Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Heavily modified "chimera" strain

something something resident evil reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

yet another promising cspam thread has its vibe ruined by the depressed apocalypse gang. i'm loving sick of it

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

amaru_chulla posted:

The only gang in CSPAM is this so called "depressed apocalypse gang", if you want the "neoliberal good vibes" place you're in the wrong place lol
being sad isnt praxis

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

amaru_chulla posted:

no one's sad about anything though

you know what i mean shut up

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

is this like the virus equivalent of the false flag theory

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

note that this is only hubei

floppy rear end line. owned bitch

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Over Easy posted:

all the experts say this thing is going to be wrapped up in a week

go home wuhanailures (and stay there until the quarantine is lifted)

apocalypse gang once again btfo by the strength of the human spirit

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

ok you get the special treatment of Seriousposting

crack ping is a trump thread joke about the constant barrage of serious and/or bizarre news overwhelming people's minds

you can check my post history in this thread, it's 90% posting news updates and telling smug dismissive idiots that this is going to be worse than they're writing it off as. in literally none of these posts am I actually cheering for people to die, this poo poo is awful, even getting hit by this poo poo and surviving is going to be awful, pneumonia is horrible to deal with, and this has a good chance of leaving survivors with permanent respiratory damage, which is probably even worse than dying (look up a documentary or two on people living in iron lungs)

please chill out and quit harshing the buzz. it's a lot healthier for people to laugh at this poo poo than work themselves up into panicked paralysis. especially given that this thing spreads from presymptomatic hosts there's not really much we can actually do about not/catching it, particularly at the individual peasant level which is what every single one of us posting here is. if you find a director of medical policy here or a mayor or state governor or something then let us know so we can tell them to take this really seriously!!!

stop posting random statistics that nobody in this thread understands or has any comparison to and saying 'were all going to die lmao' imo

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Xaris posted:

*kramers in* aha! just another SARS! hey remember SARS? great big ol' nothinburger.. lmao media!! just suck it up and enjoy a few sick days n00bs

people keep saying that this is twice as deadly as sars but i remember sars not doing poo poo so i ahve no idea if thats supposed to be bad

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

CODChimera posted:

outside of china like 2 people have died, maybe even less than that

vyelkin posted:

so far it actually seems to be significantly less deadly than sars, but significantly more contagious, so fewer people are dying as a proportion of people who get it, but more people are dying overall because way more people have the disease

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

SARS had a 10% kill rate but didn't really spread very much. I don't know where the "twice as deadly" is coming from, this has an about 2% mortality rate (from confirmed cases, which is important as it seems mild cases are just being ridden out at home). It's infected a bit more than three times as many people now, officially, as SARS did in its entire run though.
i mean deadly as in terms of total number of people killed and not infection rate vs kill rate & i was thinking of all the extremely horny posts you made like three pages ago

SKULL.GIF posted:

Wuhan Coronavirus is going to beat out SARS in 1 month, and that's with the first 3 weeks being really quiet and it only really taking off in the past week or so. SARS took like 8 months to run its course.

SKULL.GIF posted:

not by *rate* but it's probable that it matches it by actual total count.

nCoV is like waaaay more infectious than SARS, it's actually remarkable. In all my life I'm having trouble thinking of a comparable virus that's had this amount of infectiousness.

SKULL.GIF posted:

:siren: WUHAN CORONAVIRUS HAS OFFICIALLY PASSED SARS :siren:

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

those aren't horny posts. those are like, flabbergasted and amazed and hiding worry

thats how i feel when i cum

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

priznat posted:

I’m in a pizza restaurant right now and a guy is loudly telling his friend how he has seen videos of people dead in wuhan produce markets and how it’s killing thousands and I’m just curious where he is getting this terrible info, is this some weird conspiracy thing now?

it really feels like the virus has just become part of the constant stream of 'wow isn't china a weird dystopia' content that people share everywhere

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

succ posted:

By accident, meaning a scientist didn't know he was exposed after genetically modifying the 2012 strain with gain of function properties.

Overall, pretty stupid to play with bioweaps in a country of billions. Thats poo poo you do on one of those manmade islands far off the coast where everyone working there is basically bubble boyed for their tenure never to see society.

Yes, it would be a pretty dark stain on the CCP internationally if such carelessness was discovered. But then again this is the same place where a few years ago CRISPR babies were born.

I estimate the true causality numbers to be ~500,000 as of today.

drat dude if only the CCP had listened to you and done the secret bioweapon tests on the secret manmade islands instead of in the middle of a highly populated city

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol the SO2 release into the atmosphere from Wuhan was off the charts. this wasn't normal cremation of dead people.

the loving confidence of this post. infowars brain

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

chinese people are really cool

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

CODChimera posted:

it really does make you wonder how this hasn't actually infected the entire population by now

it has. you thought you just had a cold last week?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

my god, we've lost contact with the chinese national health commission

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

officials described the virus as 'everywhere' and 'coming out of the goddam walls' shortly before a burst of gunfire was heard and the transmission was cut

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

they do gently caress around with stuff that’s not super deadly though.

it’s not totally impossible that this escaped from
the lab after it killed a monkey and the drat thing wasn’t disposed of properly because the dude who’s job it is gets paid peanuts.

wow so youre saying the CCP accidentally unleashed its shittiest bioweapon. real cool conspiracy theory here

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

The purpose of a bioweapon doesn't necessarily need to be a world-ending plague. A super infectious flu that forces your opponent to shut down their supply chain in order to contain infection would be an immensely useful bioweapon- even if it had a fatality rate of 0%.

MarcusSA posted:

this is like the dumbest take.

y’all do understand that bio labs study all kinds of random poo poo right?

ok so how does believing this explain things any better than the official narrative

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

I don't recall "lol of course all the doctors and nurses are getting infected" being the case during the last few Ebola outbreaks.

a quick wikipedia skim says that all of the deaths outside of africa in the big 2014 outbreak were health/aid workers

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

Yeah, the term "bioweapon" is probably a misnomer in this case. It's more likely it was something they were screwing around with that got loose.

Accidental release of an "experimental organism" doesn't really sound much better though.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ah poo poo my bad guys

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

so has anyone found any articles collating evidence about the people being welded into their homes thing or is it just 15 second twitter clips

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Sound posted:

lmao

is this thread going to be flooded with people saying ‘see it’s all fine and under control!’ after xi publishes his totally accurate article in the state propaganda magazine?

no its full of morons posting huge tweet threads of some pdf in response to questions like 'is there any actual proof that the CCP has created FLU 2 to kill small business owners' instead of giving an answer

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

neutral milf hotel posted:

wait you mean the president, who has "joked" about serving three or more terms in office, who has zero respect for any political norms, has major republican protection from any and all legal consequences from his criminal actions, who has tremendous propaganda support from entrenched right-wing media, who has hinted at violence that will occur if he's not re-elected, is a widely known racist and bigot, who would do anything to avoid state-level prosecution when he "leaves" office, who would absolutely abuse his presidential power to hurt his enemies,... you mean that guy wouldn't consider calling off elections by declaring some national health emergency?? good to know!

this genre of post where someone says their most paranoid fantasies but in a condescending voice as if youre the moron whips rear end

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Prester Jane posted:

At this point in time the information itself is way more important than purity testing every single person/account who reposts the videos that are leaking out.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

ok guys, bring it in! *all the Musk/Tesla FUD guys, climate change blackpill guys, CCP collapse imminent guys and financial collapse imminent guys come in holding a HUGE embedded tweet*

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

kitten smoothie posted:

I wouldn’t worry, they acknowledge they’re pretty much just performance art

EVEYR SINGLE COOL CYBERPUNK FACE RECOGNITION THING TURNS OUT TO BE PERFORMANCE ART

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Mistle posted:

As much as it's not "laboratory created" China still stuck a pathology research lab in the middle of their country and had lax measures of containment.

Even in capitalist hellworld America, that's a tens-of-thousands-of-dollars fine, maybe even six figures of fines for a potential pandemic that will...

*checks notes*

... kill off a bunch of old people in poor health who are draining their breadcrumb of government support and demanding expensive accommodations from corporations.

Never mind, this may actually have been a good thing. I'm sure Uncle Xi could understand the benefit of being the oldest person around, especially if all the people who remember your shitshow early years and bad decisions are all :airquote:accidentally pandemic'd:airquote:

this post physically hurt to read

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

sincx posted:

One could argue that, despite their different outwards political philosophy, at their cores the governments of the PRC, the Koreas, and Japan are still heavily influenced by Confucian ideals. Which is terrible for disaster response because a government designed around order and hierarchy is NOT able to respond quickly and creatively to fast-changing situations.

everyone just ignored this post but its only slightly dumber than all the other variations of this u morons have been saying

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

why contain it?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

it is absolutely everywhere across the entire world and likely has been for months. stop being scared lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

the bros have gone too far this time

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Reclines Obesily posted:

https://twitter.com/MackayIM/status/1231782044922892288

this guys twitter is good, he is either a virologist or actually a virus going by his avatar

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

bird with big dick posted:

My boss just got back from 2 weeks in Hawaii what are the chances he’s infected

there is a 100% chance that you are infected

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Vishass posted:

Is there a non doomer reason younger doctors and nurses appear to be dropping from this?

Like is there truth to some non-medical twitter person speculating that like being infected with a little virus gives your immune system a headstart vs getting an initial bucket load while people sneeze in your eyes all day?

Or is this like w/ 3000 infected medical professionals .4% CFR for under 60 is still 12 ppl and it's going to grab headlines when they die vs olds

doctors and nurses always get killed more often in big viral outbreaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/search?q=corona%20virus%20lime&src=typed_query