Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Crakkerjakk posted:

Deep fried avocado chunks with dark beer and garlic panko breading.
Where does one find this, because it sounds incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Slim Pickens posted:

Saving that one for later, it's even vegan for the friends that don't dig meat

:same:

That looks good as hell.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Far be it from me to stick up for Christians, but this is a pretty longstanding "spirit of the little white baby jesus come into my heart" thing.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Schadenboner posted:

Please tell me they're just doing that stupid "raise both arms" thing that Protestants do. Please tell me that's what they're doing and the photo is just at a weird angle. Please tell me they have both arms up, and not just one, and not just their right ones.

:yikes:

They do. Look at the white sweatshirt guy in the foreground.

This is nothing, and disengenious of Maggie to suggest otherwise.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven.
A good soundtrack for the chaos.
https://youtu.be/PZwQeZh6rP0

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The Pew Research Center is the gold standard on this stuff, and christianity is in decline in the US, and has been for a while: https://www.pewforum.org/2019/10/17/in-u-s-decline-of-christianity-continues-at-rapid-pace/

But I'm pretty sure it's the moderate and even left-leaning mainline churches that are seeing the decline. So the megachurches will continue to be A Thing for a while, sadly. And since they are all in on the GOP, we are all going to have to deal with their poo poo.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Surely a bunch of wannabe operators rallying armed in full battle rattle will raise public sympathy for their cause and not at all frighten anyone who isn't already dug in on the other side.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Oh, didnt realize it was a police rally.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Kesper North posted:

I for one read this thread a lot because you guys are normally a lot more targeted in your news and indeed your analysis than a lot of folks. The signal to noise is a lot lower here, and the focus on geopolitical and national security matters is of both professional and personal interest, and frankly I share the general sense of cynicism: it feels more like merely being more willing to accurately call poo poo poo poo.
:same:

And you all are the only people I've found who are as bitter about the world as I am.

Also, GiP is unique on the internet in doing things like recommending a little time off to cool down when things get heated, and to have posters come back and admit they were assholes sometimes instead of just doubling or tripling down.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

tag yourself I'm the dude who picked the middle of the loving Atlantic
Yeah, it looks like there's a lot of noise from randomly poking a finger at the map to get the question/person to go away.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

NO ABU JAHAAR! THAT WAS THE ROCKET FOR PLANES!
:thurman:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

joat mon posted:

One of the most disingenuous not-technically-a-lie-if-you-squint I've read in a while.
I guess I'm not squinting hard enough. What's the technicality?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

pantslesswithwolves posted:

They’re funded in part by the National Endowment for Democracy, which itself gets a grant from Congress each year for democracy promotion. Bellingcat is not directly funded by the USG.
OK, that's pretty squinty.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

its the military

the dumbest answer is usually the correct one

A reminder:

quote:

NO ABU HAJAAR! THAT WAS THE ROCKET FOR PLANES!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Abongination posted:

The D&D and C-spam hate
From what I can tell, those have both devolved into a disjointed series of Struggle Sessions with the target set on random and the internal dynamics of a flock of starlings.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Of all the places to have this discussion, shouldnt GiP be the one to acknowledge that Joe is going to Joe, even when his name is Ivan or Mohammed?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I assume drones are not much different to get in the air than conventional aircraft (fueling, starting, taxiing to the runway, etc.), so having an "oh poo poo, incoming" button that automatically has them take off and circle wherever they are is not practical?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

When linking to something like the washington post, can you just inline the entire article? Likewise if anyone finds anything on the wall street journal they want posted lemme know.
Paraphrasing here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBWmkwaTQ0k&t=11s

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
So they have listened to so much infowars that their brains are broken and they are going to do their own false flag to create chaos? I'm very confused.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

For a group of idiots who fancy themselves as this stellar insurgent force, they sure do equip themselves like they're apart of a regular army division with all the logistics and support to go with it.
It's way more fun to cosplay infantry than an insurgent farmer. You hardly get to buy any stuff for the insurgent costume.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Furrys...good. 2020 continues to deliver.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, I'm guessing there's way less than 100 actual types of meat for sale there.

Yeah, depending on how pedantic you want to be about species. The asian market in my rust belt city probably has 30 kinds of fish/seafood available all the time.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jan 23, 2020

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

orange juche posted:

Please tell me there's nothing wrong with Letterkenny

Get this guy a Puppers.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
No, quid pro quo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72