Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

*emerges mysteriously from the smoke*

G'day mates. I wasn't an Aussie when the last thread was made but I am one now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Raged posted:

I picked the perfect time to change employers and move from Bathurst to Western Sydney.

I'm a big ole idiot

At least you didn't just put $42k down on an off the plan apartment, a questionable decision even before the poo poo hit the fan.

Possibilities now seem to be:

-apartment is finished in October as planned and I won't be approved for enough financing because the value has plummeted
-apartment completion is delayed and I'm stuck in my apartment that I can't sleep past 5:30am in.
-apartment is never finished, company goes bankrupt and I never see my deposit

$42k was my annual salary for many years back in North America.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Big Willy Style posted:

The seppo hosed up

Yeah. Had a good year long run in Oz, was really enjoying life for once. Should have expected a global pandemic to gently caress it all up.

Don't qualify for medicare here either, and I'm asthmatic.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Big Willy Style posted:

The buying an apartment off the plan was the loving up bit. Buying off the plan is usually a poor move. Buying an apartment built after the oughties with our current lovely building regulations is a poor move.

Hopefully it all works out ok for you mate.

As a foreigner it's difficult to buy non-new property and everything we looked at seemed to have combustible cladding. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Not sure whether my employer counts as freight/logistics/home delivery... We sell mobile phones online?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Apply for Centrelink? Wish I could.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

tardwrangler posted:

jism on a triple word :coolfish:

Goaters?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lolie posted:

Goatees

I was never very good at Scrabble.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Has work been cancelled yet? I can't get asthma medication.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Caesar Saladin posted:

this poo poo has turned my dad insane, I got a package from jb hi fi and he went and googled Coronavirus Cardboard and sent me an article about how it can live on packages. His brain has broke.

What's the issue here? I work for an online retailer handling packages all day and they sent me home because I have mild asthma.

Also used to be a postie in Canada and they warned us that the packages are covered in horrible poo poo at the best of times.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did not expect to see this at Woolies

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

ili posted:

Lol my office has at least one confirmed case in my building and two suspected cases in my business unit, I've got asthma and they sent me an email saying everyone has to come into the office unless they're sick or legally quarantined. I'm expected to go into the office so I can be supervised properly by my boss, who is working from home next week as he's under mandatory isolation after returning from overseas.

That's horrible. :( I was losing sleep thinking about going into the CBD every day. Now I have to work on a laptop on two IKEA trays in a tiny apartment since my wife is also working from home, but I'll take it.

We'll probably all be forced home soon anyway unless Scomo decides to sacrifice us all for the line graph.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just want to thank scomo for managing to leave temporary visa holders out of two rounds of financial relief so far. He realises we can't go home either because we're Australian residents for tax purposes, right? We're just going to starve.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nice, scomo said temporary visa holders can withdraw $10,000 out of our supers too.

*Logs in to check balance*

$852.

And I probably have more than most temp visa holders.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Local Woolies was overflowing with tp despite being a busy Saturday afternoon.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Found this in my mail box. Would you order?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Strong Convections posted:

If I had no food and there was no open food outlets around to buy from I'd consider it - they're only making 1 dish per night, which is a lot safer, and the desserts don't need to be kept in temperature.

Only the gnocchi though, the rice for the other two they'll make in a big batch earlier and a home kitchen won't be able to get it cool for reheating later in a safe amount of time - if anything that's what'll make you sick.
Salad getting cross contaminated by the meat in the fridge or benches would also be a contender.

There is a Woolies literally under the building :)

I would assume they'd take cash only. My wife was intrigued but I talked her out of it. We've been cooking every night ourselves.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uber eats is now officially refusing to enter my building and won't even wait for you to show up. I live on Chapel st in Melbourne and even in a pandemic there are plenty of people around. This will be fun.

Just wanted one day without cooking. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jestery posted:

Made some banana bread

https://twitter.com/lanikaps/status/1245106785029062663?s=19

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tried to go to Woolies for the first time in a week and the new maximum occupancy rule meant a queue as far as I could see so we gave up. Can't see how that is safer.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fists Up posted:

What time did you go? At my local Coles and Woolies I've only ever had maximum 10 people waiting.

About 1pm. I live in a huge cluster of towers (South Yarra VIC) served by only one non-Chinese grocery so it's always really busy.

Came back at 5pm and got in right away but it was still shoulder to shoulder in most aisles. Still had heaps of toilet paper though, that's two weeks in a row of good supply.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Only one house sold at auction this Saturday in Victoria. Was like 84% clearance rate a couple weeks ago

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

My neighbour won't stop playing Hippie Sabotage by Devil Eyes at full volume for hours. What's the best way to murder him?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Strong Convections posted:

No, that's the Singapore one that uses bluetooth.

The Australian one uses GPS location.

My apartment has 500 units and is on top of a shopping centre with a Woolies in it...

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Auspost is seriously boned atm. I ordered stuff from Melbourne last Tuesday and it still hasn’t arrived. According to the tracking it’s sitting in Sydney and has been since Saturday

Yep I work for an online retailer and half my day is spent apologising for delivery delays. 1-2 business days now means two weeks apparently.

And yeah tracking is useless

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Uhh should I be removing my savings from nab? Shades of 2008 in North America

NAB seeks $3.5b from investors, cuts dividend as profits drop 51pc

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-27/nab-goes-to-share-market-for-more-than-3-billion/12188112

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Wtf is this Melbourne weather. It's almost as cold as spring back home in Canada.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lolie posted:

It's not just Melbourne being affected. We're expecting 7C the next couple of nights.

I'm just glad I moved here in early 2019 and experienced some sun 'cause this Vancouver-like weather in 2020 would have really bummed me out after all that effort.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I picked a really great city to move to.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lolie posted:

My nephew moved from Perth to Melbourne last year.

I arrived in 2019 as well. And I bought an off the plan apartment in a high density area in February. Thought living near South Yarra station would be great for my commute.

I'm also a technically temporary resident (five year renewable visa) and will probably be deported when the xenophobia ramps up after JobKeeper ends.

Really am a lucky guy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wish Andrews would just announce whatever he's gonna announce so I can see how hosed I am rather than ruin another weekend.

I bought an off the plan apartment in February and fully regret it, can't imagine looking at property knowing what we know now.

I've already flushed a $45k deposit down the toilet even if I get to move in, which seems unlikely at the moment.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

630+ cases again today, fully expecting dan the man to end my employment on Monday

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeast posted:

Same. Have a month’s worth of work booked and in about 2 hours it’s all going to vaporise.

I’m probably going to get drunk about it.

Hope you can at least get JobKeeper. I am not worthy of support.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

-Mandatory curfew from 8pm to 5am starting tonight
-Can't travel more than 5km from home
-Only one person per family can go shopping
-No recreational activity, only one hour exercise near home, two people together maximum
-Official state of disaster, not just emergency
-Schools are fully closed, used to be just 11th and 12th grade
-this is in place for at least an additional six weeks

More employment restrictions coming tomorrow. poo poo. Another 24 hours of unemployment anxiety for me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Trying to figure out how only one person is supposed to transport at least a week's worth of groceries now without a car. Gonna have to go more often I guess.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Where the gently caress is dandrews. Wanna see how ruined my life is.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeast posted:

The cabinet document for industries allowed to operate has leaked. Essentially everything is closed except for food and medical supplies, construction on homes that’s already underway, and some retail including pharmacies, post offices and petrol stations. Bakeries, butchers and fruit shops will all close.
Most manufacturing that’s not food, medical supplies or petroleum is also banned.

Announcement at 3:15

Oh great, that's worst case scenario for me. My apartment finishes construction while I'm unemployed and can't qualify for a mortgage.

Unless my employment counts as "some retail."

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Yeast posted:

Sorry friend :(

It's also illegal for me to work for the next 6 weeks too.

Retailers on site for the purpose of fulfilling online orders would probably save me!!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I feel like I'm still not going to know if I'm unemployed even after Dan speaks. Online only electronics retailer fits into both categories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

No one at my office knows what to do or whether we're still in business. This is surreal.

One of my main duties was authorising warranty claims and sending express labels. Do I just stop? Who the gently caress knows