Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hello steam thread, can you recommend me a game with the best anime titties?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

GrandmaParty posted:

Any last minute indie recs before the sale ends?

Arma 3

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Hell the hell do you have access to your keyboard when you need 20 inches of clear space in either direction to fully turn around?

E: Like my keyboard is 17 inches itself, a 40 inch clearance for the mouse so I can 360 in both directions and I'm gonna have to weld on some extra desk space for my 54 inch desk.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Irritated Goat posted:

Is there any way to play MH World without dropping for the full game? I'm interested but don't even know if I like it.

You buy a PS4 and try the demo on there :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
How soon we forget Game Dev Tycoon

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Look Sir Droids posted:

Resident Evil is anime. Of course it's campy and also expects you to take it seriously.

Does it become more or less anime/camp from OG RE1 voice acting to current era RE voice acting?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just port every console game so I can finally stop bothering with consoles all together.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Terminally Bored posted:

Can't be done, Atlus hates PC

They also don't like porting games to computers!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its too bad that Valve is still persecuting non VR users by making Alyx VR only.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When talking about backwards comparability do they mean letting you continue using your digital purchases (which they should do) or physical copies?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
In This War of Mine I went to scavenge at a house that had a man and a woman in it. While sneaking around the lady caught me and she rushed off to get the man, who came down and stabbed my guy. I ran off empty handed with a seriously wounded survivor. While he was resting I had another survivor scavenge elsewhere and we found a broken gun buried in the ground and fixed it up. The original survivor healed up and I sent him back and walked right up to the front door, the lady saw and got the guy again. When the guy showed back up shouting "I THOUGHT I TAUGHT YOU A LESSON LAST TIME" I shot him. The lady runs to his body and starts crying as my survivor wordlessly walks past her and proceeds to take anything of worth.

Then upon coming home

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Important thing to know in Pirates!:

If you make enough gold so that it will split 1k between every crew member they will no longer get low morale and demand you split the hoard.

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jan 25, 2020

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Have you tried going through your local drive thru forgive and forget?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
160 bucks for something you can make with 2 throw pillows and a plank of wood.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man I heard game awards were a joke but I didn't realize things were this dire.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

How many teef?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its nice to see this argument resurface after the Mount and Blade thread had a freak out that they made the AI more intelligent then "run forward and attack" and make them actually block and do footwork and feint. Which was optional.

My only assumption is that these people simply didn't exist during a time where difficulty was an option you could freely select, I know that isn't standard in games these days.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, but dead rising is fun to play, it can’t be a soulslike.

:fry:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Gamers are just insecure that literal babbies can beat a game they like

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I have the 'hentai' tag blocked, which apparently this game doesn't have somehow. I've left 'adult only' on in case something comes up to my taste but that's never going to happen, it's all gross weeb trash.

I never blocked 'anime' or 'sexual content' either because of games like the Atelier series which people keep trolling by tagging it as 'sexual content', and Steam still hasn't removed those tags months after I flagged them. It's infuriating.

If the ESRB is any indication, a woman's bare midriff is sexual content and partial nudity.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
There are 2 speeds in Doom: Rip and Tear

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Maybe Randy Pitchford will show us his magic tricks by making his audience disappear.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
One of these days I'll get a 3d printer so I can save thousands a year making my own video game memorabilia and anime girl figurines

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Don't forget some of the dialogue options are things like "I'm gonna knock you down a score on your quarterly report" or "I want to speak with your manager", cause the corporations rule everything .Everything. All corporation all the time. Hey bud, someone must be wanting to get their picture on the employee of the month wall! Cause corporations!

The fact it got all the goonhype on release just shows that even goons submit to the same "it panders to ME!" mentality that they pretend they're above when mocking mainstream consumers

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

If you want open worlds, No Man's Sky has literally more than you can ever see in your life.

What if you got thalassophobia but its space?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The bourgeoisie wins again

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll wait for someone to eventually hack it together then play it instead

I'll enjoy it on my kickin rad headset for you in the meantime

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Headcrabs showed up so I grabbed a bucket and proceeded to hold it up and shoot from behind it and blocked the headcrabs whenever they made an attempt for my head. Alyx owns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
All hail the VR headset, may its frames be high and its tempurature low c'thulu f'tangha aie aie aie aie aie

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My first VR lizard brain experience was the tutorial when you first use the Quest and it spawns a table around you. I subconsciously tried leaning on it cause it was right there god dammit

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Opened a shutter in Alyx and a zombie stood up on the other side. I slammed the gate shut then got on my stomach and used one hand to partially open the shutter, reached my gun under and into the other room and shot that loving zombie in the god drat face. VR owns.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Roluth posted:

The VR paradox. A lot of people are interested in the hardware and the games on it, but still don't think it is worth it to actually get what they need to play it.

You mean like how people were saying "I don't want to get into VR cause there isn't more triple A companies putting effort into it" then getting really mad when one made the effort and made their next game VR only?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So what I'm getting is that a collective of people from times gone by are mad that something they have once liked has changed and couldn't just be the same way it was back in the good ol' days?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kly posted:

VR is a gimmick that will completely die out in 5 to 10 years as consumers are less and less able to afford basic necessities.

Alyx will be the only triple A vr game the early adopters will have while they slowly succumb to organ failure

OK doomer

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Serephina posted:

8:30 into a video game review: "Speaking of Playing, let's talk about that". He's spent the entire time up until then gushing about how pretty it looks/sounds. Grumble grumble grumble.

Well yeah how else are they supposed to get in ad revenue and perhaps make a current day meme reference to entice subscribers?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

Also punching dudes right in the rear end as a finisher

Please don't tell us about your escapades behind closed doors.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Batman's parents would still be alive if they both open carried.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ZearothK posted:

I bet Valve could hire Morgan Freeman to voice Gordon Freeman if push comes to shove.

[fake edit] Honestly the best way to have Gordon talk to people would be through sign language.

Sign language, as made possible by advancements made in VR to mimic the player's finger movements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I've played through Alyx using a Quest. All you miss out on is being able to flip off people.