Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Hey, cool, looks like it's spread to my state. The patient seems to have come down with it... let's see here, down halfway past two video playing ads... 10 days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Really? That green thing the guy's on looks kind of fun. What the heck is it?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

The people on the best position to survive this are the ones who buy a bunch of food at the store but then it just sits in the pantry or fridge forever because they're lazy and just keep ordering takeout

Seems like they're quite likely to catch something from their overworked and underpaid delivery driver.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lote posted:

He’s gonna be mad and erratic.

Do you think we're going to get speedfreak Trump or benzo Trump?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

twoday posted:

If it was circulating in Washington state in January already, I'm slightly more convinced that I had it in January

Yeah, a guy with it showed up in a Washington airport Jan 15th, so it's probably been simmering quietly since then.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

lol if you think uber drivers will let you in as you're making GBS threads and coughing yourself to death

Threaten to downvote them and they have no choice.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

theres a very real possibility that ted cruz is asymptomatic but has spread it through the senate lol

Inshallah!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

coronavirus is in the senate and it has a ~10% death rate in people over 70

I will take back 30-50% of the mean things I have said about Ted Cruz if he successfully infected the Senate.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Wow, Amazon not punishing workers for showing weakness? This crisis is far more serious than i thought.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

A tale of two tweets:

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1237144999550222339?s=19

But then

https://twitter.com/EamonJavers/status/1237349833377275904?s=19

number got bamboozled bigly but desperately wants to believe

Maybe we'll be allowed to borrow wage relief against our future social security.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

i could actually see it tbh, there's probably some actuarial work that shows that better testing leads to more informed outcomes which leads to overall savings.

We like to pretend that Trump is the only one running around saying random bullshit without any clue of how the world works and that everyone else is calm, cool, and driven by data-centric decision making... but, uh, I got news for you.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

oh my god mexico is so hosed

Poor Mexico, so far from God, so close to the United States.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

ok great but my kids daycare is closed and my other kids public school is closed and my work isn't letting me work virtual so what the gently caress

Bring your kids into work, there will hopefully be lots of empty cubicles from the people who are out sick.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

italy was concentrated in lombardy, the U.S. cases are more spread out although we also have no idea how many are actually about lmao

Yeah, the level of detection might be higher in Italy than it is here? Or not? WHO knows.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

My favorite part of all this is, that for weeks they've been saying it's not a big deal, then all of a sudden they started mashing the panic button in the last two days as they realized that you can't just tax cut your way out of this

I think Trump catching the corona changed a lot of minds (well, perhaps one) on the severity of the problem.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

buy back all student debt instead you loving monsters

Feds already hold that, they don't need to buy it.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Lightning Knight posted:

my fiancé has decide that it’s still on as well so get hype hell yeah lmao

Nice, Red Wedding 2020.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Hillary 2020 posted:

Can't he ask the AIDS denying Reaganite fundie what to do?

He doesn't like talking to Pence.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

galenanorth posted:

Hotels being commandeered will affect people who live in hotels for years because they are on the periphery of homelessness, and they don't have credit for a whole year's apartment lease, so they have to pay in smaller installments at a higher rate. Most of those hotels will be going underwater soon anyway, and I'm not against the idea, but I wanted to point it out anyway

True, but I suspect it's not going to be the econolodge out in the industrial district that will be commandeered, but rather the six hotels by the conference center siting at 5% occupancy because randomcon20 was cancelled.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Woohoo! School's out for virus! School's out forever!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

facetoucher cat posted:

You mentally and physically prepared for that?

No

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

MoaM posted:

She knows Melania/Trump has it.

Do androids get the virus now?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Oh yeah, it worked on that TV show Kings.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Dreylad posted:

that was explained by the fact that the ny school board feeds over 100k kids who are homeless and without schools running they'd all be at risk of starving

Pretty sure that's an excuse, our schools are being closed but they're promising to still make free meals available for the kids who need them. In the summer they set up free meals in the parks, no means testing needed.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

so wait a second the uk really is doing the "don't do anything" approach to this? is the commitment to brexit so great that everything, even life, must be exited?

The people voted for pain

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bulgakov posted:

what even is a tax credit

All you have to dp is fill out the 1040 Schedule C19 with your return and you can have a nonrefundable credit towards your lost wages!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mrmcd posted:

I feel like I got a very mild bronchitis thing the past few days and it's just gonna drive me bonkers. Like my chest will feel itchy and I'll do one half hearted cough and then freak out and take my temperature which is still like completely normal.

Repeat 20x a day while consuming tremendous content.

Oh yeah, I've been doing that for a few weeks, good times.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

UnknownTarget posted:

1) That person is not under 30. I'm not saying voter suppression doesn't happen, but just because it does happen doesn't mean kids didn't get out and vote.

2) Massachusetts, land of the college kid, went for Biden.

Washington, which votes entirely by mail, went for Biden too.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Delthalaz posted:

But... how does he benefit? What does he get out of keeping them open?

Probably doesn't want parents to yell at him for making them spend the day with their lovely children.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

GABA ghoul posted:

Haven't heard Trump speak in a very long time and holy poo poo, what a piece of human garbage. The constant blaming of everyone else for his own mistakes and the constant self-congratulations for minor poo poo that he somehow couldn't manage to gently caress up is insane. Also, he is rude, condescending, evasive and I don't think he really understands the questions. He comes off like a slightly broken Chinese room that only returns vaguely related gibberish answers.

Yeah, Blindsight was a good read.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

brugroffil posted:

Praising the Dutch Congo was a hell of a take

Hey, the Belgians built all those railroads... and all it cost was an arm and a leg!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

If Ted Cruz did manage to infect the Senate, I will forgive him.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Paramemetic posted:

The nice thing about bread is you can probably make it with things you might have on hand or at least get flour pretty easily.

Flour and eggs were the only things completely sold out at the local Safeway. Course, we also had a freak March blizzard too, so maybe everyone was in the mood for pancakes or something.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

oxsnard posted:

Huh? No, the whole thing was a critique of British exceptionalisim. The virus spread too fast to take over the entire world from an island and everyone left in the UK assumed otherwise

Yeah, it was in a train station anyway.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Aha, technically there are two giant holes in the bill! Under 50 and over 500!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

euphronius posted:

I don’t think trump can launch anything on his own

maybe who knows

IIRC, he has to be able to get a book, read the codes, and then type a 200 character password into something without any typos. So basically the US Nuclear arsenal is essentially unusable at the moment.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

After seeing the party crowds and talking to neighborhood parents it's weird as hell that pretty much every child/family oriented place in Illinois is closed but nothing else. No libraries, schools, park buildings, not even church or indoor play places

Meanwhile every single adult without kids is out partying because those are all private businesses desperate to make rent . It's weird as gently caress

Children's museum- closed. Science & Industry museum- closed. Schools- closed (although free meals will be served still, fyi De Blasio). Kids are going to go a little stir-crazy soon.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

We cannot afford a ventilator-gap!

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

At what point does being a veteran swing from living off a ho-hum pension into “men with swords never starve” territory?

Asking for a friend.

IDK, but men with swords starved all the time. Usually after they killed all the local peasants, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

politifact pants on fire

shes to the right of both of them

Only fron your perspective; she thinks she's to their left.