Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Meshka posted:

Why? Suleimani is responsible for a lot of American deaths. Good kill.

Because when you do poo poo like this to a state actor, you make sure they get polonium poisoning, or somehow suffocate themselves inside of their own luggage. When you do overt poo poo things get worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't see the impass, just pay the US $0 and they'll leave, right?

Are the bases in Iraq self contained? Sewage/water/power/etc. So the Iraqi government can't just be like "Fine you wanna stay, live in your own poo poo without water."

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Old Boot posted:

but showcasing it as just some epic bungle is disingenuous.

Anyone who was paying attention since *checks notes*...forever... would have seen that entire mess as a giant rake and would have probably walked around instead of putting on a blind fold and doing the electric slide in the rakes general direction.

Trump was never gonna fork over fifty cents for that blood test even if it was "YEP WARREN IS 90% [insert tribe here]", It wasn't gonna score her points with literally anyone who wouldn't have already voted for her, and it wasn't gonna make Trump look worse to anyone who was already pulling the handle for R candidates. It's not dude driving a tank bad, but that combined with her talking about how automation isn't to blame for the loss of jerbs, but bad trade deals* puts her firmly in that second place for realistic candidates and third place for fantasy land candidates.

*As I sit here collecting a pay check writing code for a company that literally makes a bunch of telecom techs redundant, in a building which contains various other companies that also write code that specifically makes a percentage of people redundant in various fields.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Smiling Jack posted:

In other news, somebody has hacked Burisma, the Ukrainian company at the center of the Hunter Biden "scandal".

I'm sure our Russian friends will not use this for obfuscation and spreading disinformation.

Please, no, dont spike Bidens tires. Amything but that!

If we get into a race between Donald and Biden we deserve what we get regardless of the winner.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ded posted:

Guys. Iran got him. They got the guy.

Welp, there goes the "Handled a shoot down better than most countries" award.

They really could have stopped at mea culpa, threw money at the next of kin, and that'd probably have been it.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Yes, as bad as what the US has done is, you ain't got poo poo on Russia

This.

You can still be mad at more than one thing. American Foreign Policy did, does, and will probably do some really bad poo poo, but you can still be pissed that Russia had a hand in getting the Orange man in power no matter how little(the answer isn't 0) or how much (the answer is not 100).

maffew buildings posted:

I'll believe it once Warren presents a way to means test whether people need to know this information and deny access to it for people who could use it

:master:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

If Bernie wins the primary, Bloomberg or some other billionaire will go in as a third party candidate. It's basically a dead man switch. The best thing Bernie can do now is present himself as such a far-left candidate that if Warren wins the primary she'll seem palatable enough that the third-party runs won't get done. Steyer's polling double-digits...how?

Or.... OR and hear me out.

If Bernie wins the nomination as he currently is, and a third party millionaire enters and actually spoils the race and allows Trump to win. The American electorate and the world deserves what ever the hell happens next.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I dunno maybe Rogan's endorsement will sway some borderline alt-right morons toward bernie? If nothing else, the dude has a loving gigantic audience.

Theres a lot of lovely people in the martial arts world that take Rogan and Jocko as loving gospel. As much as I dislike both of them I have no doubt that Rogan endorsing Bern man will give him a non zero amount of votes from the fash adjacent

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

That Works posted:

ngl I found the original UFC of like 150lb Gracie vs like 220 lb Samoans and poo poo a hell of a lot more fun to watch.

MMA was better before people realized, you really did have to have a mix of wrestling, submission grappling, and kickboxing instead of relying on one style.

edit: As a current wrestlemans and former "get punched/kicked in the head for the entertainment of others" guy, professional fighting is boring.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jan 26, 2020

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I think bloomberg entering as third party in general may do some poo poo, but as primary candidate can only sink Biden and possibly kill the last gasp campaigns of buttman et al.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Abongination posted:

Heels on ground, comrade found. Heels in sky, Western spy.

Came in here to post squats on toes break your bones.