Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Just found out we don't get a day off for Anzac Day this year and I'm fuming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Everywhere except WA and ACT according to goog

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Yeah but you gotta read the fine print.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

the guy who led the protest against the drag queen in the Brisbane Library killed himself.

By jumping in front of a train and loving up thousands of people's day.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Anyone have any experience with pedophile teachers back in the day?

Yeah he used to get kids to throw tennis balls at his testicles. Other than that he seemed alright.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Living on your own is the best. Nudity 24/7 and nobody breaks your poo poo. Congrats.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My bus driver is one of those people who thinks he whistles well enough that other people should listen to him whistle constantly.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

queef anxiety posted:

hellhole of a city

Need to be more specific

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Getting a new car on Friday that has the adaptive cruise controls and lane keep assist so I'm looking forward to taking naps on the reg.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Aule posted:

Been summoned for Jury duty 😭

Pretty easy to get out of if you just email them.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I think I'd rather do this illegally than live in Canberra.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Aule posted:

Yeah right...
Not possible though. I work full time and run the office, especially for that amount of time???? Mental.

I got out of it as it was the week I was starting a new job. I offered to do it at a later date but they said don't worry about it.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I tried to get my cat into catnip but he's too much of a nerd.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My niece and nephew love their garbage man. He waves to them every morning and gave them small plastic rubbish bins for Christmas which ended up being the nephews favourite gift by far.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Drint Blasters posted:

Mum got me an Air fryer for my birthday, any pro tips?

Throw it in the bin

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm off to Japan in 3 months for a holiday. Please post your hot tips. Going for 3 weeks. Got most of the itinerary sorted just debating if it's worth going to Hokkaido.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I dont know gently caress about japan but the bar scene is nuts in major cities so just check out good cocktail bars imo. I’d probably rather do a Tokyo bar hopping holiday than New York at this point bc they’re roughly on the same level from what I hear

From our research it seems as if everywhere we go we're going to be inundated with good food and drink.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

femcastra posted:

Lived in Tokyo and have done a lot of trips before/since. Post your itinerary and I can give some targeted tips.

At work but off the top of my head it's a week in Tokyo, a couple of nights in Kyoto, 3 nights in Osaka, 2 nights in Hiroshima and then the rest is undecided. Tokyo hotel is very close to Shinjuku station.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Thanks for the Japan suggestions everyone.

This looks loving awesome.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lol if you don't buy a rotisserie chicken for the misso from the back of a strangers boot on the side of the road on Valentine's Day.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Nam Taf posted:

There’s two TeamLab exhibits in Tokyo, Borderless is the permanent one and then Planets is nearby, though that may have ended in October and rotated to a new display?
I went to Planets but all the TeamLab poo poo (e.g: in Singapore) I’ve seen is incredible.

Yeah I saw there are 2 in Tokyo and was going to ask which one to go to. The website says planets goes until Fall 2020 so I think I'll get tickets to that one and maybe even the permanent one if it's as good as it looks like it will be.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm going to move to Tassie if it gets too hot up here.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I heard the problem was a bloke called Rupert.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

You've gotta ask them not to use their teeth.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

McSpergin posted:

Got side swiped on the way to work, long story short was at the beacon hill road and Warringah road intersection. Me going straight, police had shut the turning lane but not had it coned off so people were still pulling in.

Basically I changed from left lane to centre lane, and within a second or two of that a bloke pulled out of the right lane into the rear passenger door of my car. The timing was so that he'd looked, and as he went to change lanes I'd changed lanes.

Who would you think is at fault here? Imo he's completely at fault because I'd changed lane where there was space but according to his insurer, we're both at fault.

It's hosed but yeah I think that's how that scenario works.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

ili posted:

Nah that's bullshit. The country's pretty good I reckon. Like if you wanna put on your auspol glasses and find poo poo to whinge about you surely can, but in the main it's a p good place to live.

He might live in Sydney.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Isaac posted:

I got a mechanical keyboard im ready to press keys at a whole new level

Is it a loud one so you can piss off your housemates?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My missus is constantly worried that our cat might jump off the second story balcony but I tell her she's being absurd so I won't show her this lol.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I've got rosemary in a big pot and it isn't growing at all which is confusing coz at the old place I lived I did the same thing and that rosemary grew huge even without me watering it.

Is my rosemary defective?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The IGA down the road from me puts their discount stickers up before they apply the discounts into the system and I have to stay vigilant when I go through the checkout and it's really starting to give me the shits. This is against the law right? Am I allowed to burn their shop down?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I don't want it for free I just don't want to have to wait at the checkout for 5 minutes while they go and check the actual price of the 4 items they charged me double for every time I go in there.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Cops shot a dude in the Brisbane cbd, apparently for going off with a knife and threatening to stab a bunch of people? Edward and Mary st closed off jfc

I was about a street away and everyone was freaking the gently caress out as you would expect.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Learnt today that it isn't worth delegating tasks at work. Set one of the other teachers up to write a teaching program for the unit of work I'm running this year. What I received was a steaming pile of poo poo that doesn't go with any of the other poo poo that I've done for the project. Looks like I'll have to cook up a program by the end of the week so that it makes sense and gets the boss of my back for a bit.

I treat work like group assignments at uni and just do everything myself coz I know if I let other people touch it it'll be garbage and wrong.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Econometrics can suck my fucken dick

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Is mafs on Plex???

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm supposed to be going to Japan in a month and I'm going to be real pissed off if I have to stay home without any dunny paper.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

They don't stock them in Bunnings

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Saw Hot Chip and ate some hot chips, pretty good night.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Make Gordon Ramsay's pumpkin soup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Local Woolies was fully stocked on everything when I went in yesterday but I think people around here mostly eat at restaurants or takeaway.