Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
My hope is that Minamino is for squad rotation like Shaq and Origi, my fear is that he'll replace Mane or Salah. Either way these days I have a lot of faith in Klopp and the club's transfer acumen and their ability to get the best out of players, so I'm pretty hopeful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Man United are at the front of the line for Emre Can.

lmao speaking of midfielders with no end product

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Diva Cupcake posted:

Can was mostly mediocre but would inexplicably score a worldie like twice a year.

I've said it before but the thing to understand about Can (at least at Liverpool, I haven't seen him since he went to Juve) is that he has unshakable self-confidence and believes he's an amazing footballer, but he isn't. So he'll try dribbling around ten players and lose the ball, he'll try ambitious 50-yard through passes that go straight out of play, and he'll take ten long shots a game that fly into the stands. But like once every few games one of those things works and he looks like a top top top player for five seconds. You could make a great highlight reel of Can's occasional best moments, but actually watching him for a full game 90% of what he does is lose the ball and foul people.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Der Shovel posted:

He fulfills the two necessary categories ATM:

[x] is alive
[x] is not Nemanja Matic

*finger curls on monkey's paw*

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
the only thing more american than growing up in ohio is never leaving ohio

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This Ashley Young thing reminds me of when Aurelio's contract expired and he left Liverpool and then like a month later Hodgson panicked and re-signed him because they weren't able to find another left back other than Konchesky lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lmao this owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Maybe it's just me but if I were a 16-year-old footballer and I wanted to reach my maximum potential I wouldn't sign for today's Manchester United.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Hello 16 year old footballer, how would you like to earn £30k a week? He's probably on £1k a week or so now at Birmingham, maybe less.

If he's actually that good, he could probably earn 30k/week at a different club.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
watch Fernandes now reject the move because he wants to go to Barca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

trem_two posted:

None of Juve's transfers that seemed like almost sure things a few days ago are going to happen, it seems. The De Sciglio for Kurzawa deal is dead, the Pjaca move to Cagliari is dead, and Juve are holding out for €30m for Emre Can, but Dortmund aren't interested at that price.

It's mostly about clearing out dead weight and balancing the books, but it sounds like that is a fairly urgent need for FFP.

tbh Juve should probably be paying Dortmund 30m to get rid of Emre Can