Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Does anybody know something about Darwin's Game and Kyokou Suiri (In/Spectre)? I checked a little bit of manga for both to get a taste of what they're about and while they don't look terrible I wonder if they're worth getting into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Tales of Woe posted:

first ep of Somali and the Forest Spirit is up a week early on crunchyroll. it's nice

Seconding that. It looks gorgeous and is lovely. I watched it early in the morning and it definitely made my day. Worked better for me than the beginning of the manga.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Darwin's Game ep 1 was... certainly something. I don't know who was responsible for camera work but it was probably the most entertaining thing in whole ep, especially in the second part

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
In case anybody's sucker for behind-the-scenes peeks here's an interview with the director of Eizouken ep 1 .

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I watched In/Spectre and it was ok, I guess, but can't say it grabbed me. That ed is a bomb, though

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Speaking of Netflix jail...

https://twitter.com/NXOnNetflix/status/1216766859955056640

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I watched Hanako-kun 1&2 and it's good! I was dreading at least one poop joke, but so far nothing of the sort, 10/10.

Also, it's not winter 2020 related, but I've recently learned of existence of Thunderbolt Fantasy. It's incredible and made me feel complete as a human being

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Wasn't IR removed from a bunch of other sites as well? I think Amazon removed it. And one Japanese TV channel also stopped broadcasting it

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Neddy Seagoon posted:

So is it just dead altogether at this point, or is it still getting some kind of weekly release in Japan through streaming or whatever?

There are 4 more channels that broadcast it in Japan

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

DisDisDis posted:

same artstyle man. maybe its popular across multiple age demographics

e; or well i mentally lump that dude in with bishis but maybe there's more accurrate subtypes of samey looking dudes

I've recently been analysing some compilations of cute/hot/sexy anime guys on youtube* and there's definitely some same-face syndrom in all respective subtypes. Like, there's smiling guy, smug guy, expresionless guy, guy in glasses. And the same haircut in 80% of cases. And because majority of shojo is school drama, they usually wear samey clothes too. In shounen etc. artists generally get more creative with designs.

Also, a lot depends on how the dude is framed. That image you posted is just weird. The guy is technically holding the girl but seems completely disinterested in her and instead stares in the viewer's direction like he was trying to find a way out. Or like he was passive-aggressive with the viewer

*yes, I'm procrastinating, why do you ask?

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Nthing in/spectre recommendations, although I needed time to get used to it. It's specific

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
Not only that, what threw me off the most initially were dialogues. They are really unnatural in a way. Those characters don't talk like real people, they talk like novel characters

edit: I meant put me off. English language has beat me yet again

macabresca fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 27, 2020

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Wark Say posted:

I think that's part of the charm, tbh.

Oh, definitely. I wouldn't like it to be any different, I simply had to readjust my expectations a little bit to enjoy the ride

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
From what I've seen around the Internet Hanako-kun goes places and many manga readers were psyched to see all the "it's a fun comedy" hot takes after first couple of episodes. I imagine Hanako's backstory will be a real hitter (I'm reading a bit ahead and I don't think we'll get to that this season though).

I watched a bit of Pet and it would be fun if not for yikes upon yikes and a very confusing plot. ID is fine if a bit bland

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I started watching Eizouken (yes, I've been putting it off since January) and I guess at this point nobody needs to hear it, but it's pretty good! Very good even! It's such a joy to look at. I sometimes need to rewind a few seconds just to grasp everything that's happening on the screen. It' ridiculous how well it looks. The writing is also brilliant and I love the character designs. I still have a few episodes left and I haven't been this excited to watch an anime since a very long time. This series is definitely gonna change my way of looking at animation.

Good thing I haven't seen Beastars yet too, I'll have another great series to watch

Edit: ^^ lol, I can't wait

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

This day just got so much better :D

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Kyte posted:

Given it's apparently getting serialized in the same year it's getting animated I'm wondering if perhaps it's intended to be a limited run series.

At first I was surprised too, but it's gonna be an OVA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

cave emperor posted:

Season's winding down, here's my impressions of all the shows I've kept up with.

Pretty much same for me. I've been also watching Hanako-kun, which has great esthetic, likeable dorky characters and a good mixture of funny and :stare: moments, and Runway, which in some regards is a really average shounen but also has quite good character writing