Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I wonder how many used/unused assets from FFXV show up in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Truly the best iteration of Cloud

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Wrecking stuff as chibi Cloud would be hilarious

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I'm expecting the combat to share some of the FFXV jank since it's tricky to make an RPG masquerading as an action game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

1st class, indeed.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

What I did learn the hard way though is that if your disc is slightly damaged, the game can simply crash while playing if it fails to read the disc at any point.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Me playing an early copy of Final Fantasy VII:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

The only thing in Hojo's mind is "But will it breed?"

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Sneak Lemming posted:

I wonder if the Turks will still be leaned on for comedy value.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Is any of you want to record yourself let's playing the demo, I would love to watch it. I can't touch my PS4 until Friday and will be dying

Well this thread took a grim turn.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

For FFVII pros, was it ever explained why Cloud is good at fighting despite not being a SOLDIER?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Terper posted:

We read your text fine the first time, but they're not going to let you cast Firaga at the start of the next game, sorry.

Tbh I wouldnt be so sure about that. They could just let you carry your save and if you dont have one, they'll just give you a starter package.

Starting over as lv 1 with Buster Sword and lightning materia every time is makes even less sense.

If they want to remain at least somewhat faithful to the original they can't just redesign all the gameplay systems for every sequel. There has to be some sort of progression between each game.

Note, I'm not saying they can't cap your levels like in FFXIII, which would solve any balance issues.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 4, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The lengths people are going to to pretend that they suddenly have no concept of how videogame sequels work is astounding.

Not sure what you mean but carrying over your items and stuff between rpgs has been done before.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Everytime I see American dates for game releases I get a mini heart attack.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

One thing that bothered me a bit with my short time with the demo is that it seems a bit hard to keep track of the ATB bar.

You sorta forget it exists and it blends into the UI

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gologle posted:

He simultaneously dies fighting an entire army, and also gets shot in the head by like 3 Shinra grunts. Both can be true if you factor in the hallucinogenic effects of Jenova cells.

I like the idea that Zack is so delusional that he thinks he's going down as a goddamn hero

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

One thing I want to learn about is what the deal with Sephiroth is because all I have is my broken memories and the one time I saw advent children when it released.

I've been told he's actually a Nice Guy and you're fighting a imposter most of the game and a alien is controlling him or something to 'no he's just a rear end in a top hat' and I genuinely. Genuinely do not know what his deal is other than he has a big sword and white hair and a really silly ultimate move and is also really really strong in universe.

Like I don't even mind if someone tells me about it now, I'm just lost as to what that guy is. A Zombie? A Alien? A Dude?

The original depicts Sephiroth as a stoic, legendary soldier who had a gut feeling there's something off about him.

Then he finds out he's made from alien DNA and goes mental.

I haven't played FFVII in a decade.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Speaking of that, it's bit of a bummer that there's essentially only 4 playable characters.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Jenova Abortion

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

GoGoGadget posted:

I haven't seen this before, and the upload date was yesterday so it very well may be new. Check out these chibi models you can mod into FF7.

I've been using the cel-shaded looking ones from the same page, but might switch over to these for the field models. Doesn't seem like this is in 7th Heaven 2.0, though, so I have no idea how to do it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/finalfantasy7/mods/4/?tab=description

If there ever was a FFVII remaster doing it in FFVI style chibi models would make a lot of sense.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

precision posted:

HOLY poo poo I JUST NOW REALIZED

Nibelheim = Nephalim

Wouldnt Niflheim make more sense since Midgar is derived Midgard and Midgar Zolom is just Midgardsorm.

I'm sure there are more Norse mythology references

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Once FFVII comes out we'll see if we can go back to the style of FF that doesnt necessarily have to be sprawling open world. Midgar is probably big but I have feeling the areas will be fairly confined like in lets say... God of War (which has been cited as an inspiration I think)

I hope they pull it off because the demo was drat gorgeous

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

DMW45 posted:

Say, I know the game's episodic, but have they said anything about how many episodes they're planning to make out of this?

They dont know. Also episodic is a bit misleading since it's multiple fully priced games.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Schwartzcough posted:

Again, every "episode" is a full-length game. Of course they're going to price them as full-price games. Do you expect to see an entire movie series in the theater from buying one ticket?

That's what they say anyway. We won't know if charging full price for only the first part feels worth it until the game's out.

I have a feeling the actual length/content of the game might divide opinions.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Same but name everyone Cloud and the story becomes a case study in mental health disorders.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Son of Rodney posted:

The only thing I'd like to know is how long the game really is in the end. Midgar is a big part of the first game but 50 hours or whatever is being said sounds a bit far fetched to me.

None of the single player FFs are that long unless you spend it on grinding and doing everything. 25-30 tops is realistic for a FF game.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

JBP posted:

The party composition is always mandatory, but does not always include Cloud. Haven't done any post game yet so I'll see what changes there.

The party members you get are (spoilers here if you don't want to know!!!!!! I'm sure this isn't big news but anyway) Cloud, Barret, Tifa and Aerith. Red 13 joins the party as a guest but he is not controllable.

That kinda sucks considering that's what a lot people didn't like about games like FFIX and XIII

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Can you grind materia levels in VR sim? Just got my first one (the summon one)

Also whats the name of the sick battle theme that plays when you sneak out with Aerith to sector 6

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 7, 2020

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Proteus Jones posted:

Absolutely. But usually people do it after they beat the game. Post game you get 3x materia XP. This is regardless of whether you play on normal or hard. Personally I did my grind in normal mode before tackling another play through on hard.

There's two good places to grind (one VR and one at the start of a chapter). But if you're still early on in your 1st play through I'll refrain. You can PM if you want to know now.

Thanks. Good to know you get increased exp on 2nd playthrough. I'll hold off on grinding for now.

You can send me a pm and I'll save it for later

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Thanks but I found it on SE's official site. It's called High Five (of course) and its my new ear worm.

(If I could find a full rip of it)

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Ah, I thought you meant the one later on. There's plenty of videos on YouTube but they get taken down quickly

https://youtu.be/qPmOOUrdGAs?t=343

Thanks!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I hope there's a good reason why Cloud is seeing flashes of events that haven't happened yet

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Colosseum spoilers

Staggering Hell House just as Fat Chocobo does its final summon move for 5k dmg :discourse:

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Momomo posted:

Yeah, this felt like the game where SE finally "got" how to structure these types of games in a way that feels satisfying, so I don't want them to try and go full open world like with XV. This game is like an amusement park ride, but it's a good one.

It feels very much like God of War, which is not a bad thing.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Wow Leviathan is very unfun fight. Ill do this when Im OP as hell.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Lobok posted:

Is it Tidal Wave? I got through that fight by topping up health in the time it takes for Tidal Wave to be unleashed so I could bear the brunt of it. I brought it up yesterday or the day before but I should have also been using Barrier to help with that. It can also be interrupted.

That and had no idea what I was supposed to do when he starts flying in the air for 5 minutes and I had nothing to hit him with. Even Barret had a melee weapon. Then a summon attack knocked him down but I got owned by Tidal Wave.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I bought the soundtrack and man that’s a lot of songs. I need playlists to split the soundtrack cuz right now it’s weird to get a movie score followed by a dubstep fight song

Untz untz untz move that body

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

If it sounds like FFXIII, it's Hamauzu.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Luckily I am watching Tifa at all times.

Its those abs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Holy poo poo that ending