Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

esperterra posted:

ATTN STAR TRACK GOONS

If you would like to quote this post!

If you already have three gang tags, tell me which one you'd like to lose. If you don't want to lose any proceed w/ your own caution. The limit of gang tags is nebulous and you may get them axed by another mod or admin if they find your av/tag/text combo too excessive.

If you want your current tags rearranged or your text changed, I can do that as well.

I apologize ahead of time for the spam this might cause. It's just easier for me to organize and make sure I don't miss anybody! Feel free to quote me in your regular-rear end discussion posts if you were already going to say smth so we can keep this at least kind of neat.

thx in advance

Please allow me the honour of experiencing bij. Qa'pla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Finally got to watch the new lower decks. Best one so far. I love The Dog.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Payndz posted:

Make Picard the ship's AI, who appears as a face on a screen.

And as a there is hologram, you can tell which crew member it is by the big H on his head.

And as a perfect an android replica who can go on adventures with the crew - wait, this sounds familiarly Roddenberryish.

and lister is there too

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Tiggum posted:

Pretty sure the captain literally said it was a secret.

the captain is kind of nuts though

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

HOLY poo poo THE NEW LOWER DECKS
i'm only halfway through and already this is INCREDIBLE

e: nooooooooooooo shaxs :( :( :(

Mx. fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Oct 8, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

the helmet being now canon is amazing

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Martytoof posted:

TV IV > Modern Star Trek Megathread: Picard, Discovery, Lower Decks, and WOLF 359 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

the loving enterprise callback at the end
jesus christ

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Shaxs, best bajoran bloke and best security chief

All he wanted to do was phaser some dudes ok

Mx. fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 9, 2020

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Senor Tron posted:

I want to see the timeline where both Voyagers from that episode and the goo copy one survived and teamed up in a fleet to get back home, with Starfleet trying to figure out wtf to do with three copies of the same ship and crew.

each Janeway wants to murder everyone in the other ships, but the crew of all three like each other and want to hang out and be friends

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

plainswalker75 posted:

The little stick-figure buddies on the door! :swoon:

Ediit:

Omgggg

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

MikeJF posted:

Also I'm starting to think I may have OD'd on Star Trek and gone batty thanks to the Quarantine Lockdown.

has it been a long road?

getting from there to here?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

no shaxs replacement???

good episode i had fun even though i hadn't watched that episode of TOS

t'ana dropping the boulder was great, t'ana is great

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

that was so dumb and that made it fantastic

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

how dare you people like star trek
what kind of star trek fans are you?!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

there was so much in that episode, like drat

i liked it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

The_Doctor posted:

The new Titmouse tee is great. :3:

noooooo why is it US and canada only....

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

literally the best

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

oh my god, t'ana is still the best

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

apparently the kzinti will appear again, he's in another shot of one of the trailers

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

you have been found guilty of the crime of enjoying a thing that i think is dumb

your sentence is an exceedingly long series of posts

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i'm here to litigate why anyone would like star trek

you can call me a star trek fan

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

wait a minute...

you just beat captain janeway!!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i love this dumb show

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

kzin is still unnamed. I hope he appears again, and gets a name

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

no! billips loves his virginity!

always great lines in this show

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

"coloured sand, room temperature"

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

MillennialVulcan posted:

IT'S NAKED TIME

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Something I reckon they could do with "later" Star Trek era shows like Lower Decks, etc, is get some more Klingons in the Federation and Starfleet, but explicitly the non-warrior ones. The Warriors are still dickish allies that want to do to their own thing, but give the other professions a bit more screentime by having a bunch of them decide to get away from the Warriors and go someplace they'll actually be respected for what they do.

i too demand klingon lawyer

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Zurtilik posted:

Is he actually? I haven't gotten around to Lower Decks yet. I seems like the franchise that would make a call back to it.

https://twitter.com/TheTrekCentral/status/1445133047570092034/photo/3

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

i love lower decks

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

please give me a million more episodes like this

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Brawnfire posted:

I figured Star Trek technology would have smoothed menstruation out incredibly. Teleport cups, uterine enhancers, idk

I'm picturing the Riker poop comic but replace the poop with a bucket of Ro Laren's Bajoran Hypermenses

Thank you

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

holo janeway has to work a whole lot harder than flesh janeway to do a genocide, give her time

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Some countries that we are unfortunately not able to ship to at this time are: Australia, New Zealand, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Myanmar, North Korea, Syria, Russia, Belarus, Congo, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Zimbabwe, Cuba.

drat time to pirate a shirt I guess

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

A.o.D. posted:

I want more episodes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Grand Fromage posted:

Your ten episode season is weak and it disgusts me!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

DaveKap posted:

Yeah being able to see a naked ship is kinda fantastic.

And it's worth noting how happy it makes me that Sonya Gomez was brought back. She's not the best voice actor and didn't quite sound like she fit in... but she is a welcome presence.

In a way, she basically got a Riker-level cameo for this finale. Good for her!

i thought her voice acting was charmingly bad, it was fun

that whole episode was great drat now i gotta wait for season 3 rip

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Dolash posted:

Someone on Twitter suggested it should be a direct follow-up to Trials and Tribblelations, where the crew has to carefully avoid the DS9 crew who are carefully avoiding messing up the TOS crew, with maybe another crew from even further into the future coming in after them too. And yes, also an excuse to animate the TOS crew in the TAS style (not sure how the DS9 crew would be animated in this case).

i would pay so much money to see this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

she might be loving with them
janeway loves psychological warfare