Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Do fish sneeze?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Centrist Committee posted:

This reminds me of the Ebola thread a few years ago, 50,000,000,000,000 incoming deaths

it's just a matter of when

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

orange sky posted:

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1219620756440653825

Goddamn it i love this woman, she has all the plans. shes the one to lead us into the future

:stare:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
just get a rag and piss all over it, worked in ww1

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Farm Frenzy posted:

yet another promising cspam thread has its vibe ruined by the depressed apocalypse gang. i'm loving sick of it

pretty funny av/post combo

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Emotions are a bourgeois revisionism

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its casual racism saturday, whats the problem

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Anyone who posts a Madagascar joke will be shot on sight

i don't know this one

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
On Friday, Dr. Nancy Messonnier, the director of the CDC's Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said the incubation period for the novel coronavirus, called 2019-nCoV, is an estimated 14 days from the time of exposure to getting sick.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

For the common flu?

0.1%

official reports of Coronavirus are right around 3% mortality

bit unfair comparison considering the sample size tbh

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
if you see orbs filled with green poo poo in a helix formation, smash that sh!t on the floor asap

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Considering it incubates forever and then some age groups just walk it off there's no particular reason to even care for the numbers at this point.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Good luck to the advertising gal who will monetize these blood splattered halls

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Victory Position posted:

all of your blood has fallen out of your body at once.

you are now in a critical state.

Just rest in a bed for 1 hour

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Minrad posted:

the disease isn't even real lol. this is china fighting back against trump's trade war. open you're eyes folks.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Lmfao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I wonder if the huge incubation period also is saving us from the insane world travel aspect since whatever rich bastard gets it in wuhan probably is back at home by the time it actually becomes contagious and they're relatively easily trackable.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera posted:

imagine a...ahh nevermind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao i tempted fate

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the grave just got 10 feet deeper

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvtUCUM9yCU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Nah SA posters will be fine, the elderly tho

lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CODChimera posted:

I have a weakened immune system and i spent 3 hours at a hospital last week so i'm a goner, go on without me

turdfuzz steepling his fingers, his av brand energy returning to him

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

patient 0 is old hat, how about patient 5 million?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
i'll be sneezing directly into peoples mucus membranes, social contract is dead b*tch

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

aren't most of these masks for stopping a sick person from infecting other people instead of protection from sick people

I imagine the true size of the virus is basically the most ideal scenario whereas if a mask even filters out some particulate it reduces the intake=less actual virus in real terms meaning your natural immune response has easier time handling it but I'm just bullshiting

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SKULL.GIF posted:

So wearing the mask creates that physical barrier and constant reminder to be vigilant and to wash your hands once you get home and take off the mask

Yeah this seems more right, emphasizes the sick role and produces better behavior

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The impact of helicopter flu was severe

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the lion of the MaskUS.com

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

RandomBlue posted:

Netflix's Pandemic says 2B people got the Swine Flu in 2009, which is complete bullshit, it was ~61M.

they mean the androids

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmao

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

I don’t care if it makes me a conspiracy nut, I’m betting this is a population-control bioweapon. Someone in the Chinese govt. looked at the climate data, decided they didn’t want their kids and grandkids to live in underground vaults, and ‘accidentally’ released the Boomer Genocide virus.

this but its just the natural result of accelerating urbanization, poverty, gutted public spending, universalizing of capitalist principles, globalization, etc

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

nefarious chinese politician: how about we intentionally inject our own population with a rapid spreading relatively low mortality virus to overload our hospitals, bring our economy to a screeching halt and cause a lost in trust in our leadership by foreign governmetns and our own people.... muahahaha. the perfect plan.

it's truly inscrutable

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Vishass posted:

What's the practical use of a bioweapon that takes at least 2 weeks to incapacitate a host and mostly kills a modest percentage of olds so it is insanely difficult to contain

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

dying for comrade xi's mask profits

smdh fool its imperialism. the mask are made for the same price due to downward pressure on producers through global supply competition. the profit is captured by the imperialist western capitalist dog

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Minrad posted:

if I'm reading this correctly it looks like we have daily waves of the population going up/down, some kind of zombie apocalypse?

a lot of ego death happening every night, somethin is wrong

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bro news . com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Newmonia