Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

IDGAF about the date today, I'm already checked out of work for the rest of the year and Liverpool have already made the best transfer* of the window anyway

https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1207580239829835776

Put on your Christmas jumpers and start posting speculative bullshit from papers you never read about players you've never seen but some muppet retweeted it so now it's in your timeline!

*unless United somehow manage to get someone to give them anything at all for Ashley Young

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

tarbrush posted:

This is I think what's happening with the Red Sox right now.

So in other words expect Minamino to be a Salah replacement

I love Mo but Mané is the one everyone's sniffing around these days and his clutch stats this season have been off the charts

Minamino looks more like a Firmino replacement anyway

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

EvilHawk posted:

The talk at the moment is that Klopp is preparing for one full rebuild before the end of his contract in 2024. It is likely that one of Salah and Mané want to leave in the next year or two, neither are diehard reds and if they (particularly Salah) want to be global superstars unfortunately they're probably going to have to go through Real or Barca at some point. I don't think Minamino is necessarily a replacement for those two - though of course we have a track record of buying players for cheap and turning them into the best players in their positions - and if one of them do leave I think we'll see a big big transfer to replace them along the lines of Sancho or Mbappe.

James Pearce midweek said he thinks the midfield is the next area to invest in. Henderson and Wijnaldum are 29 and Milner is 33 so in four years time I very much doubt any of those three will still be here. If we're just taking the players we currently have Fabinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain are 26 whilst Keita is 24, so all else being equal those three will take the place of the older lot. We don't have too much coming through other than Curtis Jones in midfield so getting someone else in that 20-22 age range would be perfect. There was some rumours going around midweek that we had been asking about Kai Havertz but I suspect the rest of Europe is as well.

My main concern is the defence because we have zero good left backs at the club beyond Robertson and there's a gaping hole at center back. I would like to see us make a move for a young CB in January (even if we loan them back) to try and shore up that position for the future.

Robertson's more the exception than the rule for that position though, he's the first good player we've had there since Riise. Aurelio, Konchesky, Moreno, Insua, Dossena, Cissokho... Enrique was OK for a bit I guess, but the others were just not.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Ah yes, I have definitely heard of this Italian born of Ghanaian heritage who I guess grew up in the US thus making him American.

It does op

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

greazeball fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jan 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

lmao

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/1222221551094751232