Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

sigher posted:

So a while back there was a weird film I saw on Netflix I believe that took place in some sort of "mine" or cave or some poo poo, I remember the main character waking up down then. I think the film was in black and white or there might have just been such little color it looked like it. I remember that the cave setting didn't really look like a cave and the walls (from what I recall) looked like they were made from black trash bags and everything was wet. I think all of the characters looked like they were dirty with oil or some poo poo. I think the whole film was him exploring this place and meeting others in it but I don't remember if there was any explanation as to where the gently caress he was or why anyone was in there. I think it was pretty sci-fi, there might have been cables and computers around at certain points.

Time Trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?

WHY BONER NOW posted:

This might be a movie or tv show or video game, I'm not sure. All I can remember is a male adolescent's voice with a southern drawl saying

"...but death won't come."

Tuck Everlasting?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

A MIRACLE posted:

Trying to remember a rom com from the 50s/60s/70s where the woman is very ditsy. The male lead is annoyed by her antics throughout but accepts her good nature at the end. I’m sorry that’s really all I can remember. I think it was in color

Every Marilyn Monroe movie
Sabrina I guess
Everything with Marion Davies
Judy Holliday
Some Barbara Stanwyk, Jean Harlow, and Carol Lombard
Annie Hall
er, Young Frankenstein? Rocky Horror Picture Show?

E: my money is on Annie Hall. Does "la di da" ring a bell? What about lobsters?

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 10, 2020

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

morestuff posted:

Charlie Chaplin isn’t jacked in The Kid but he probably had wino strength.

Pairing a child actor with a star is basically as old as the movies but overly muscled weirdos weren’t headlining films until the 70s at earliest

I think you're forgetting about Hercules in New York

E: wikipedia says 1970 but Google told me 1969 hence my post

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

hexwren posted:

trying to remember something weird someone I know streamed way back in the day (like two or three years ago)

almost definitely european (german or french probably. maybe polish?)
set in an apartment building where all the tenants are extremely dysfunctional
something horrific in the basement?
some sort of subplot about the local equivalent of child protective services, whose agent possibly gets murdered in the course of events?

Probably not it but maybe you misremembered some details -- Polanski's 'The Tenant' fits about half of that description

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Trevor Hale posted:

There’s a scene in a movie where a guy is talking to another guy. Trying to explain how to act. Something along the lines of being cool and mysterious. The audience isn’t sure if they like him or not. A real lee Marvin.

In my head it sounds like Tarantino but also maybe Vince Vaughn? I’ve checked swingers and reservoir dogs and I can’t find the exact quote anywhere.

Get Shorty? There's a couple scenes like that

https://youtu.be/0H8EmzfVSbg

There's another scene with Travolta coaching Gene Hackman about an upcoming confrontation with a mobster but I can't find a clip.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

albedoa posted:

I'm trying to think of a movie whose theme is infidelity. There is a man and a woman who are married. The woman is an art gallerist. I can remember two settings:

The man arrives at his wife's gallery show. The show space is modern and swanky. It is dimly lit for the show, but some of the walls are lit up with deep red and blue colors. The woman thanks her husband for coming and goes back to her duties. The man starts a conversation with a woman who will become his affair partner.

The other setting I remember is the expensive brick city loft in which the couple lives. There is a main floor with an open plan. The living and kitchen areas are adjacent to each other. Then there is a spiral staircase with iron rails that leads up to the bedroom. The upper area looks down onto the main floor. At some point, the wife returns home unexpectedly to discover the other woman in bed with her husband. A fight ensues. I don't remember if it becomes physical. I think this was at the end of the movie.

The husband is a chiseled, handsome guy. A vague description of him could fit Sam Worthington or Michael Fassbender (but combing through his films, it's not Fassbender). I don't remember the women at all.

I would have watched this movie around its release, which most likely was between 2011 and 2016. It has an aesthetics similar to "Last Night" (2010) or "Shame" (2011) and a lot of other movies about wealthy but emotionally burdened city folks that came out around that time. It probably had the 2.39:1 aspect ratio too. It is possible I dreamt this movie, but I'm curious if you recognize it. Thanks!
I haven't watched these in ages but maybe Your Friends and Neighbors, or Me and You and Everyone We Know

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Kenzo posted:

Good god who did you piss off that THAT red text?

I honestly don't remember who it was or even what it was about.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

That Spooky Witch posted:

hey, maybe you all could help me out.

i'm looking for a long faced grey haired fellow in a second rate horror movie, with.... similar-ish?... aesthetics to The Crazies. I think it had something to do with a hotel, and his character worked at said hotel...? Recent. Last twenty years, at least, last ten to be more certain. 2000-2018.

its vague, I know, but i am _particularlly_ invested in finding the name of this individual, and will take as many false positives y'all throw at me because I will know the right one when I see it.

So Far:

-Devil's Rejects; no
-Psycho 3; no
-House of the Devil; no
-Eaten Alive; no
-Scary Movie 2; no to any scary movies series for sure
-Dead and Breakfast; no
--Vacancy; no
-No Vacancy; no
-The Apartment Complex; no
-Horror Hotel; no (the guests were a man with dark hair-I think, and a woman-blonde hair, i think. the green wall paper in the check in desk rings vaguely familiar with the one i'm looking for? movie had like a green filter over it, or it was just very green, i think thats why i associate it with the crazies, the film cover for that is green. Not humorous either)
-No Tell Motel; no. (the two people the movie opens up with aren't really teens? they were like, in their thirtys-ish I want to say.)
-Love Motel; no. (the movie i'm looking for is very whitebread. no p.o.c. up to the scene the guy i'm looking for is in)
-Insane 2010; no. (no english accents)
-The 1st Seventh Night; no.
-S Darko; no.
-Vacancy 2 The First Cut; no. (I don't recall this movie was a sequel or a remake, just a one-off)
-Lake Dread; no. (I really don't think the guests the movie opens with were driving a camper rv. also, no lake as far as I remember.)
-The Hotel!!; no. (I don't recall there being punctuation in the title, nor there being a beach around the hotel in the movie. i don't think it was foresty around the hotel either, ALSO, the hotel was dirty, grungy).
-Severance 2006; no.

Looking at the hotel movie list that was pointed out, it occurred to me to look up a list of mens names. The first name is Ken. poo poo if I know his last name. He wouldn't be credited very high, I don't think, it seemed like a bit piece role, and I vague-ishly recall that he was credited as Ken 'Lastname'.

-Bug 2006; no. (Opens up with a couple, coming to a m/h otel. (i'd have to guess more on the m otel on the m/h otel scale)

All guesses still welcome! Thank you to all :)

Since you said you don't care if it's far fetched, maybe Harry Dean Stanton as a trailer park manager in Fire Walk With Me and (as a better fit for your timeline) Twin Peaks s3

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Trevor Hale posted:

Spaced Invaders

Aka the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater

E: I was 13 years old and went by myself and my bike was stolen while I sat through that piece of poo poo. Pretty bad day.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I think it is a Police Academy movie, op be damned

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Schistosity posted:

I saw this kids movie in early 90s, though I'm sure it was filmed in 70s/80s (definitely color and not black and white.)

It was a spooky live action kids movie about an African American family (mom, dad, and daughter) who just moved to a new house. I think the house was haunted, but no one believed the daughter. Turns out the "ghost" was a really old Black man with white hair who lived in the secret tunnels in/around their house, which used to be part of the underground railroad. The daughter then learns more about the history of the underground railroad. I can't remember if it was this story or another that referenced the drinking gourd.

A search for "underground railroad ghost movie" turned up https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0264696/ which seems to hit every mark.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Somewhat misremembered 976-EVIL ?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you guys want an ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE story about that sensation - one that literally gave me goosebumps - check this out:

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/o2h8bx

It's about a guy who can remember a hit song that literally *no one* else can remember and there's *no trace of it online*. It's wild.

2nd'ing this. There are some pretty incredible moments but I don't even want to hint much at what they are. I was in complete shock at one particular aspect that relates to the accuracy / fallibility of memory though.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just listened to it, so I'd love to hear your take on it, especially what you're referring to that I've bolded. Was that the Prince thing? That reminded me so much about when Trent Reznor realized he'd accidentally ripped off, for lack of a better term, David Bowie's 'Crystal Japan' when he wrote 'A Warm Place'

It was more so the fact that after not hearing the song for decades, and not having any formal musical training, he was able to direct musicians to making a practically note-perfect rendition. When they compared the two songs, the real and the reproduction, I was agog at how similar they were

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

E: nope, ^^^ is definitely what I was thinking of

I feel like that might be in La Femme Nikita

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Kosmo Gallion posted:

A film possibly from the '70s but set in 1800s France or Germany. A child was born and had no interaction with his parents or the outside world and lives as an outcast in some kind of hut. Possibly a film version of Kaspar Hauser. Sorry there's no details I was really young when I saw the first ten or so minutes.

The Enigma of Kasper Hauser? 1974, directed by the one and only Werner Herzog

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Dougie is better on a rewatch. First time through you'll just so primed for Cooper's return that you can't fully appreciate Dougie. Just watched s3 with my gf (my second watch, her first) and she hated Cooper not being in it, I enjoyed it way more than I did the first time.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Maybe a misremembered Air America?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I saw a bit of a weird Japanese film while I was in college. The scene I saw was about broke hungry students making their own ‘fried eggs’ by jizzing into a frying pan and cooking it. It would have been pre-2010, but definitely modern day.

Humanity was a mistake

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Movie wherein a character who is an actor or musician is approached by a female fan who, sobbing, tells him "I love you". He disentangles himself while saying "you barely know me" or "you don't even know me".

It's possible that the genders should be reversed.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Slugworth posted:

Is this Scott Pilgrim? I can't picture the scene exactly, but Scott disentangling himself from Knives while she freaks out and gushes feels like a thing that happens.

I don't think this is it. I think it might be Lost in Translation* but I don't have a copy to check and it's not streaming.

*For how much buzz and cultural cachet this movie had when it came out, it sure faded into irrelevance. I've heard more praise for, say, I <3 Huckabees in the last couple of years then for LiT

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Try /r/tipofmypenis

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Serperoth posted:

This is from a discussion with an acquaintance, to the point where it may be a figment of imagination but he only remembers one scene from the film, the last one.

Protagonist (male), and a girl are in an open-top car driving on a rural road (possibly a dirt road?). As he's driving, they're kissing, and not paying attention to the road, so a pickup truck comes from the other direction. The driver makes a swerve to avoid it, and the girl is thrown from the car and killed instantly. He said it's the end of the movie, and has nothing to do with the rest of it, it just ends like this to prevent a happy ending.

Are there any clues? It's possibly from before the 90s, but that's all we have at the moment

EDIT: VV He says it ain't it. Film looks interesting though, worst case I've learned about a neat looking film

This description has a strong Gregg Araki vibe to it but I'm not familiar enough with his oeuvre to say definitively if it's his.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

It's not Andy from Twin Peaks but it kind of looks like him so that might be what it's tickling in your head

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

It's not Looker but the description reminded me of Looker. Big guilty pleasure movie.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

FFXIV Porn posted:

horror movie i watched within the last five years. heavy bug/infestation theme but i don't remember if it's clear if the bugs are real or if the main character (a dude) is going crazy or not. most of what i remember is the last shot which is a room filling with bugs while the protag is trying to pull a huge insect/creature from inside another dude. hope any of this rings a bell.

Naked Lunch

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

The Last Starfighter

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

I had that movie on VHS (recorded off of HBO) and watched it so many times. Not sure why, because even as a kid I thought it was boring in places and dragged quite a bit. I think I just wanted to be the guy who played a video game SO WELL he got to go to space.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

SpaceCamp also contributed to my certainty that I was space-bound

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

It's a good movie. Unpleasant yes, like all his movies (In the Company of Men, The Shape of Things), but good. Although his career trajectory is that every movie is a bit worse then the one before.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Every so often, I'll remember that this was a show with that title, that aired when I was younger, but still old to realize 'what a weird idea for a show'.

Me but for The Hat Squad, a show whose title and premise live in my memory despite it only lasting one season and that I have never seen a single episode of it.

Also, Cop Rock.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Affi posted:

I saw a movie a few years ago.

It was about a family of two in the balkans during the early 1900s .

It was bleak as heck. They lived on a farm and refused to give food or water to gypsies who cursed their well. So the movie had them slowly starving and there was a lot of focus on their horse who got sick and they were worried.

They ate potatoes and they slowly ate fewer and fewer.

No music at all just the sound of wind around their lovely cabin. I don't think they talked much either. Black and white probably.

The Turin Horse. "Bleak as heck" is accurate.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

In the Mouth of Madness is the sleeper gem and it is absolutely top 3 Carpenter and maybe top 2. It is practically perfect in every way.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Not exactly the same but sounds like a kissin' cousin to the True Detective s1 theme

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Ras Het posted:

I realise this sounds like every French film ever

This sent me

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Disco Pope posted:

The second was a TV movie where a cop is killed and ends up in a dogs body. It's played totally straight. I remember the dog sitting under a tree monologing.

Oh, Heavenly Dog? I remember it being on TV a lot in the 80s. It's a comedy but Chevy Chase is pretty deadpan so it could have come off as non-comedic to a kid.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Fever dream of a movie: sci Fi, almost certainly from the 80s, I think it took place at least partly on a colonized moon or other planet. There was a male and female lead and one of them was a cop or something, and their boss was a 40 year old person in like a 9 year old body? And the boss snuck into the cop's apartment to watch them having sex?

E: I think the female lead was a robot

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Oct 5, 2023

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks all! Looking more into trash 80s sci-fi I think Trancers must be it with a little Cherry 2000 in the memory stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006

ellie the beep posted:

movie request from my wife who swears it isnt harold and maude but cannot really pin down anything better

seen on late night german television somewhere in the mid-90s to early 2000s at latest, but was definitely post reunification - and shes pretty sure the setting of the movie was contemporary, hence ruling out h&m

features a younger guy somewhere around his twenties getting into a fairly racy or
even explicit relationship with a woman two or three decades his senior.
she's unclear how they come to spend time together, and she has an impression of an exotic, maybe south american maybe french influence but she doesnt know if thats really part of it or if shes mixing up other stuff she watched on late night german television as a teen

Y tu mama tambien

E: maybe Spanking the Monkey but a very important aspect of that movie is missing from your wife's description that would be hard to forget or leave out if this were the answer

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 26, 2023