Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Castro has suspended his campaign. A shame that he sat around for years refusing to take a shot at the Senate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
dunno which of you needs to hear this but leaving your health care up to the whims of whatever policies your company wants to implement is in fact not a good idea

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1212795676641370113?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
is there a round about number of how many dead Iranians, Iraqis and any other group that will assuage some of yalls bruised egos

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
what kind of sign on bonus would it take to get you to drive from Kuwait to Iran through a sea of IEDs

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Iraq is going to become the No Go Zone they keep telling me Minnesota is

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Anything Christian to the right of Presbyterians is batshit insane hth

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Like a majority of this country still wants to nuke Iran from 1979

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

Oh I'm all for subpoenaing everyone and having them testify under oath.

I also just assume a lot of that will be lies and they'll never be prosecuted for false testimony.

I imagine most of them are smart enough to not lie, just a whole shitload of "Not to my recollection, Senator" and "I cannot recall, Senator"

That being said Bolton could walk up and lead them in a sing along of the Animaniacs theme song and nothing would happen to him

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

life finds a way

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

Can anyone give me an actual, legit reason why Iran shouldn't have the bomb? Because the only reason I've been given is "they hate America!" And their rhetoric against Israel- which is a two way street.

Nuclear proliferation in itself is bad. That being said, we regularly rattle the saber by spending hundreds of billions on conventional warfare and no one can afford to match that its the only parity option available.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

brains posted:

also, since KSA will not allow Iran to be the "sole" nuclear power (just ignore Israel, like everyone else in this scenario) in the region, they will acquire weapons of their own, which will of course start in small numbers, which presents the same scenario, just from the other side of the strait.

KSA has nukes, they're just currently sitting in Pakistan

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

lol Soleimani won

lmao the afterlife monster kill

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
a shitshow

https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1214296869322579970?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Memorandii

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The Memorandalorian

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Which is kinda weird since what brought Gaddafi down was an internal civil war and allied airpower. What was he going to do, nuke Benghazi?

that civil war goes nowhere without the West and the US literally doing the heavy lifting

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Why are insurgents attacking military forces on a military base described as terrorists committing a terror attack?

e: Obviously the military press release is doing that, why is the news playing along?

https://twitter.com/EliClifton/status/1214348646159978497?s=20

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flying_Crab posted:

What will it take to get Stephens fired from the NYT. God he loving sucks.

I dunno if any of you guys are following the Hofeller documents stuff (https://www.npr.org/2020/01/05/785672201/deceased-gop-strategists-daughter-makes-files-public-that-republicans-wanted-sea) but this is a document that got pulled out of what was released publicly yesterday:

The archive is littered with hosed up poo poo like that, it's stunning that these are being made public now. It's everything people suspected but couldn't necessarily prove re: voter ID and gerrymandering.

Yeah the entire GOP voter suppression plan is a million little(and some not so little) changes that as a whole aren't awful but when put together do their absolute damndest to make it near impossible for anyone not white or rich to vote.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Brute Squad posted:

good boys. good girls. all still good dogges.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

There was a major problem in Ukraine, where the good-guy Ukranians kept getting killed by near pinpoint artillery strikes from bad-guy "Ukranians" and Russians. It was more or less proven that the bad guys had the ability to locate the good guys based on their smartphone pings off the network.

Considering American troops in the region are probably not operating on completely friendly cell networks, there's your reason why. poo poo could go down and each smartphone is a locator device.

Russia hacked Ukraine's artillery phone app so they basically knew where the fire was coming from

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Was this Ukraine's artillery phone app, or something soldiers were downloading off the internet to calculate fire that got compromised and gave the Russians their GPS coordinates? I thought I had heard the latter.

Supposedly it was developed by a Ukrainian officer and spread semi-officially via forums which is what hosed them

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I wish we were going to have future generations who could marvel over all this but they'll be too busy looking for canned goods that survived the Water Wars

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
WaPo just can't help itself

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1214488071711932422?s=19

Proud Christian Mom fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 7, 2020

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

When did WaPo become NYT?

Sorry, I lose track of which imperialism mouthpiece is which

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Trump's popularity will go to atleast 60% if he uses nukes. We've spent nearly 20 years glorifying any and all military action because We're The Good Guys and you're kidding yourself if it won't be cheered on.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
really going to enjoy the Persia DLC for Gulf War 2.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
hey just another reminder that you should definitely read https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/29/world/middleeast/shah-iran-chase-papers.html and see how the rich put us in this position to protect Chase Bank and the Shah, and then did everything possible to destroy the hostage negotiations to hurt Carter's chance of victory.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Has hannity or anyone around him ever had to sacrifice one whit for their country?

The entire media has made huge fortunes by pushing for war for decades

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

just loving lol if they tested a nuke

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The worst part is my Facebook is filled with Democrats who are furious that we might leave the Middle East surrender it to Putin. Get the gently caress out of this party, please.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

just loving lol if this moron fell for a scam call

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The 2000s we're not kind to Subaru owners thanks to head gasket failures

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its time to unwind the last 50 years of defense/airliner consolidation

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
also, since every conservative I know tells me the economy is booming, surely retailers had a great Christmas?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/business/jcpenney-macys-kohls-department-stores/index.html

tl;dr Middle class retailers got hosed even with Christmas and all the gains are going to discount retailers.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Both Frys in Atlanta just closed a couple days back, and I was guessing it was bad Christmas performance that did them in.

They're actually a completely different beast. They've spent months trying to transform into a consignment shop for manufacturers and literally no one would bite. They stopped buying inventory and well it's really pointless to keep the doors open if you have nothing to sell.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

mlmp08 posted:

If you think that’s bad, wait til you hear about the USS Vincennes. Makes the more recent shootdown seem downright understandable by comparison.

Our ships can't even stop running into literally every at sea now so I dunno

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1215671182923649024?s=19

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Iran should say they refuse to apologize and then give the crew a medal

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Guys please stop hating America and our brave holy warriors, Mike Pence is crying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Woke up this morning and saw a news headline about Jeff Bezos donating money to the Australian wildfire effort in the heroic amount of... $690,000?

loving Metallica was able to part with $750,000. loving disgusting.

some instagram people sold nudes and raised more