Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

CyberPingu posted:

Have City just given up having a defense and are just going for "gently caress it, try and put 5 past everyone" each game.

To be fair, when Angelino played he had a negligible affect on the defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Apparently United made a last day panic bid on Josh King, got quoted a price of 50m and rightly backed the gently caress off, and are now in a panic trying to get in a loan striker.

Thoroughly planned transfer strategy, ladies and gentlemen. No need to revise anything.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Might be a bit late to get a deal through but there's this Belgian striker playing for Inter who's doing well there, might be just what they need imo

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It was sorta murky a year ago but I’d say Inter are now undeniably a cut above United

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/Ankaragucu/status/1223281467616382976

that feeling when you sign 11 players on deadline day

An Actual Bear
Feb 15, 2012

Are Pooshited still being linked with Islam Slimani on loan? Because lmao if a 31 year old currently bullying french farmers is the best they could do with a literal month to find a striker.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/1223303333592604673

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Boateng is loving off to Besiktas from Fiorentina after only six months. I was hoping he'd have more of an impact but he isn't a starter under Iachini. Montella strikes again!!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

The contravirus lol

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

The contravirus lol
Woodward should have just paid what Norton was asking for in the first place, now they’re hosed with no backups.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

The contravirus lol

gamers disease...

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Hey, it actually happened
https://twitter.com/BVB/status/1223304940807958529

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

CyberPingu posted:

Have City just given up having a defense and are just going for "gently caress it, try and put 5 past everyone" each game.

Yes, but without the trying to put 5 past eveyone

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Why don't United just cut out the middleman and hijack the Jarrod Bowen deal?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

pik_d posted:

To be fair, when Angelino played he had a negligible affect on the defense.

I meant more from a depth perspective considering they have awful luck with defenders getting injured

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The United hierarchy is literally so convoluted and complicated that one of the recent managers (Jose or Van Gaal IIRC) had to wait several weeks to get his broken desk replaced, because there were so many layers of approvals in the way.

The idea that after spending literally a month buying a player, who really wanted to come from a club that was desperate to sell, United were going to get anything else done in two days is laughable.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bacon Terrorist posted:

He's allegedly at the Taxpayer Bowl right now meeting with the West Ham board to get the final details sorted so he'll probably have signed for Man U by about 10.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

An Actual Bear posted:

Are Pooshited still being linked with Islam Slimani on loan? Because lmao if a 31 year old currently bullying french farmers is the best they could do with a literal month to find a striker.

Last I read Leicester didn’t have a recall clause in the loan cause why would we and that had stopped it

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Keisuke Honda to Botafogo is something that happened. I’ll miss him offering himself to clubs on twitter

https://twitter.com/botafogo/status/1223246728461156352?s=21

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Will United fans accept, “well we tried to sign him but he couldn’t leave the country”?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Twitter geniuses claiming Adebayor is going on loan to Chelsea (or Brighton or Spurs or West Ham or Bournemouth) which may or may not be some sort of weird meta art thing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Total Meatlove posted:

Will United fans accept, “well we tried to sign him but he couldn’t leave the country”?

The latest is that United have agreed a loan fee of £4m for Odion Ighalo, but he indeed can't leave China for 2-3 weeks at least due to the travel ban.

So... I have no idea what to say or think about this.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
loving Ighalo lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
https://twitter.com/LCFC/status/1223365339460726785

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

presumably this is so Benkovic can go get some playing time on loan in the championship

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I'm lmaoing hard at Ighalo

I thought King was desperate panic level but they sure topped it

However I'm sure the low low bargain bin price is actually a big win placing Manchester United at the top of the FFP table! Woodward has learned a lot from Kroenke and Levy about that I'm sure.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Der Shovel posted:

The latest is that United have agreed a loan fee of £4m for Odion Ighalo, but he indeed can't leave China for 2-3 weeks at least due to the travel ban.

Its still better than signing someone with a broken back on a six month loan

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

The Guardian has this bolded

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Someone forgot to use "replace all", he was supposed to go to Cagliari earlier in the week

https://twitter.com/ForzaJuve2017/status/1223329405122031617

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Its still better than signing someone with a broken back on a six month loan

True, but that's a very very low bar. And I have to say "emergency signing to replace our striker who also has a broken back... except this guy can't leave China for weeks" is a good attempt.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1223378325336395777?s=20

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/SwansOfficial/status/1223377920929996800?s=20

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Swansea clearing house

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
DONE DEAL

https://twitter.com/WestHamSocial/status/1223387417601814530

West ham complete the signing of Short Sexual Offender to complement their earlier signing of Tall Sexual Offender.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I thought they got Jack Wilshere last summer

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Swansea clearing house

6 out today (although one was recalled to go back out) making 8 in total this window who'd made a first team appearance. Andre Ayew probably makes more than the rest of the squad put together now.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Odion actual loving Ighalo?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scoring 15 for a poo poo Watford side, uh, 3 years ago, was all United needed to hear

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
He was actually good at one point. Maybe not "as good as Man U think they are" good, but still pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Decent punt for a midtable side