Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

play Baba is you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Ryuga Death posted:

Will I be able to run Disco Elysium fine at 1440p with my specs? Feeling like my machine is starting to show its age.

i7 7700k
gtx 1070

do you have more than 64 gigs of ram? If not, you should probably up it to 256 to be safe.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh hey a rare achievement with a golden border that's-

oh

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Gromit posted:

This is another fun-looking game my friends and I would love, but doesn't support 6 players so we will never buy it :(

If more than four in my friend group buy a game, we just use that as an opportunity to play more often with a full group because everyone is busy one way or another, so getting together a full group is always tricky. I might be slightly envious of you and your friends amount of free time.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

How is FFXV with M+KB? I'm kinda pissed off about putting the map key on the right analog click because what the hell, and none of the other gamepad configs are doing it for me. I can change it in the steam settings, but that'll just gently caress with prompts and whatnot.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Huh, 8.4% is higher than expected to be honest.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Karma Tornado posted:

Ghost Recon Breakpoint has a truly mystifying bug where the buttons on the right hand side of a Bluetooth connected controller will sometimes stop registering at all until you press a face button on the left hand side of the controller, and sometimes the buttons on the right will suddenly begin acting as buttons on the left. I've never seen such a thing, it is a wonder

Are you by any chance keeping steam open while playing it? That's hosed with me before when playing games from other launchers.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Weight of the World started playing on the car radio after the first serious story beat in FFXV and that's serendipity babyyy

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

NikkolasKing posted:

What is "pop-in"?

It's most recognizable when turning or approaching an object and the object sort of phases from a low-poly version to a high-poly version. Think of a typical in-game tree turning from a less intensive 2D model to a 3D model.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Oh yeah, this too. I guess you can differentiate between stuff like texture pop-in, LOD pop-in and just straight up objects popping into view.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Ugh, I'm not happy about, really, it's not good, but I thought to myself "it's christmas, why not owe myself a gamble". I remembered how much fun I'd had with my friends playing Borderlands when we were younger, and I decided to see if Borderlands 3 had any redeeming qualities at all. "A more refined version of whatever I liked about the game back in the day" I thought to myself, "is all I ask for."

And with such low expectations I was honestly devastated to find that the loving game is actually fun. I'm enjoying myself immensely, and while I want to chuck most of the characters through an airlock, some of the incidental jokes and lines are occasionally a little funny. Despite everything that's objectively bad about the game, the very basic core concept of pouring bullets and explosives from a thousand different guns at enemies just feels smooth and solid.

Really just miserable to be wrong. God drat it. Anyone who knows me knows that i stan for broken games (GR: Breakpoint, Just Cause 3/4, Mad Max and so on), but it comes from a place that appreciates pure, unthinking fun more than anything else. If you've wondered whether or not BL3 is a total disaster as some say or if it has a few redeeming qualities, well, you might actually want to give it a chance with a finger on the refund button.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

It did take a bit, and I actually considered trying for a refund at one point, but then, suddenly, I reached a point where the guns felt like they were actually powerful and deadly, and after that I was in it. The blood fog had me. From what I recall, I had to get past the introductory mission on the city planet (the second one?) and then a bit, and then the moment came.

Compared to something like Breakpoint, where a headshot is a headshot and your potential for violence is high from the start, it's a bit slower.

Also, it definitely helps when you've got better grenades and a few procs in your loadout. The game is most fun when you're just a whirlwind of violence, not really paying attention to what you're shooting at as long as you're shooting.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

appropriatemetaphor posted:

I've got it where I dunno, like an inch or so moves my cursor across the screen?

I just had a brain hemorrhage

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I know we live in a society where you're not supposed to shame people and so on and so forth, but one inch? Unacceptable.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Kanfy posted:

I don't see the problem, you use inches so it's not like you have to worry about living in an actual society. :smugdog:

Oh big motherfucker thinks they owned me but little do you know that we use metric in my country but my brain has been so cheesholed by the internet that I've forgotten my roots and instinctually go for Idiot Metric.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Have you checked allowed downloads as a universal setting?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

That's really weird. I've had allow as a universal setting for years, and I've never had issues. Can't quite imagine what might be causing it though.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

K8.0 posted:

Can't believe that there are still developers who think selling game music is a good idea. They should be looking at soundtracks as a way to generate interest and sell the product, not trying to monetize the 5 people who are stupid enough to grossly overpay for some mediocre music.

boy howdy you've figured it out huh

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

There's a shitload of really incredible music made for videogames and putting the OST up for sale, whether or not it's a credit to the composers or artists, is perfectly reasonable. I sure as hell know that if I put professional work and experience into making music and someone said "you should just release that for free, as advertising", I'd think that was hogwash.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

Don't worry the fourth character is the friends and experiences that you can make now that you are no longer playing slay the spire. Don't bother confirming this, just go ahead and trap your friends in a cellar and force them to play Slay the Spire so you can also keep playing Slay the Spire until the earth rusts over

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm one of the three people who bought Lawbreakers and I thought it was really fun. :smith:

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm fine with the delay. I'm excited, yes, but CDPR is a stable enough entity that I doubt there's anything to worry about.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

As an aside I'd never heard of this movie and I just looked it up and :stare:

hey motherfucker go watch Mandie. ok?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

HZD owns fukken bones. Graphics, story, worldbuilding, combat. Open world is not much to speak about, but everything else is lovely.

gently caress TED FARO

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 17, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

I'm very happy with my 1080 and I think it still holds up, even if it can't give you 60 on ultra on new and unoptimized games. Mine is a couple of years old by this point, sounds like a reasonable price.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

You know, I said the open world wasn't much in my initial post about how good HZD was, but when I think about it, some of my favorite moments in the game wouldn't be possible with a linear world.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

If you turn off dialogue and music Borderlands 3 is good for podcasts, if you get it for cheap. Don't worry about the story, just click characters when it prompts you to.

Honestly, I've had enough fun with it (and I'm still playing) to get it for more than cheap, but then you'd be giving more money to Gearbox.

BL3 is a land of contrasts.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

John Murdoch posted:

smh @ anyone who thinks stuff like Car Mechanic Sim and House Flipper are on the same level as Warehouse Logistics Simulator or whatever other super low budget German simulators.

Yeah, the Thief Sim people are good rear end sim makers. They produce a lot, and there's jank in every seam, but they make some excellent games.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

really if you don't have backlogs that make up for any possible delays you're not playing steam right

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Anyone know what this is? All I know is that I want to punt the main character into a loving furnace because everything about him is abominable. The hat, the style and worst of all the loving poo poo rear end pixelated dreamworks smirk rear end expression. Disgusting. I'm angry now. I hate this game. Is it any good?

edit: this motherfucker calls himself a rational centrist and pretends to be a pragmatic liberal but in his dark heart he's just some MRA weirdo
edit2: best dressed failure in the comics shop motherfucker
edit3: showed up to class photo dressed like this dipshit
edit4: "why the snyder cut should be shown in all classrooms" (4 hours 45 minutes)

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jan 23, 2020

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

this is art, but the kind of art that makes people burn down galleries

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

speaking of which

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Is Halo Reach still hosed?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Just a bought a switch, and while I know this is the steam thread, I also know Darkest Dungeons and how to deal with the DLC has been discussed extensively here. I thought I'd finally get the game, and if I pick up ancestral edition I save less than a buck, but it's an easy and quick bundle. However, I seem to remember people saying it's a bad idea to start the game with the DLC, and that it's better to get them when you've had some playtime. Is that, like, a rule, or will it just make things a bit trickier?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

god what the gently caress how did you get a switch, I can't find any anywhere

Ordered a special animal crossing edition online and like half a day after I ordered it the online stock was out, the price was raised and the store's physical locations had a limited supply.

So: luck!

quote:

also to answer your question you want to turn off crimson court, at least when you're starting, since dealing with the disease is really loving irritating. You can turn it on when you feel comfortable with the game.

Cardiovorax posted:

Yeah, what Grapplejack says. Crimson Court has a spreading vampirism mechanic that will infect your characters and also slowly replace more and more enemies in the regular dungeons with Crimson Court enemies, which are infectious and also kind of annoying to fight. There's only one way to counteract that and it requires a specific item that isn't always easy to get. It's best to turn on Crimson Court only after you are at least a little bit established. It's still perfectly doable, of course, but it can be frustrating to deal with.

Color of Madness is entirely self-contained, though, you can just start with that active and leave it there.

So I can pretty much activate and deactivate DLC ingame? That certainly makes it easier to deal with.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Sea of Thieves is incredibly fun with friends (and some of my friends have had fun with strangers too). Heavy rec for when it comes to steam.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Hwurmp posted:

no homeo

path-etic!

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

So what HUD options should I definitely keep on in Far Cry New Dawn? Saw someone mention some pages back that the game doesn't have good enough feedback to let you disable the whole HUD, but I'd love to disable as much as I can.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

halo is fukken good christ whatever

anyway there's only one thing that really matters in fc nû dawn

timber is GOOD and my FRIEND

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

if driving a warthog doesn't fill you with serene joy you should go jump into the Hague