Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me know when the WHO classifies this as a stage 4 epidemic, or when they release a sequel to Pinball Wizard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

So this guy said there's a 95% confidence that it's at a power level of 3.6 to 4.0, and they've already dialed that back to 2.5, and people are still believing anything he says?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
All these replies tell me that whoever it was who did this analysis really shouldn't have said they had a 95% confidence interval then!

"Oops we didn't take into account the fact that we only had three days of data" doesn't sound like very good statistics!

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Applesnots posted:

A buddy of mine is currently living in Wuhan right now and is on lock down. He just told me that the embassy is chartering a flight to get all Americans out of there.

Definitely way better for them to be here than there, even if they’re in a quarantine concentration camp for a couple months.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Colonel Cancer posted:

So far yes but it might mutate and make you poo poo out your kidneys while bleeding from every orifice and then you'll be hosed

So could the flu but somehow you're not constantly afraid of that.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what you’re saying is, Big Boss is immune to this. No word yet but I’m guessing that Solid Snake also had to feed on a tree frog.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Fingle-Ding is back!

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

HOW THE gently caress DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO PUT 11,000 PATIENTS ON VENTILATORS IN WUHAN, OR BEIJING, OR SHANGHAI (or any other tier one city!)?

I didn't know Doctor Finkle-Dink had an account here

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Biohazard posted:

We have a coworker who’s home in China right now and is coming back in a couple weeks. Really hope he doesn’t bring anything back.

Mods please quarantine forums user “Biohazard”

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fartbox posted:

It's just a flu though

Unless you are old or are already diseased with HIV or other stuffs that crash your immune system you'll be fine?

SOME OF US ARE OLD AND HAVE GRAND NIECES THAT ARE IMMUNOCOMPROMISED AND HOW DARE YOU TELL US NOT TO PANIC is the general tone I'm getting from mommas the world over

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lote posted:

So what you’re saying is

Let it spill over into schools and churches. Let the bodies piles up in the streets. ?

Why not?

S’cool

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Books On Tape posted:

Our plan is kinda one of stages.

1) Now: start slowly phasing in light social distancing and improved hygienic habits. View large crowd gatherings as risk/reward scenarios.

2) Spreading begins stateside: Telecommute. Shelter in place mostly. Social distancing and Light PPE when in public. Establish decon station in garage w/ crude "scrub station" to keep inside home "clear". Stage 2 bins with important personal items, have 2 large bins ready for clothes (Odds: Likely)

3) Spreading begins locally: Firm shelter in place. Stage clothes, supplies & be prepared to roll to a buddy's house on short notice. IF either of us needs to leave, full PPE and scrub in when returning home. (Odds: 50 / 50 of happening)

4) Quarantine / Instability: If we see threat of forced quarantine / local travel restriction / Localized looting, we will load clothes/supplies/weapons/personal bins into our two vehicles, secure the house, and relocate to a buddy's house about 4 miles away per an agreed upon plan. (Odds: Highly unlikely)

Secondary / Emergency Location: He, his wife, and 2yo son live in a 9000 square foot brick home in a very nice neighborhood. It sits atop a hill at the end of a cove with great sight lines in all directions.

He's in the military, is a weapons expert. He's got 2+ years of food, more ammo than we could ever need, reloading bench, a nice garden, honey bees, significant medical supplies, an extensive whiskey collection, roughly 500gal water storage (bottled, 2x 55gal drums, 4x water BOBs), plus rainwater collection system tied into his gutters and a large water purification system. HE is a "prepper", albeit a very normal dude. His wife is a military/civilian pilot as well. You'd never guess any of this meeting them or walking around their house, which is by design.

We will have 4-5 couples (all close friends) there to share watch/duties with plenty of bedrooms/space for everyone. Each would be coming in with ~2+ months of supplies. We could comfortably shelter in place for extended period there, and properly defend it if anyone who didn't prepare decided to get nosy.

Lol your wife is going to being to your milspec "friend"

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

If everyone could help spread

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

unpacked robinhood posted:

Those things are ridiculously large and gently caress up my data plan, thanks everyone

COVID-19: Fatality rate increases for seniors 56+ years old [56k no]

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tree Bucket posted:

I’ve heard good things about forsythia.

I keep hearing that the true cure is Coca Cola Classic (tm)

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teardrop posted:

Hmm sounds like it is ramping up exponentially

lol’d thanks

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zer0spunk posted:

permission to now call this hanks disease?

its the roni

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Anne Whateley posted:

If he gets to Idaho, don’t forget he also has to get back. Unless he’s planning to stay there permanently?

perhaps he wants to die in the arms of his loved ones

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

sweet thursday posted:

Can somebody help me? I'm not sure what is going on and with this COVID19 I am scared. My symptoms are a little sexual frustration combined with lack of motivation; a loss of concentration (I can't concentrate on work); my libido's gone berserk; I'm sweating through my shirt; hyper emotional sensations which seems to be unaffected by location; I can't seem to get to sleep and I don't want anything to eat; Overall I would say I feel a pressure near my heart and a sensation of water soaking into my brain. This is driving me insane.

The cure, surprisingly, is bat soup.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Adolf Glitter posted:

poo poo loads

good post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I’m kinda puzzled bc I would have expected the opposite. People that die from COVID but weren’t tested get counted as Pneumonia

I bet it’s something like Schrodinger’s Pneumonia, where you can’t count them as one or the other until you get them tested.