Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I agree that closing of fyad and the over the top accusations were extremely unjust, but in the end it's just a forum and there are a trillion worse injustices in the world. Getting angry at extremely online people has never made me feel better.

In any case I can probably spend years entertaining myself reading old fyad threads that's worth the :10bux: alone. Take care, lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

:10bux: in 1999 is worth like $15 now. Each passing year it gets cheaper to join SA. Thanks Lowtax!

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

The politics forums in SA serve as mental illness and unhappiness generators and as long as they exist the general forum atmosphere will slid further and further into fatalism.

tormp lol

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

StratGoatCom posted:

By FYAD bullshit, I meant FYAD buying AVs that harassed some minority users and other bullshit.

lmao that people keep lying about fyad even after they succeeded in shutting it down.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

wrong thread

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

the only thing I've learned is that the saltiness of FYADers is boundless and neverending and that's hilarious

:peace:

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Who What Now posted:

If there's one thing the Tax man responds well to it's being constantly pestered nonstop

Is there a more powerful version of :ironicat:?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

This is not the place to discuss fast food.

This is the place to discuss ways of making money off of talking about fast food.

And divorce too, I guess.

Put it behind a second even more expensive paywall

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Korean Boomhauer posted:

The internet is 95% websites complaining about being banned for saying the n word on another website

I mean this time the people banned are just chilling in another thread in gbs while those who complained about them got what they wanted and then...left? Huh

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

SA forums are self cleaning

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Light Gun Man posted:

I support the closing of FYAD because if the mods straight up just say "hey please stop being nazis" and the response is "being a nazi" then gently caress em. That's straight 4chan behavior. That's how you end up with "ironic" nazis and pedos who oh what a shock end up being actual nazis and pedos. Because mods said no, so therefore that's now my core belief system!! gently caress that.

poo poo, sorry, I serious posted for a second there. Lets have a good time online, everyone.

I too support the closing of fyad because of events that happened in my imagination

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Create a Lowtax subforum for discussing all things Lowtax

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Piggy Smalls posted:

Help lowtax and give me an av. Thanks.

lmao

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I don't like the name Dorks With Sporks because sporks are a minimal if nonexistent part of fast food culture. It should be its own thing not just a fast food version of GWS

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Food Fast Forum

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I love how this thread goes from casual fast food chat to balls to the wall insane poo poo and back again like it's nothing.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Well, you know, the SA forums were originally created to curtail pervasive early memes, like ‘L3375P34K’, that made other social media platforms unreadable. Today’s leetspeak-equivalent is Twitter-style communication.

Brief ironic posts about Arby’s and Hitler are internet status quo, and there’s a huge demand for something else. Instead of directly competing with Twitter, what can the forums do that Twitter can’t? The two things I’d single out are long-form writing, and moderation that extends beyond simply removing ‘objectionable content’ and into actually curating good (interesting, valuable) content.

People will shout that SA is a comedy website, but if every post is scrambling to be a punchline there’s no setup - you lose the actual jokes. It ends up being spam. You have these dozens of specific subforums where people talk about their interests, and comedy grows out of that. Like, a dude sincerely trying to renovate his bathroom ended up being one of the funniest things in recent memory because many of the people dunking on it were skilled contractors giving detailed feedback.

Those kind of writers have been leaving.

Curating good content today also entails being political - and I absolutely don’t mean that in the sense of ‘political correctness’. It’s just proven again and again that social media naturally amplifies existing problems. What we have in this particular case is an amplification of the familiar right-wing populism on the one side (and some degree of liberal sensitivity to harassment on the other). The only way out is further to the left.

You have an opportunity now to disassociate your brand from that crap - and Gaming Garbage is a part of the SA brand.

And anyway: do you have more in common with those people who are really struggling, or with these fake nihilists?

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I started my weight loss by switching to eating fast food which let me count calories instead of my college cafeteria. Lost my first 20 pounds that way. Maybe I'll try making a thread about losing weight even while eating garbage

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Once in a while I check out byob but it feels like reading those "wholesome" subreddits

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Pizza isn't fast food.

How about pizza slices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I didn't know it was possible for a post to be this correct.

Halal Guys in Seattle sucked