Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah this getting into countries without stable central governments is very bad

Yeah I heard a few cases reached the US

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

stephenthinkpad posted:

The US CDC are not testing patients even if they have 2nd hand contact with China, and the symptons fit.

https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1231745522123202561?s=20

Also this is actually Carl Zha's family (for the China thread goons), he is a minor tweeter celebrity.

If this were me/my family I would lie and say there were people at the party I didn't know who may have been in China.

If this gets even mildly out of control in the US we are going to see some poo poo.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm about to board a plane to Japan lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

sincx posted:

Where are people getting horses from?

Just bought the last one sorry

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Ross DaouThot posted:

should i still be getting beans

Far too late. At this point you should be aiming to stockpile dog food or maybe even hydrox.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I hit up several bars in Tokyo last night but thankfully I smoked a bunch so I'm invincible.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I'm doing my part!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Heading home from Tokyo tonight and hoping to cough on a bunch of people.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Just got home from Tokyo. Feeling a bit congested, but otherwise super (supercarrier, even!). Bout to hit up Costco to restock!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

So here is my current stockpile

I think I need more beans now that you all mention it. Post your true stocks boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JITC1fo2HA

Mr. Cruz, welcome to the Something Awful forums.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Drinkfist posted:

I don't get the Ted Cruz reference.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...and-his-family/

When Ted and Heidi Cruz returned from a honeymoon in the Caribbean, Ted went to the store by himself. When Ted arrived home, Heidi was surprised to discover that he had purchased 100 cans of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

"Different kinds," Ted Cruz said. "Some chicken, some beef, you know. ..."

The next morning Heidi Cruz woke up before her husband, drove to the store and returned the soup. She called her mother, who asked if she planned to cook. Heidi said both she and Ted are terrible cooks. So she promised to go back and re-buy the soup.

Apparently Ted Cruz still likes soup. In a "25 things you don't know about me" with US Weekly, Cruz wrote, "When I’m away from the family, in Washington, D.C., my dinner is a can of soup. I have dozens in the pantry."

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a.lo posted:

do you live in a mansion

he clearly lives in a pantry

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Costco had no tissues, toiler paper, napkins, or paper towels of any kind lmao

we're stocked up tho

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

This morning I inspected my most important strategic reserve, my booze cabinet. I've about 1.5 bottles of whiskey, 2 bottles of rum, a bottle of vodka, and a bottle of gin. I picked up a case of beer this morning to help suppliment it.

In the event of a quarantine, my biggest risk is running out of mixers

you'll be sober by april and dead by may

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Coronavirus vectors include livestock, wild game, direct contact, fluids, aerosol, and... packaged beans!? That can't be right...

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

This fucker is just trying to bogart all of the masks!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dustcat posted:

can't wait for my robot body

Your best case scenario is that they grind up your bloated remains and use them as a fuel precursor for a killbot drone

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fallom posted:

help me budget for the apolcaypse

food - $40
paper for my rear end - $3620

Need more gun's

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I can't wait for all the people I hate to die from the virus lol lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

U-DO Burger posted:

interesting, one of the deaths was two blocks from where i live

Soon the deaths will be coming from inside the building!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TeenageArchipelago posted:

okay, just to be clear. I have a fever ~105 but no cough. I should avoid the hospital to not get corona, right?

hundreds of goons are going to die of the regular flu for the sake of irony. the survivors will pile their bodies to the heavens, then we will throw our wretched, diseased bodies upon them

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

facetoucher cat posted:

My brokerage firm

GUILLOTINE

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

First aid kids

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

singapore proves that you really can trade a little freedom for security

Being immensely wealthy and concentrated in a tiny space also goes a long way

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Fix posted:

A friend in San Francisco said that people evacuated the building next to his because it was discovered that someone there had two degrees of separation from someone who had covid. The workplace asked that person to work remotely, and that turned into panic and evacuations. People getting twitchy out there.

Employers are taking much more extreme measures than the government. That's where we are now as a society.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

Employers who can still exploit a workforce working from home. On top of that tech workers see themselves as a privileged class and might get unruly if they think their employer isn't looking out for their safety.

Oh yeah, to be clear, if you're engaged in any sort of customer-facing or physical labor position without union protection you will be immediately sacrificed.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/JohnAyr12294351/status/1235744226261872641

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Death Stranding ftw

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Griefor posted:

Hey losers. How's it going in pandemic land? I'm posting from the only country in the world that has succesfully contained this, the Netherlands. No, don't mind that number that doubled yesterday, that doesn't mean anything. In fact, after seeing that number, we can say with confidence that we were already expecting that number. Anyway, none of you losers is ever going to see what succesful containment like we have looks like. Well, actually, you could come see what it looks like, anyone from anywhere in the world can travel to the Netherlands to come and see unimpeded, really.

Protip for the beleaguered Dutch government: if you don't test anyone then the bad number can't go up. Just a bit of American ingenuity you can put to use. No need to thank me.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Vishass posted:

I hope this reaction is just to her being a dumbass and not like "b-b-b-but we beat it" since any place that knocks it back is going to have to be hyper vigilant for the next year or more.

Well unlike the US they took this poo poo really seriously and actually locked down their border with China and started a nationwide movement to suppress any transmission. It's a huge setback for their efforts.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

please don't post pics of unachievable utopias in the megadeath thread

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Plagueworld 2020 kinda owns. Too bad about all the corpses, though

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

twoday posted:

Was it really him?

Trump shook hands with a guy who interacted with another guy who was positive. He could get the virus off of his hand.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lmao its way too late to do anything. The tiger is out!!!!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

AppleNippleBOB posted:

They're telling downright lies at the moment.

:thunk:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Qu Appelle posted:

Welp.

The Nurse On Call doesn't think I'm serious enough to get tested, despite a fever that Tylenol doesn't touch, and persistent shortness of breath whenever I lay down.

Though I do have a doctor phone visit tomorrow afternoon.

:corona:

Just dig your own grave quietly somewhere the number can't see you.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

The best apocalypse handguns to own are going to be .380 / 9mm because the ammo is insanely abundant and even a goon can carry 100s of rounds in their Nintendo fanny pack.

.44 and .357 is going to be hard to come by unless you made your own stockpile, but they will be heavy and burdensome.

The optimum rifle rounds will be .223 and .556

Shotguns are a terrible choice because they're close range and you don't want to primary that unless you're in an indoor defensive position.

Some of this information may be inaccurate so I have the upper hand when my gayboy berzerkers descend upon your goon fort.

OK but what's the coolest ammo to fantasize about using in this scenario. Let's cut out the bullshit.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Purestrain Peroxide or gtfo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

cargo cult posted:

isnt south korea full of alcoholic boomers

Just regular alcoholics. It's a demographically young nation relative to the US or EU.