Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

sister in law is down in Sydney for the weekend and left her lorikeets here, cunts make so much fuckin noise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Visible Stink posted:

do you play dota m8? I played with someone with your exact name today

No Dota here. I'm not much of a gamer. The Continental is this old radio program guy who was really smooth with the ladies. Christopher Walken did a really funny/creepy parody of it on Saturday Night Live.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lorikeet update: SIL's flight has been delayed. She had better pick these loving birds up tonight I'm not doing another morning with these pricks.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"An argument over cigarettes"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kharnifex posted:

Is Tangalooma an overdeveloped shithole now?

Yes. And the beach is overrun with 4x4s.

Edit: look if you get out there during the week theres some good snorkeling by the wrecks but weekends and public holidays are chockas

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

AusGBS: aahyzgarnlav

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Such a crazy flex to go and protest drag queens reading to children then go dancin' with a train.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

naeka posted:

and the blowback will be hardest on the victims of his abuse, so hosed up.

I hope that's not the case. The amount of mental gymnastics it takes to conclude that drag queens are somehow responsible for this is pretty wild.

*gets popcorn*

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I'm also so confused by the flaccidity of his message: "Drag queens are not for kids" is hardly a protest. Like if you're going to push a hetero-normative agenda and then take your own life at least do something more compelling than breaking up a program aimed at childhood literacy. Anyway's that's all I've got to say on that.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I wasn't aware he was gay, JFC.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Inkfish posted:

Dunno if the thread knows about this guy but you should all watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y37GkOs7qu4

Love the PSA about mental health moments after terrorizing someone with raw chickens, causing them to crash their vehicle.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just did a few days up Noosa and then over to Montville with the missus. Noosa was gorgeous as always but had some crazy storms and still tons of traffic in town from school holidays. Montville was nice and quiet stayed at an eco-resort treehouse type place. I think we brought the average age of the town down into the 70s.

Gonna go see Flying Lotus tomorrow night to remind myself of my youth after doing old people poo poo for a week.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

thats an old fashioned dopethrone

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ili posted:

Yeah you can get done for speeding on a bicycle. Cops have done people for breaking the speed limit going down Mt Coot-tha.

sounds like a hectic ride tho

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Had some mechanic in Enoggera tell me I absolutely needed to get my front brake pads replaced after he fixed some rear diff noise I was getting. I say nah and had a look at the pads about a week later and they've got about a year on them. He did good work but I'm now unsure of his trustworthiness.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I used to think graffiti was the coolest thing. I just watched a Vice docco about "bombing with NYC crews" and they all are just the most insufferable pricks. What was that Aus graff doc about the kid who gets that girl pregnant and smokes a bunch of weed and keeps bombing trains?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tirade posted:

Think I told this story in the last thread but I worked in The Zoo (live music joint in Brisbane) for a few years and we'd put on hip hop shows really rarely because fuckwits would tag the toilets and every available blank wall without fail. Like, show how important you are by bombing trains or whatever I don't care, but don't be cunts to your hosts.

Then the hip hop community would bitch in the street press about how hard it was to put on a show on in town

Had the same problem at The Tivoli. They need extra security detail and the bathroom stalls get tagged up with stupid sharpie tags. I was driving back from a function in Jimboomba to our kitchen at the Tiv following an RnB Fridays and gently caress the valley looked like a bomb had gone off. Chicks in neon fishnets sprawled all over the place and dudes in airmax drinking against fences. It was like being back home in Detroit. We might know some of the same sound guys and roadies if you worked at The Zoo. Ever meet "Metal"? Scrawny dude with a pony tail and tats that lives in a black jeans vest?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Some of the bar staff have their smoking area out behind the kitchen and started leaving treats for the crows because according to reddit they will bring you gifts. Now I've got a family of loving crows out the back who try to steal my bread order at 4:30 AM.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Tirade posted:

Even back in 2005 the valley was a disaster, after closing up we'd usually hang around and shoot pool for a few hours rather than head out elsewhere. Can't imagine how hosed it is these days.

Valley isn't so bad unless you're out next to Wickham on a Saturday night. I mean its a clubby area but its not totally hosed. I'm from Detroit though so my perspective is pretty skewed. I won't admit an area is bad until I see giant cockroaches polishing their Uzis.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Anyone in Brisbane know of a decent poster store where I can get some poo poo to hang on my home office walls? Band posters, movie posters, art prints, etc.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I feel like pies are a very risky food to eat while driving

I nearly suffocated eating party pies in the car. had no water on hand and swallowed a huge mouthful of pastry and it just stuck in my throat. Northbound Gympie road in Brisbane in a beatup hiace saw my life flash before my eyes.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If were talking pies get yourself to KING STREET BAKERY, on king street, in bowen hills by the ekka showgrounds. loving best steak pie hands down its like $9.50 but worth it every time.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The guy who owns and runs the bakery imports master bakers from France. They are about as high end as a meat pie can get. Like, really good.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just got a call back on a cash room management job that they liked me for. BUT apparently they need me to obtain a firearms license and I need PR for that. Dude was like "well, give us a call back if they grant you PR within the next couple weeks haha".

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yeah it would be a handgun license, company pays for training and helps facilitate the process as they are a large security company that I likely wont be working with.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Fuuuuuck that big bash smash commercial just worked on me. Carton of VB, some The Prodigy on the speakers and some big bash smash we're in for a ripper afternoon.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Poured half a bottle of scotch onto my cold symptoms last night and results are pending.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Caesar Saladin posted:

I saw a fight in the epilepsy centre waiting room at the hospital today, both men were 40+ and neither man won, I'd say they both lost. I think I'm gonna go to a private doc next time.

how good would it be if they both had seizures

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The week of non stop rain in Brisbane was a nice change from the oppressive heat but its left me on my rear end with aching flu like symptoms. Been at home on my rear end for 4 days with the cat.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've been working behind the bar at a music venue in QLD and we've had some shows that have attracted the 55 and up crowd. Mah Gawd If I have to hear another corona virus joke.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

"ill take two coronas with lime please, mate, and spare me the VOIIIIIRUS, HEAH HEAH HEAH"

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just got an email stating there has been a sharp increase in youth gang violence in Brisbane CBD:

Heres the email with some info removed for anonymity, stay safe goons.

quote:

The [QPS officer at Brisbane CBD station] in charge has strongly advised us to use extreme caution and where possible, limit our presence within the CBD due to a significant increase of youth violence in the area.
In particular avoid the parking spaces underneath the overpass on turbot street (down from city edge), along George street, King George square and churches and parks in the vicinity.
He also advised Suncorp Plaza was a frequented place (which I think is on George street - from our return trip) and Kurilpa Bridge

He has advised us that recently there has been greater presence of these youth 'gangs' in the CBD area and since social interaction restrictions have been implemented these gangs have increased in number and so have the areas which they frequently loiter. The age range of these youth are approximately 12-16.
He advised they have also begun crossing over the bridges to the other side of the river (Kurilpa and into West End) and seem to be expanding their 'meeting areas' as there is no crowds or distractions to limit their movements.

He also explained that they often approach people as a single person or in pairs and then out of no where, you will be surrounded by 10 others. They have had reports where these children are using metal poles as weapons and injuring people in the area to take personal belongings such as phones, electronics, money etc.
He advised us to carry as little as possible on our person, as they have been targeting anyone in their path. He was pleased that we conduct outreach in pairs, however advised us that this doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent to them lately.

Please be very vigilant and aware of your surroundings at all times, particularly during night outreach.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Curious how many pipe wielding 12 year olds I could take out before they knock me unconscious.

Its a scientific curiosity

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kharnifex posted:

Use that terrible drug that gives you crazy dreams worked for my mates

That poo poo helped me nearly quit 10 years ago but then I had to go on anti malarials before moving to west africa, where smokes are cheap and abundant. I finally quit by stopping drinking entirely and tapering down to one cigarette a day. Smoked one a day for a good 3 months before stopping. I miss it and Im back drinking but it took me a good 10-15 beer sessions without smoking before the cravings went away.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

For me smoking was heavily tied to drinking. I really had to make some drastic, albeit temporary lifestyle changes to break the cycle. I'm glad I did and I'm back running again and generally feel a lot healthier.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Are JPs still operating? The website offers contradictory information, saying all signing sites are closed but to use the search function to find a signing site. Hmmm. I'm in QLD.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I saw a real life goth at the Lutwyche Woolies last Saturday. He was in the frozen food section wearing a full leather duster, those flip up shades, creeper boots with heaps of buckles: I came outside and he was listening to a loving tape on walkman and smoking a clove cigarette. My man needs to be preserved behind plexiglass somewhere.

edit: To be fair this does seem like a great time to embrace the miserable woe is me goth mentality.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Yelled "GO OFF KING!" at a kookaburra outside the bottle-o

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Just barging in here to tell you I got permanent residency granted today and Im very happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Beaucoup Haram posted:

Congratulations, kinda. I guess it could be worse.

I could be living in Detroit, but instead I'm in QLD. I'd call it an upgrade.