig

E: he later admits that his "clever plan" to get into the restricted zone was actually just a happy accident and he'd shaved his head out of boredom. Man I miss Matt Smith!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/peter-capaldi-goes-bald-new-20470401

Capaldi went bald too. :D

shades of eternity fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 7, 2020

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

https://www.deviantart.com/bonjman/gallery/27013917/doctor-who

The comic strip that sold me on a female doctor who. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

DancingShade posted:

But why a bland woman lead instead of a great woman lead, ie someone like Mary Tamm or Kate O'Mara. May they both rest in peace.

Actually it probably comes down to poo poo writing again.

In a perfect world, the first female doctor would have been played by Stephanie Cole.