Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Armadillo Tank posted:

Viruses are really alive. The GBS thread went over this. A "good" post described them a predatory chemistry.

But viral infections can cause brain damage through secondary health effects. That never goes as demonstrated by general posting behaviour in the forums.

Serious question though:
Does north korea have significant traffic of chinese citizens? Are they the true madagascar in this scenario?

viruses do not maintain their internal condition or homeostasis. they are life-like but are not alive. :colbert:

Spergin Morlock fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

can't wait till we all get fluid in our lungs from viral pneumonia and have to take the pill that literally makes you pee non-stop for 36 hours

Crack Peeing

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

does the US have legal right to hold people against their will for quarantines?

probably not but if they do it anyways you'd have to go to court to get them to stop, lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Third World Reagan posted:

how many child soldiers do we have from Afghanistan still in cuba

none, they're all adults now.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Vlex posted:

For gently caress's sake I just spent a week in the Canaries.

:rip:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Kill All Cops posted:

Macau's hotels will still be open, right? What about the all you can eat buffets?

Still, a lot more clear leadership ability than Carrie Lam, who still isn't sure whether to completely shut all of China's traffic into HK or not.

HK is a part of China. how are they going to keep out traffic that is already there?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

If anyone's curious, this is pretty good explanation of how airlines handle these types of viruses: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldm3n0hEsd4

sorry i dont watch videos with thumbnails that look like that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Hope they're not using the Shadow app to gather the results.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

worship a cube and it's "the religion of peace" get rendered to unknown locations and it "like a horror movie". make up your mind people!

I thought it was the meteor fragment stored inside the kaaba that they worship

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

succ posted:

By accident, meaning a scientist didn't know he was exposed after genetically modifying the 2012 strain with gain of function properties.

Overall, pretty stupid to play with bioweaps in a country of billions. Thats poo poo you do on one of those manmade islands far off the coast where everyone working there is basically bubble boyed for their tenure never to see society.

Yes, it would be a pretty dark stain on the CCP internationally if such carelessness was discovered. But then again this is the same place where a few years ago CRISPR babies were born.

I estimate the true causality numbers to be ~500,000 as of today.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

succ posted:

sorry, i was somewhat trolling. everything i posted were reddit comments. i dont actually believe any of it.

ill accept my sixer

good to know, lol.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

destroying the global economy just in time for the election

JIT economic crisis

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Didnt China recently heavily cull their pig herds recently due to another virus?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

vyelkin posted:

gives a whole new meaning to manspreading

Isle of Manspreading

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

kind of feels like a disease that spreads this virulently and kills one in every 100-200 people who catches it, with a skew towards older people, would wreak absolute havoc in any industrialized nation with an aging population and shoddy health care. (looks towards camera) SOUND LIKE ANYONE YOU KNOW???

suck it republicans

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sincx posted:

If some back yard chemist working out of a shack in the woods behind Berkeley (literally) can figure out how to synthesize LSD, if this gets really bad someone may figure out a low-tech way to make remdesivir.

edit: also a GBS mod is keeping his Carribean cruise that's scheduled for next month. wow.

My mom is going on a Mediterranean cruise next week, lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

if you take enough of this stuff like papa smurf does it make your balls and dick turn silver too?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gregday posted:

they got the boo box

lol the pirate that got put in the boo box was glenn close in drag

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zeno-25 posted:

How long do you have to quit smoking to have reduced severity of pneumonia?

I'm prob hosed might as well keep on smoking while I can

the lungs start healing about a month out for it can take many months, 9 according to a site I'm looking at, for the cilia to start growing back

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol, rguy broke minds

its funny because that clearly is an rguyovich parachute

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Prince Myshkin posted:

If two people making the same joke means they're the same person does that mean most of C-SPAM is actually one guy?

not that i care one way or the other but you've used other turns of phrase in this thread that make me think you are indeed r guyovich. just own it!

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shut the gently caress up about homex morons

swine flu ended up infecting 10-20% of the world population

9-dash infected line

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Brain Curry posted:

Have you ever noticed that anybody panicking more than you is an idiot, and anyone panicking less than you is a maniac?

I was starting to think I was the only one.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

oxsnard posted:

I'm craving new content. When does PJ's probe end?

Btw here's the latest conspiracy making rounds

https://twitter.com/felixdennis123/status/1228124581967409154?s=20

I'm gonna laugh if this turns out to be someone like Iran mocking up an DM like this to provoke panic

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CODChimera posted:

yeah that one, although it usually includes fantasies of millions dead all over the globe and entire countries collapsing

If it spreads and kills 3% of the world's population itll be like The Leftovers

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CODChimera posted:

No it won't

I guess we'd have to watch a bunch of people die horribly rather than just have them disappear. You're right.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

CODChimera posted:

dying of the flu vs literally vanishing. have you actually watched that show?

yes lol

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lmao. i wonder if that guy was still on shift and just broadcast to a huge number of people that he was sleeping at his desk

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

omg. the virus... WWG1WGA

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

cant wait to catch pneumonia from an international student

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sincx posted:

One of the most astonishing things about the TRUMP timeline is that the US military has admitted there are UFOs--provided video evidence, even--and no one gives a poo poo.

Lol just because the navy said they didn't know what they were doesnt mean Lockheed Martin and a handful of defense dept employees dont

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Zotix posted:

Lol at thinking that Lockheed Martin has the technology to bring a large object from 60,000ft to a 1500 foot hover over the ocean in under a second.

Its significantly more likely than it being extraterrestrial in origin.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

:yooge: elections are cancelled
people: that's illegal you cant do that
:yooge: impeach me then
senate after impeachment: lol no he is president until the next election is held, at least

/next election is never held, or turns into one of those "great leader won 98% of the vote again" situations

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

what if he flips the election lever to OFF, what then huh smart guy

Exactly

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol so many people thought we would end up in a tom Clancy reality, but instead we have lurched into Dean koontz territory

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BattleMaster posted:

it's cause it gets spread from pigs

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

lol my mom went this week to italy for a mediterranean cruise. rip

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Farm Frenzy posted:

it is absolutely everywhere across the entire world and likely has been for months. stop being scared lol

Actually no, everyone panic. We are all going to die.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i say swears online posted:

35, masters degree, making twelve bucks an hour in a hotel with mostly international travel. I'm perfectly positioned to catalyze societal collapse

:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

vyst posted:

Calm.jpg with the virus in the vagina

vagirus