Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

this is actually from a snake. mods please ban op for lying.

I can't believe Warren would do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

release the boomer flu in Florida daddy xi

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

can just get a bunch a bunch of bandanas and run around looking like an outlaw instead

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Lawman 0 posted:

Fool! That will only make it stronger

Oh poo poo then we can take out the most conservative part of genx too, ballerrrrrr

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

24/7 lofi hip-hop beats to wait out a pandemic to

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

dammit and my one remaining grandparent is actually pretty cool

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

twoday posted:

So I'm just going to assume I'm going to get it, what can I do to boost my immune system and lung health?

When you get it cough on as many old people as possible, there's only a limited number of virus in ur body and the more people you infect the less are in you so you get healthy faster

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

meanolmrcloud posted:

lol I have a coworker who is in Asia for three weeks, starting in Hong Kong, going thru the Philippines and coming back via Tokyo. that’s...a lot of airport touching.

ur coworker is gonna become a human incubator for some horrifying hybrid virus assembled from wuhan coronavirus and random airport plagues

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Minrad posted:

I'm starting to suspect this is why we see barely any people walking around or driving cars in all the latest wuhan videos

It seems more likely that a quarantine tends to reduce street traffic from their jobs making GBS threads down than wuhan becoming a necropolis

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't plague Inc immediately shoot to the top of the sales charts in china?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I think China might be messing up the numbers but I also have zero trouble beleiving that the US would insist the plague is contained even as flamerthower armed bands of fanatics go from house to house incinerating anyone they think shows signs of sickness

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

CNN: The stock market begins recovery as Trump announces the disease is 100% contained and order is restored

The view outside the window:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Does India still have huge multi-million person protests going on? That might effect the govs responses to this disease idk

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

smh the one time a heavy hand is extremely reasonable the ccp goes soft

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Viral genome has been sequenced

code:
    1 attaaaggtt tataccttcc caggtaacaa accaaccaac tttcgatctc ttgtagatct
   61 gttctctaaa cgaactttaa aatctgtgtg gctgtcactc ggctgcatgc ttagtgcact
  121 cacgcagtat aattaataac taattactgt cgttgacagg acacgagtaa ctcgtctatc
29761 acagtgaaca atgctaggga gagctgccta tatggaagag ccctaatgtg taaaattaat
29821 tttagtagtg ctatccccat gtgattttaa tagcttctta ggagaatgac aaaaaaaaaa
29881 aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa aaa
https://bioinformatics.stackexchange.com/questions/11227/why-does-the-wuhan-coronavirus-genome-end-in-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa/
Gttct = gattaca 🤔🤔🤔

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I wonder how much cleaner the air is in the cities that had all cars forced off the roads

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

so is India just not a popular spot for mainland Chinese travel or is something being missed

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

this lag sucks, someone check c0ronavirus's ping

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah my guess why theyre ending at a military base rather than an airport is the airport/town complained

Kinda seems wierd they wouldnt do that to begin with. I would think it would be easier to limit exposure to other people at a military base than a local airport

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

gonna be extremely mad if Europe gets their boomers culled and not north america

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

has anybody made a "no ethical consumption under capitalism" joke yet

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

CODChimera posted:

also we should probably find a better balance between 'solved in 5 days' and 'the apocalypse'

I mean I'm just here to watch things happen. I don't have any real control over everything so I just lol when the number goes up

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

considering all the other threads where goons cope with their complete powerlessness in the face of tragedy by laughing at it I don't feel like this thread is particularly special in any real regard

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Gonna be honest, I'm doubting the accuracy of this zerohedge guy considering that he's wrong about the subject he's actually knowledgeable in

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Looking up news on this is oddly calming because i know its bad but its also unlikely to directly harm me severely so it makes a good distraction from other news

this must be how boomers feel, like all the time!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

We're likely just as hosed as Europe, but they're actually testing people

where was that post that compared us and europe as being a drunk driver who accidentally slams into a brick wall and the eu being someone calmly getting into a car, putting their glasses on, then slamming into a brick wall anyway

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/1236065824403841026

:crnasickos:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Avenge the black panthers corona-chan 🙏🙏🙏

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

starting to think this might get bad!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

schnorkles chemtrails are delivering coronachan directly to retirement communities

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

this is the hardest trumps had to work in years, and likely for the longest period

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BMX Ninja posted:

I heard somewhere that copper is not pleasant for viruses and bacteria, and that Victorian England unwittingly did a good thing by using it for all their water piping and door fittings. I'm sure I'm mis-remembering it, but is there :science: behind this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicrobial_copper-alloy_touch_surfaces

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

hell yeah corona-chan is finally in my state

lmao that it showed up in loving sheridan before cheyenne tho

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Thesaurus posted:

Lmao Wyoming

I bet Colorado peeps spread it to you. It sounds like the biggest cluster is in the Aspen area

thats whats weird, sheridan is on the north edge of the state

meanwhile plague free cheyenne is like 45 minutes north from hitting denver suburbs

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1238214465822371843

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

I bought 3 weeks but lmao I don't even have anywhere to put three months of food

i only have like 2 weeks worth of food in case i get sick so I can stay fed without going to a grocery store, rip me

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I dont even have enough storage room in my kitchen for 3 months, id just have bags of poo poo sitting on the living room floor

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

between this and the oncoming recession i just have this weird zen calm

a coworker at work was shooting the poo poo with me about corona virus. he asked if it was being overhyped in that obvious way that makes it clear that he, personally thinks its overhyped. I just said yeah sorta, it has the potential to get bad because of blah blah blah and listed out poo poo about how even if its not fatal to people who aren't ancient it'll hospitalize a lot of people and lead to more fatalities due to system overload.

I explained this all extremely casually which seemed to unnerve him. Im not worried, im robust as hell and I have beans. The whole of the country is energized in the face of a tragedy that could have been prevented and from that energy i have a sort of tranquility

this must be how falling off a cliff feels. no point in worrying, might well just enjoy the view!!!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

LET'S REVIEW TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!

• MLB shut down
  • MLS shut down
  • NBA shut down
  • NCAA shut down
  • NHL shut down
  • Little League shut down
  • Disneyworld/land shut down
  • Most universities shut down, remote classes only
  • Government shut down for 2 weeks
  • International travel either banned or heavily restricted
  • Public schools shutting down // extending spring break
  • Churches shut down
  • Many states banning large gatherings
  • Multiple states declaring states-of-emergency
  • NYC Mayor de Blasio tweeting out "PLEASE STOP NOW!"
  • Johns Hopkins doctor saying "Have 3 months of food stockpiled for this"
  • 100,000+ with Corona in Ohio, likely the same (that is, 1% of the population) everywhere else
  • Markets crashing with circuit breakers hitting again and the largest (point) drop in history
  • Gold crashing
  • Silver crashing
  • Bitcoin crashing
  • Bonds crashing
  • High finance is horrified and saying this will be worse than 2008; talking about how the fundamentals are seeing such severe weakness we may see a general asset crash
  • Donald Trump is President

It's finally here. The endgame of the Trump era. American society is shutting down. Capitalism is failing.

Bless us, Corona-chan!

Theory: 2020 will be win we turn this poo poo around!!!
Reality: TEN MILLION DEAD BOOMERS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

talking to a friend and we've settled on there being a solid chance wall street and some generals oust trump if he makes one or two more boneheaded mistakes

i mean

we need a way to escalate this poo poo next month so why not