Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Happy 2020, I didn't see it change over though, I fell asleep before the kids even...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Since I turned 30 (now 38) I've had eye surgery, tonsils removed, gall bladder removed, developed diabetes (not type 1 or 2) and I have intermittent back issues, and I got glasses. I wonder what my 40s will bring...

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

forkboy84 posted:

This is such a depressing post.

I haven't been abroad since I was 16 but at some point when I actually have money I really want to go places. See historical sites and cultural spots, talk to people from different places. I also totally want to laze on a warm quiet beach under some shade with a stack of books to devour. Another experience you can't really get here.

I want to go to Russia, Japan, Italy, Chile, Greece, Spain, I want to go to Flanders in a wet weekend in March to see bike racing. There's a whole world out there of beautiful places and fascinating people. Don't stay in loving Middlesbrough

I really thought it was quite refreshing. To me it's just a big heap of navel gazing bullshit. And yes I've done traveling so I have some experience.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know that going places and doing things really improves you as a person, I don't think the value of a person comes from the things they've stood on, or under, or next to.

It's just another form of consumerism and status bragging to me, painted over with pretty words to pretend to sound deep.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Judge Tesla posted:

Who'd have thought travel chat would be the one thing to rip the thread in half, not wanting to travel outside the country hardly makes you a boring, racist xenophobe but that's pretty much what's being implied here.

That's capitalism for ya.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Katt posted:

Driving around Europe can be fun. Except for Germany because the autobahn is just the same rows of plank walls with tree canopies hour after hour. At least Denmark breaks the monotony with the occasional farm.

I drove through Germany once and I agree, I drove into Denmark by mistake because I missed a turn.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Chuka Umana posted:

I've been posting on and off since the election and I haven't been following the latest happenings in UKMT. Anyone notice a slowdown in the posts in this thread? Is it just the post-election blues or did some drama happen?

Apparently there was some sitewide drama involving QCS and FYAD?

Corbyn is going and suddenly UK politics are not that interesting anymore, with Corbyn I was hoping the UK could have been the start of something new that could spread. But now it's all kinda meh again.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Rarity posted:

Turns out my new laptop is a piece of poo poo that freezes up every time its asked to do more than scroll down. I spent almost 400 quid on this :(

Probably full of bundled crap if new.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Not just that but there's probably something very interesting you can say about the original trilogy vs prequels vs whatever they're doing now as stages of content production under capitalism.

Feel the same about most movies nowadays, haven't been to a cinema since 2013. And last star wars movie I saw was revenge of the sith, I used to really like star wars on account of being a nerd. But ever since I just haven't been able to give a gently caress. Not seen any of the new disney movies yet and I don't really care to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

When has that ever been true lol

Well I guess it depends, do you mean locked when home because we don't lock the door when at home. If we leave we lock the door just in case. I don't think I ever bother locking my car though.