Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Cross-posting from the MegaTen thread:

W.T. Fits posted:

"no, glasses are no good,"

W.T. Fits posted:

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1218283000443486208

Edit:

Don't wear glasses - Tsubasa won't wear glasses in casual outfits. For those who like people as they are.
Wear glasses - Tsubasa will wear glasses in casual outfits. Recommended for eyewear connoisseurs.
Choose for me - Randomly chooses one of the two settings. For those who just can't make up their minds.

W.T. Fits posted:

I never finished my playthrough on the Wii U, even though I made it pretty drat far into the game. I kept running into a glitch where I'd go to read the characters' profiles when they updated after plot segments, and the game would freeze up. So I eventually just stopped playing.

Restarting from scratch on the Switch version, and god, did I miss these dorks. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

barry keeps yelling out english curses in his best joseph jostar impression

Barry Goodman is a national treasure.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

2) Are you upgrading your gear from the canbrea (sp?) shop?

Carabia.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

pray for my aunt posted:

I've never been Surprise Attacked by enemies so I've always been able to Smoke Machine out of Savage Encounters that are too far above me. Once you get Slowma dodging encounters becomes free (and you need it for that dungeon you get it, it's almost entirely corridors).

Are skills you replace/forfeit gone forever? Or is there a way to remaster old weapons?

There is a way to remaster old weapons, I just can't remember what it was because it's been like 5 years since the last time I played this game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

squirrelzipper posted:

Also I feel like I don’t know what cast to run with since I don’t know what’s coming. What’s everyone’s favorite group?

Don't worry too much about it; TMS lets you switch the characters in your current party mid-combat. Itsuki can't swap out since he's the leader, but the other two party members can and should be rotated to help you hit weaknesses and form session chains more easily.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1221934643965882368

GOONS! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

GreenBuckanneer posted:

As for SMT, I am not as much of a fan of the dungeon crawl make the map aspect (I find it tedious) like in Strange Journey, but I noticed the similar named spells and the perceived "difficulty" for battles, at least in the video talking about what to do. I like the weirdness aspect of Persona and SMT, lore wise. I do not like the timed aspects of Persona, however, I find that stressful.

If you don't care for the daily life management aspects of Persona, you don't have to worry about that for TMS. Each chapter is pretty much its own self-contained part of the larger narrative, and there's no time pressure to get a dungeon cleared by a certain deadline like in Persona. Also, sidequests can be done as soon as you unlock them, even if you're currently in the middle of a dungeon for the story; you're free to just leave the dungeon, go take care of your party member's issues so they can unlock a new skill, then dive right back into the dungeon where you left off. And at the end of each chapter, there's a brief intermission period before moving on to the next story chapter to allow you to clean up any remaining sidequests if you'd prefer to not interrupt the flow of the story instead.