Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I think the US military is probably lying and using video footage that is A: very easily faked and 2: very hard to prove is faked.

I couldn't say what the exact reason for this lie is but it sure as poo poo a billion more likely than the other option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
He seems really humble and says he totally doesn't keep the money or really like the attention he gets for it though. I think being on the worlds biggest podcast with the guy who he recently appeared in a documentary with proves that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

super sweet best pal posted:

If aliens did make contact with us, they could decimate us economically. Gold is nearly $1500 an oz, suppose they brought tons of the stuff and flooded the market until it was worth pennies. Then they could use their gold money to corner other markets.

What hope has the wealth of nations against the resources of entire galaxies?

Then I could have the giant gold brick I've always wanted.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The_Continental posted:

roughly 100% of abduction stories are just people who got fingerblasted by their uncles and have created a complex coping mechanism

:suicide:

No most of them are just people straight up lying for attention. People that get sexually abused generally don't make up wild tales to cover it up. They just don't talk about it then turn to drugs and alcohol to cope.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

The_Continental posted:

no its not about covering up its about accounting for the cognitive dissonance that is created when a loved one or adult authority figure, through a traumatic event triggers a sort of semiotic reprogramming masking the authority figure

"In 1996, McNally and Clancy became the first researchers to examine memory function in women who believed they had recovered memories of childhood sexual abuse. They found that these women were significantly more likely to create false memories of nontraumatic events in a lab than were women who had always remembered being sexually abused, or women who had never been abused. (The findings are outlined in McNally's book, Remembering Trauma, published this spring. See review, page 81).

Here's an article from psychology today, the excerpt is the takeaway. I learned of the phenomenon from Dr. Bertram Karon, a brilliant psychoanalyst and professor who passed away in august at age 89.

Are all the kids pretending to have dragon souls or the ones that think they're totally vampires doing so to cope with sexual abuse too?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I seriously don't understand the aversion to saying "the people who say they got abducted are almost all lying" because that's what's going on there it's no loving mystery and we don't need to dig for alternative plausible theories.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
lmao at the credulous idiots that are compelled by that footage

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
The entire thing hinges on the credibility of the US navy. I say they have none and in 50 years were gonna find out they spend $100 million dollars in some dumbass attempt to get more funding.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Sir we've conducted some research that shows that like 60% of americans are abject morons and thinks aliens are real and did 911.

Colonel put together some footage and tell congress we need a trillion dollars to fight this UFO menace

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Kazak posted:

The US military isn't hurting for funds nor do they need to beg for more funding

Even by internet skeptic standards you're not very good at this

lmao yeah no you're right the US military and subsidiaries don't lobby for more money all the time

They're responsible organizations that realize that they have enough to to the job they're tasked with and are happy with that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Sorry I guess I'm just ignorant about how the real world works. I should spend some more time on Youtube educating myself.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Relayer posted:

There are actually a whole lot of really good educational channels on youtube that are meticulously researched and presented such as real life lore, vsauce, astrum etc.. you shouldn't categorically dismiss it because it's youtube and idiots can use it as well. Most mainstream media outlets are garbage trash too, including even now the history channel that runs those insane alien conspiracy shows as if they are "historical"

Oh really Vsauce huh? The channel whose main presenter is a proven holocaust denier? Please tell me more about how YouTube is a reliable source.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

fcc compliant bob posted:

believe Bob Lazar's story.

Why do you believe this obvious frauds story even after it's been shown to you how and why his story is 100% obvious bullshit?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

You can go back and read why I said I believe it. Go back and read my documented account of a UFO sighting. Also gently caress your entire premise

Why did you make up the story about seeing a UFO and why do you continue to lie to people about it?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mainly because I need attention

I knew that was why but it's good to admit it. There are much more believable stories you can make up about yourself. Why not invent one about the time some famous person invited you into the VIP area at a club?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

How about this? Once upon a time I met a really cool dude named Funky See Funky Do

Thank you for the compliment. It's not a lie but it would be better to substitute the truth in place of the falsehoods you've been spreading up until now. I approve.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

I was really hoping you would.

Well I'm real glad you feel that way, friend. Now, why don't you call up some of them alien buddies of yours and hop up into one of them UFOS you done seen and spread the word across the galaxy. Then I reckon we'd all be real obliged.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Big Beef City posted:

If you see an unknown, possibly alien, possibly GHOST ship or other object while at sea, or maybe on one of the Great Lakes or some such, would you still refer to it as a UFO? (Unidentified Floating Object)

Has this urgent, important question ever been asked or answered in these trying times??

No idiot because anything you find at sea is yours as long can keep your big mouth shut.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
"Aliens" aka angels aka the annunaki aka the nephelim aka the greys don't believe in the theory of gravity and UFOs are held aloft by gods perfect love.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
1. Cow abductions are, on balance of the evidence most likely angels offering sacrifices to the lord.

2. Being in the direct presence of angels of the lord overwhelms the senses and accounts for peoples fuzzy or incomplete memories.

3. rear end in a top hat loophole.

We don't need to deduce anything scripture already tells us that angels use flaming swords.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Bigfoot is such a misnomer. His feet are only big compared to human feet. They're actually quite dainty for his species.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Dick Bastardly posted:

you're talking about his corporeal feet, but what about his interdimentional infrasound feet hmmmmm??

You mean his hands?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Simone Magus posted:

Just woke up to a friend's text saying his theory is that the weird monolith things showing up have been viral marketing for GTA6, and now I feel like I'm crazy because it feels like this already happened

Isn't it crushingly depressing to realise that for anything weird or mysterious that happens viral marketing is the most likely explanation?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Shouldn't it be "UFO are real"? Surely UFO is the both the singular and the plural since in the initialization both object and objects are represented by the O.

A mod should fix that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
People don't really freak out without an imminent threat. Consider global warming or if you want to be melodramatic consider that a huge number of people alive right now (at least claim to) believe that there are evil spirits attempting to personally harm them and lead them into doing things that will cause them to be held for an eternity in a dimension of torture. They just say a few magic words every so often and go to work like it's tbd.

E: Also the example of the cold war - They lived (live) under the constant threat of nuclear annihilation and still mostly just went about their business like whatever.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 19, 2020

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

If they couldn't even track down that jetpack dude that kept buzzing LAX last year (causing the entire airport to be closed down several times) then there's zero chance they'd be able to catch a UFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnLW5SHzMNs

Wait, WHAT? When did jetpack tech get this far? What the hell? That's amazing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Oh. That's disappointing.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Facebook Aunt posted:

Why bother? Interstellar aliens have surely got automated systems more reliable than any human slave.

We make a lot of assumptions about the universe when we're talking about aliens but honestly we don't know that and I think we do ourselves a disservice by talking ourselves down like that.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
If they can shoot it down it's not from outer space. So it's a dimensional sliders type situation or a secret civilization under the ocean or underground. I wish there was some way to know which it is.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
To travel any significant distance through space a ship has to be impervious to micro-meteors. A micro-meteor travels at about 10km/s and the ship is travelling at whatever % of the speed of light to make the trip happen in a timely manner. Anything we could shoot out of the sky didn't travel here from another planet.

I guess it could be a probe or something that came from the inside of the ship.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Tighclops posted:

Nah, they have deflector shields for FTL flight and getting dinged with a sidewinder missile is the equivalent of the slow blade penetrating the shield

oooh like when you mix cornflour and water together that's so smart of them

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Florida! He was from Florida asking people to meet up with him in Miami or one of those other cities they have there.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I wish I could get excited by this but I just see blurry videos of dots with a voice over saying "You see that dot? We've never seen a dot do that before. We don't even think we could make a dot do that."

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Who says anyone has anything more than videos of inexplicable dots and reports of people seeing "something" in the sky to divulge?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Zefiel posted:

the space Bjôrn twins were a more advanced version of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh9PwFvMS0I

Scientists explore the long term behavioural consequences of tricking a baby gorilla into thinking it killed its friend.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bula Vinaka posted:

that's a fish

Looks like some kind of very large pastry to me.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It's a never ending series of "credible" whistleblowers that you guys keep latching onto. What happened to the short stocky guy with impeccable credentials that was going to blow the whole thing wide open?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's exactly what they said about the last guy. "Maybe it's not aliens, but there's something going on!" And it's never anything. It's like one of those doomsday cults that keeps pushing the date back or re-interpreting the scripture every time the end of the world comes goes without event.

The UFO speaker circuit may not be pay very well in cash but it pays a fortune in attention.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

mediaphage posted:

okay but obviously something would be going on because why else do this? as a…prank?

i don’t get the idea of him doing this for attention. attention for what? why would he give up a future employment in the mic where he’d undoubtedly make more money?

People are driven by many things other than money. Attention in and of itself is an extreme motivator for some people. They will do extreme and (seemingly) illogical things to get it. I say seemingly because one you realise that they're doing it for attention those illogical things suddenly make a lot of sense.

I don't know why he's doing it. Maybe attention on its own or maybe to help sell his book? No idea. All I know it's not going to go anywhere and no truth about any government cover up is going to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

syntaxfunction posted:

Then I'd expect more information and verifiable reveals, not less.

They agree with you. They're just saying that it's actually an order of magnitude more implausible that the US has been able to keep a lid on the secret UFO stuff they found.