Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

GalacticAcid posted:

How about something like this?

No thanks

E: i do like the speech bubbles though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

kingcobweb posted:

ok i've been thinking about the suggested THEY LIVE sunglasses button. here's what it should do
  • don't replace all text on the page or anything that's lame because then you can't read any posts

Maybe it can enact a select list of word filters instead

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Maxwells Demon posted:

Please do not change the CSS for CSPAM. Let's not go the way of YOSPOS and become a weird, insular community.

Counterargument: Leave the default stylesheet as-is for cspam, but add a bunch of really cool and awesome stylesheets for people who want to browse in style~*

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
LF's style sheet was ugly BUT it directly led to me making a long-time RL friend because he recognized the stylesheet at a glance

I was working my first week at a new job directly after graduating, and one day one of my coworkers goes "hey so not that I make a habit of looking at your monitor but I was passing by and, are you reading LF"

I was like "yeah lmao" and we bonded over our lovely boss, then we started hanging out and became good friends

in conclusion stylesheet decisions are a land of contrasts~*

Son of Thunderbeast has issued a correction as of 06:09 on Jan 16, 2020

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

If we somehow end up with a CSPAM specific septic-tank type subforum for bad threads, this should 100% be the stylesheet

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Loving the changes so far, just noticed the bluecheck for thread OPs and the quote text change

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BOGO LOAD posted:

The header :syoon:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
A thing where every time someone quotes an image and has the words "cspam" and "background" in the post in any order, it changes the cspam bg to that

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:holymoley:

yes PLEASE

edit: lmao it's already in, thank you this owns

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Inceltown posted:

Report could become "snitch" but maybe that's more suited to cspam

gently caress yeah

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I like the guillotines, they should linger on the banned image a bit longer, like maybe 2-4 seconds or so

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Perfect :discourse:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Xkdc Larper posted:

Not that I am going to do anything to help out, but I think the idea of a new york times stylesheet is boring and sucks rear end. It should look crazy and use :has pseudoclasses to make posts containing BERNIE fly around the screen and. Avatars should be saying the posts. Mods posts should be turned into 1px text in a collapsed box that you have to click a button to display. All of the branding and styling should be directly copied from AboveTopSecret

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
also OPs should still bear the blue checkmark of shame

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
+1 for night crew/day crew being the main choices. anything else can come after & fall under those two imo

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

T-man posted:

Evening Crew: the moderates choice™

selecting this sends you back to D&D

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

i think non-fyad day/nite crews are pathetic knockoffs and really dumb and always have been

Anywhere that has a 24/7 presence develops a day/night crew, sometimes enforced (work shifts) sometimes natural

Log off some time

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

cribbing the "nite krew" spelling verbatim isn't really helping the case of organic development. further, if you want to adhere to this forums marxist overtones it should refer to shifts as if we were factory workers, the intended audience of the manifesto.

Sure shifts sounds fine, whatever, but :jerkbag: about stealing fyad valor, i never even spelled it that way turbonerd

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The creativity and pride of people being awake and posting at different times~*

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Smythe posted:

pretty win to be needlessly hostile and reductive. :cheerdoge:

You came at me first bud :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Trabisnikof posted:

this needs to be honored somehow

Agreed. Maybe an easter egg clickable, where you click it and that image with some marching music pops up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKnsKkN0kmQ