Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Boba Pearl posted:

A trans thread poster should be made mod of FYAD.

Yeah I'm for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lowtax posted:

Okay, I have turned over the reigns and decisions to the people in the mods and admins thread.

Does that include Nichael and Squizzle?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Agreed, it's time that the trans posters have an official voice in probating people for 6 hours at a time.

I thought super mods were basically just admins

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Lowtax posted:

Okay, I have turned over the reigns and decisions to the people in the mods and admins thread.
Probably for the best. Thanks for listening.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Also while we've got admins here can we get some placeholder avs that aren't insanely offensive

also

PetraCore posted:

Probably for the best. Thanks for listening.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Agreed, it's time that the trans posters have an official voice in probating people for 6 hours at a time.

Maybe it could be a handful of posters in different timezones chaining sixers so it effectively becomes a one-week probation or some poo poo

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I thought super mods were basically just admins

No, they're mods who have buttons in every forum.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

PetraCore posted:

The trans thread poster mod of FYAD idea is funny except I'm not sure who would ever volunteer.

Well, there are the handful of transpeople who started posting on FYAD recently saying they felt more comfortable there than elsewhere, but all that'll accomplish is seeing if they're honest or not. And at the end of the day, it's just trying to find that one weird trick to fix FYAD when it's not that simple.

The simplest solutions are also generally going to assume there's single points of failure that can be attacked vigorously. But FYAD's problems are beyond any single poster unless you are targeting every single poster on FYAD. That's simple, from a certain point of view.

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:

cool dance moves posted:

Maybe it could be a handful of posters in different timezones chaining sixers so it effectively becomes a one-week probation or some poo poo

The best way to empower trans posters is by gaming the probation system, definitely.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lowtax posted:

Alright, then we're closing this thread.

Thanks to the people who posted good feedback.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Lowtax posted:

This is probably a good thing, and I appreciate it.

I think you might be one of the only people with admin buttons on right now. There are some buttons that need pushed that should be real quick and easy, if you have a minute now it would be really great if you could push them to get the lovely transphobic avs gone.

I know that you have been furiously reading this forums as much as any of us trying to get a wrap on these things this morning, and I appreciate that, but right now I think you're the guy who has to push the buttons ty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

cool dance moves posted:

You still dont deny that you said that stuff. I think that's the nub of why people are pissed at you about that stuff specifically. It doesnt matter that it was only a small fraction of what you said, and that some ne'er-do-wells cherrypicked it to make you look bad. The fact that you said that stuff--that you felt ok saying that stuff--is the problem. Despite your claims to being an ally, you were ok with making jokes about a marginalized community, just last night. And posters itt and elsewhere have told you that those kinds of jokes are considered offensive. Are you an ally who listens to marginalized voices, or do you think everyone should loosen up and not get their feelings hurt? You cant have it both ways. You hosed yourself the moment those words came out of your mouth.
So I can't make fun of a small group of people who were actively and personally insulting me, because they're trans and that's an attack on the ENTIRE community? I made it absolutely crystal clear, repeatedly, that I was not speaking about all trans people. I do not believe that I shouldn't be able to make fun of a small group of people who are making GBS threads on me on my own forums, just because they are trans. I didn't go on any mass banning spree in that thread. Why am I unable to mock people making GBS threads on me just because they're a small part of a marginalized community? I said nothing bad about the community itself, just that group of people, and I think I should be allowed to voice my opinions on a youtube chat channel about people personally insulting me, regardless of their gender or sexuality or race or whatever. It's not me judging and condemning an entire group of people, and there's absolutely no argument that could convince me I was speaking about the entire trans community, and that makes me transphobic.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)