Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone know if today's Cyberpunk stream will be available somewhere other than Twitch? While I can access the site at work, I just get "Network error" when the video player actually tries to do anything :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Perfect, thanks. I looked at CDPR's YouTube channel and it didn't look like they're very active there.

Sure hope this game doesn't end up sucking but I feel like it can't possibly live up to the hype at this point.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I picked up Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun on a whim last weekend and holy drat I'm having so much fun with it. Has anyone here played Desperados 3 yet? How does it compare?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I was looking at what else the devs did and that's how I found it :)

I just wasn't sure how much "more of the same" it is, or if the Cowboy themes made it significantly different.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

The Ezio trilogy is fantastic, and all this talk about AC is making me want to give Odyssey a try because I keep hearing fantastic things about it, but I recently tried to get back into Syndicate (was free on Epic) and just bounced off after a couple hours. :<

As previously mentioned, I picked up Blades of the Shogun, as well as AC Odyssey and Grim Dawn off the Steam Sale and I gotta say I have been the least tempted to play Odyssey out of the 3.

I'm just so tired of Open World games :shrug: At least I can just get on my horse and press a button to have it automatically take me to my destination.

Game doesn't seem bad, but I've played so much Far Cry, The Witcher, Fallout etc. the last few years that I'm just starting to find the core concept of "Waste your time running around this giant loving map" to be extremely tedious. I also failed to get into Horizon Zero Dawn and Breath of the Wild too for similar reasons (but also I just don't actually enjoy gaming on consoles I think).

I'm just starting to feel like if you've played one moderately well polished open world Action / Adventure game you've pretty much played them all.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Just chiming in, I beat Shadow Tactics last week and moved right on to Desperados 3 and yea, these games are a real pleasure.

I have 27 hours logged on ST, according to Steam.

A lot of the missions have challenges to do any given level in under like 15 minutes but they all took me over an hour pretty much. So if you're a completionist I think there's a lot of value in trying to really master every level.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Watch Dogs 2 is :10bux: I have the first one but I don't think I put more than like 30 minutes into it, honestly.

The cover system felt much less fluid than Deus Ex HR/MD and so I very quickly gave up on it, probably during one of my depressive episodes where I couldn't be bothered to actually learn a new game :thunk:

Either way, is 2 any better? I'm probably going to just be playing Desperados for the next week or two, but I don't know what I'll play after that.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh, sweet. I saw that post yesterday and already forgot :downs:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Veotax posted:

Remember the announcement that they're remastering Kingdoms of Amalur?

They just announced that they're also releasing an expansion for it in 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpkFM5TuL58

Weird.

Did they get the state of Rhode Island to fund the remaster? Maybe it'll turn out better this time.

I know I bought that game but I don't remember it at all. Didn't hate it, but it was largely forgettable - for me, at least

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

THQ bought the rights from the State of Rhode Island & Providence Plantations last year, so I can no longer recommend the game because I will not be seeing any more residuals.

Any idea what they bought it for? Quick Google search and I can't find it, but most websites are blocked at work.

I had no love for the game, but as a former Rhode Islander I was bummed that it bombed. I had a lot of friends interning / applying for jobs at 38 Studios when I was in college.

Definite a stupid loving investment from the state though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

It was a few pages ago, but;

That's my categorization method :)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hopefully whoever came up with the idea that NPCs should be able to shoot you out of the air, kidnap you, and subject you to dumb ball-tripping story missions in 5 was themselves shot out of the air and kidnapped

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Desperados 3 - Act 3 I just did the mission where you have to stop the train and OH BOY did I use whats-her-face to Lure so many men onto the train tracks so they'd get run over. 10/10 game

I've been so into any kind of tactical game this year - Fell Seal, Gears Tactics, Shadow Tactics and now this. I need more.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I assume you’ve already played through the three commandos games from the late 90s/early 2000s?

Never heard of 'em!

Walh Hara posted:

Iron Danger perhaps? It's pretty neat and unique.

Obviously Divinity Original Sin 2 as well if you somehow did not yet play that.

Never heard of Iron Danger, but it looks cool.

I tried to get into DOS/DOS2 but I just couldn't. I feel like I should love the series, but there's just so much time spent walking around and other slow moments. I don't care for story in games and just want a tight, focused experience - so Shadow Tactics/Desperados being "quick tiny cutscene and then jump right in" is exactly what my ADHD brain needs. So while DOS has decent tactical fights, there's just too much slow Role Playing aspect that kills me

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mordja posted:

Probably gonna do a PC rebuild around when the 30XX cards are out, my current setup's served me well for close to five years but I have a feeling it'll begin struggling with Xbox Sex and PS5 era games. I'm also running on an i5 CPU so that's also in need of an upgrade . Might splurge for an '80ti this time around.

My 970 has been doing OK long enough, but yea I'm definitely going to get a 3070 or maybe 3080. Assuming, y'know, they ever loving announce it :argh: Cyberpunk supposedly comes out in 4 months, where the hell is my new GPU for it.

My Skylake i5 seems to be doing just fine though :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The 10, 16, and 20 GeForce cards all came out at different times of the year, so really it's anyone's guess.

Earlier this year I heard Fall time but that's all just rumor

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ragequit posted:

This might be your jam when it releases?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pd-IGei4XQ

This game looks pretty sweet, but man I just have no patience for PvP games nowadays :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anno posted:

DQ11 coming to PC (and console) Gamepass on December 4th. Pretty good get.

Seems worthwhile to check out on Gamepass, but I bought this a few months ago and while I was enjoying it at first the combat very quickly got stale IMO. Don't get new or interesting abilities quickly enough and I felt like combat was always just, "Hit with Sword"

I did get the second party member but didn't play too much past that. How many more hours for it to become more interesting to play?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Looking forward yo trying Othercide tonight. Anyone here already give it a go?

I haven't, but I'm looking forward to reading people's thoughts.

I was very interested in it until I learned it had Roguelike mechanics in it. Really not a fan of the concept :/ Slay the Spire is probably the most time I've sunk into one, and even that was only like 20 hours before I got bored of it.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Anyone know off hand whether Horizon Zero Dawn has a system like AssCreed: O's "auto navigate to quest destination" feature while mounted? I played it on PS4 a long time ago but I can't remember.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Also just game sizes themselves ballooning up to match increased disk sizes, and in theory internet speeds should get faster to make it easier to cram 300GB games onto your drive too.

So I've seen mixed reviews about the HZD port, what's the word from actual real people with average computers not trying to play it @ 4K?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh, right, unlock times. My buddy texted me saying he took the day off from work to play and then hasn't responded so I figured he was busy killing robo-dinos :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

And hopefully it'll be on sale for the Winter Sale too :v:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cactus posted:

I'm on an Intel Core i7-8700K 3.70GHz, a GTX 970 and 16GB RAM looking to play at 2560x1440 so it's looking like I'm going to have to wait for this one. I'd be curious to hear from anyone with similar specs that takes the plunge how well it does though.

:same: Although my i5 is older but I have 32GB of RAM. But yea 970 + 1440p is probably more important than either of those details.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

That's disappointing. I guess I'll probably pick it up in the distant future when I get a 3070/80 if I'm feeling extra dumb, and am also bored of Cyberpunk.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I read on Reddit that the first time you run it it uses way more RAM, I think something related to that 10 minute first boot up "benchmark / optimizing" tool doesn't get cleared out or something.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

In AssCreed:Odyssey, are the Cultists "laid out" in order by level or anything like that? I'm maybe somewhere around level 25-29, I've done most of the 2 top-left branches but the last guy in that branch is like fuckin' level 45 or something.

I just want to grind them to get my Level 5 Spear so I can max out my poison skills :( Should I just plug on through the story?

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 9, 2020

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

explosivo posted:

I'm doing the same thing for the same reason. So many upgrades that I can't max out :ohdear: I'm not actually too sure how the levels work but I've been having some success just working on a different cultist if I have one that's too high level then coming back later. It took me a while to realize that it's giving you hints how to "discover" them.

Yea I kind of move around once I realized "Oh I cannot complete this branch now" but I'm having a hard time finding clues.

https://www.powerpyx.com/assassins-creed-odyssey-all-cultist-locations/ This website seems have a pretty good guide, but the images are loving tiny.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

I wouldn't read this guide since from what I know and have played, it'll likely ruin a few story surprises. Just relax and find them as you go: some are tied to the main quest, some are random/found through clues scattered around in camps, some are at sea (look for unique sail designs), etc...

Once you hit level 50 you can take on literally anyone (at least on Hard)....except for another thing that's mostly unrelated and I'm not going to ruin.

Fortunately IDGAF about story :v: I don't even know what the story is, (spoilers I guess??) My brother leads a cult so therefore I guess I need to go find my mom? OK, I don't care, just let me stabbity stab dudes

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm a big fan of the Siralim games. Dragon Warrior Monster / Pokemon style "Build a Party" where every single monster has a unique passive trait that really mixes up how your party compliments each other. Virtually no real story to speak of, so just get the latest on ( Siralim 3). Siralim Ultimate, which makes some huge improvements to the game, is due out later this year / early next.

They're great for just picking up, grind a few levels, put it back down. The series is also available on multiple platforms and you can share saves across PC and Mobile, so it's fun to play quickly on the go, too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

zedprime posted:

Playing games 1-2 hours at a time is a life style choice, not a game choice. Set alarms

This is really good advice actually. I've been setting a timer while playing AC:O lately and it's really helped stop me from going, "Oh, poo poo, now I have no time do X thing"

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dackel posted:

Literally playing Ultimate right now (it's early alpha though). Beta will probably be Sept and early access on steam nov? Release is sometime 2021.

Siralim games are also a fair bit cheaper on mobile (because the competition is tougher price wise), if you aren't opposed to it

:hfive: Siralim Ultimate Kickstarter buddy. What spec(s) are you playing?

I started Tribalist but I can't find any dudes of the same class, so I started a....something...different last night, honestly can't remember which. I'm trying out Defiler now, it's pretty cool.

I suspect the poop sockers will only really go for the hyper aggro specs that just let you murder everything like Hell Knight that gets Crit bonuses or whatever, as opposed to that one that buffs your dudes the longer a fight goes on but it's all still cool to me

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Morter posted:

As someone who liked all three games but never got far in the 3rd one, should I keep going on that or should I jump onto Ultimate?

I'd say jump on the Ultimate wagon if you can. There are 15 specs in the game now (and like 10 more from Kickstarter Stretch Goals?) with very flavorful perks. Also you can Fuse monsters together, resulting in a creature that has both parents' Traits, which really opens your party composition up to some insane combinations. Also the UI has been really modernized with colored text and images/icons for many things.

3 was definitely "More the same but better" and while that's true of Ultimate, just how much polish and love has been put into this is vastly greater than the improvements from 1 to 2, or 2 to 3.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Fargin Icehole posted:

It's a shame how they just completely abandoned it without any explanation.

Fortnite happened. That's it :shrug:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Far Cry 2 and on, and, uh...

Hmm.

And in far cry it’s the fire spreading that’s doing most of the heavy lifting anyway.

Oh man, I remember being blown away by the fire propagation in that game back in the day.

I thought COD:WAW had a fun flame thrower, but it was nowhere near as cool as FC2

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

3 is good but Ultimate feels so so much better. $32 is pretty steep but there seems to be plenty of content so far. I've probably put in about 15 hours spread across 5 different Specializations so far and am having fun each time I re-roll.

I definitely wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to spend that much on the game and go with #3 instead, but if you're not overly concerned with spending the extra $15 I think SU is well worth it, if you don't want to wait for the official launch. I assume the Beta won't be any cheaper?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

perc2 posted:

Might be worth waiting for this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289810/Siralim_Ultimate/

I played the first one but binned it because it was just too weird and idiosyncratic but the concept has still always intrigued me, I'm hoping this version is refined enough from previous releases to be a pretty wortwhile game...

I mean Ultimate still boils down to the same, "Turn on Turbo mode and hold down the Confirm button" it's just that the new Creature Fusing system is way more interesting, character Specializations are much more "flavourful" and they removed boring "+Attack%" Perks and overhauled how casting spells works.

But it's still the same core Assign Macros / Set Default Actions and blow up the screen, just now with a better and more colorful UI

I wouldn't call it an "RPG Maker game" because the amount of triggers firing all the time from all sorts of actions is quite impressive, but if you're expecting some super reactionary combat you're probably going to be disappointed?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

deep dish peat moss posted:

Has anyone bought the Siralim Ultimate tier with Alpha Access from the developer's website and actually got a key?

I bought it a couple days ago when I saw it being discussed in here but never got sent a key :(

I did the kick starter, not the website, and got my key. They dev is active on Reddit, /r/Siralim. And also on discord but I don't know what the server info is. Also seems pretty responsive on the official forum too.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, I'm just happy to hear it's not any of the people who got kicked out of Ubisoft for being horrible.

Personally, I thought Space Marine had a good design that fit the 40K setting very well. It could've easily been a sister title to the Dawn of War series. The gameplay was fairly uninspired, though.

I thought SM was great, especially for the standards of the time. But if they made a second one, I'd love to see something like Doom Eternal but with a 40K veneer.

So anyone here playing HZD with a 970 or like a 1060 or anything? How's it working? Particularly at 1440p? I'm still seeing such varied reports on reddit. Some people zero problems, others virtually unplayable :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

970 here. I can just about manage 30 fps on 1080, 60 is an impossible dream. I do only have 16 gigs of ram though, that may be a contributing factor.

srulz posted:

970 here. Having absolutely 0 issues running 1080p at usually 60 fps, with Ultra settings pretty much. My PC does have 32 GB Ram however, unlike above poster.

Sweet. I've got 32GB as well, although I suspect playing at 1440 I'll have to drop settings heavily.

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh, it was by no means a bad game, I just meant to say that it was a very by-the-numbers third person shooter that doesn't really do anything special. If not for the license, there wouldn't be much of anything about the game that stands out, which was (understandably, I think) a rather common review complaint at the time. The jetpack sections with the giant hammer were cool, though. Made you feel like a drat meteor when you slammed down on things.

Ah, yea that's fair - if it were some random original IP it would be pretty whatever.