Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

Free Hong Kong
Free Tibet
Taiwan is an independent country
The Chinese government is committing genocide in Xinjiang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

So is user 'stephenthinkpad' just another whatever7/tino alt, or is he somebody else who just happens to write a lot like him and registered the day after whatever7 got banned?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

The amount of trouble I have to go through and money I have to drop to get a loving duck in this country is criminal.

Yeah I'm planning to raise my own when I get a little more space, because they have good eggs and taste so good.

Edit: If I can get a few acres, I'll raise sheep too...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mad Hamish posted:

Does the facemask turn it into a six-piece suit?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

I did not know cow to human was rare. That would explain it too, India has a shitload of dairy farms but not as much of other stuff. Chickens are the one animal all the non-vegetarians are allowed to eat, they're the other most common farm animal there. Not much pig farming in India considering its size.

What group doesn't eat goats or sheep? My favorite Indian dishes use those.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

url posted:

given the rate of money printing - sorry QE - that is about to take place, i don't think any one is planning to pay anything back.

Much like the trillions that got 'lost' during 2008, i would think we are going to see another ridiculously painful inflation jump, just shy of hyper inflation (if we're lucky and we all play nice). I'm not an economics hero by any stretch, but the risk of hyperinflation seems to be stronger now than in 2008.

I'm not 100% certain, but, when we are printing telephone numbers of currency overnight, (with what seems to be increasing regularity) the models in hand seem like maybe they are not working - it's not ok is all I'm sure of.

I'll toss in an ill-thought out conspiracy just for fun, I would also ask if 2008 was an opportunity to achieve some degree of currency equalisation to ameliorate some of the effects of 20 years of wanton offshoring.

I can't meaningfully engage in economics, apologies if this annoyed you.

i cannot comment as i am not an economist

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

is that the Kaaba? drat

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

5,000 years of posting this image

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Jeoh posted:

Posting on the second lucky page of the thread. 800 pages until the next, seize the opportunity.

ntan1 posted:

very auspicious post

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrainDance posted:

Yeah this is just a normal thing that happens all the time, probably half the stuff you own is from boxes that fell off an after-hours factory line in China and were then discovered by AliExpress sellers

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

d0s posted:

when anyone asks me about how my country's political system works, I put on this costume and sing the song word for word while doing all the motions like waving my arms, reclining on a flight of stairs, convulsing and falling over, etc

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, BILL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I GET INTRODUCED TO CONGRESS OR EVEN WHEN I GET STUCK IN COMMITTEE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY PASSED THE WORLDS FINEST POLITICAL SYSTEM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LAWS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There’s some really good superhots out there with a ton of flavor to go with the heat. The problem is there’s also a ton out there that are just pain sauce, often with capsaicin extract. Da Bomb, for example, is just nasty. The Last Dab is super hot but has a kind of curry type flavor. They made a Pepper X version of the Classic that’s the hottest thing I’ve ever eaten but has this nice grassy, fruity flavor from the peppers.

The endorphin rush is also nice. I have a lunatic pain tolerance from years of doing MMA/boxing and teaching Krav Maga so the heat barely bothers me.

I think I've tried Da Bomb... if it's the one I'm thinking of, it tasted like half-smoked tobacco but spicy.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I like to use dark when I'm making a beef stir fry. Just today I cubed some london broil, coated it with dark soy, sprinkled in some 5 spice and pepper, then after letting it sit for a hour I stir fried with onion and celery. The main thing about doing this is that the soy sauce will burn if you're not careful, but if you do it right it turns into a pleasant rich sauce.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

You're telling me. I can't make tarts without fanbake, but it doesn't have that either.

The only time I use the fan oven setting is when I'm baking tofu cubes for a stir fry, I feel confident you could make tarts with the regular oven mode.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Atopian posted:

Paying attention to language use is one of my tenants.

Ugh, que the pedants!

bob dobbs is dead posted:

taiwan.... number.... one

post the proof

edit: not proof that taiwan is #1, we all know that one. the proof that breaks all known crypto by doing quantum computation on conventional computers

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Blistex posted:

<person #1> "So Trump mentioned China today on Twitter."
<person #2> "Yeah, what did he have to say about China?"
<person #1> "Uhhhhh. . . China"
<person #2> "Huh?"

Has Twitter fact checked that one yet?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

HerStuddMuffin posted:

I love the for the love of god will someone think of the men undertones in that article.

Well it's too late to think of all the baby girls who got murdered, err, "illegally gender selected".

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

no y

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

The junk collector posted:

Space pogrom looking good

What, did the CCP find Uyghurs on the Moon?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

People keep saying this but like there's no basis for it.

If Trump refuses to leave the White House he still constitutionally ceases to be President on Jan 20th, 2021. The Secret Service can presumably forceably throw him out or shoot him for trespassing or whatever then.

If elections are cancelled, which they literally never have been and I'm pretty sure there isn't even a mechanism for, Trump still ceases to be President on January 20th, 2021. If no new President/Vice President was elected then it just automatically passes to the next person in the order of succession. Which if I recall, is Nancy Pelosi lol.

It was crazy paranoia when conservatives mumbled about Obama refusing to leave office in 2012 and 2016, presumably declaring himself king? This time, though, it's just good sense!!!!!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GotLag posted:

Every time conservatives tell you their fear they're really telling you their plan

All this time they've been planning to get gay married to a black muslim, how have I been so blind

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

TTerrible posted:

Post the loving suit before this website goes straight to hell

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

oohhboy posted:

I would say see you in hell, but we are there.

Post the loving suit!!!!!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

oohhboy posted:

You don't get it. When people throw something at you for years it doesn't matter how innocuous it is. That's what harassment is. The individual thinks they are being funny or it is harmless but never considers the collective impact. As expected addressing it makes it worse. Even after being told to knock it off they still don't get the message.

Redemption arc? This isn't a movie. I have seen what happens once it goes negative.

I forgive you.

In other news the US is harassing China with 3 Air Carriers.

You know, I'm sorry for posting the suit thing. I legitimately wanted (and still want) to see the suit, but I also sometimes just wrote "post the suit" to annoy you after you said something I thought was dumb, and I apologize for that. It's easy to think "ah it's just a silly catchphrase" but that sort of thing can get to a person.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

can you make chicken burgers in a rice cooker? asking for a friend

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Blistex posted:

They hated their parents, got a useless (for them and their personalities) degree, and basically repelled any woman who got within earshot because they were always spouting angry, political, edgelord bullshit that could be condensed down into "gently caress you dad".

They had no friends, no love interests, and no real job prospects. They blamed western society

cspam.txt

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

oohhboy posted:

Always an embarrassment and criminally unfunny.

don't sign your posts

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

another one of those twitter accounts where i had to browse around for a bit to determine if it's a real tankie or a parody (spoilers: real tankie)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Blistex posted:

You have a bunch of college kids who are having an online competition to be the "most woke", and stuff like this goes viral quick given the media climate. Any university would do the same to avoid looking racist and having a massive protest on their campus to fire the prof.

Photography professors hurrying to update their materials before they get to the section on Photoshop and the technique of "crushing the blacks".

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Honestly don't know if I'm drinking the girly diet coke or not. :confused:

Diet Coke: girly

Coke Zero: for MEN. You can tell because the can is black.

They taste really different though and while I sometimes like the taste of Diet Coke, Coke Zero tastes more like regular Coke. I'm cutting back on it all but thanks to Zero, I haven't bought regular sugar Coke in years.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Zushio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4iaetOC54

I don't even think they make Dr. Pepper 10 anymore. Not that it was necessary as Diet Dr. Pepper tastes good to begin with. Not quite Regular Dr. Pepper, but a good flavour anyway.

This one has to be doing it on purpose, right? I am not a historian of the Diet Soda But For Men Wars but if that did in fact come out after a year or two of Coke Zero / Pepsi Max MAN ADS, it's pretty loving clever.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GotLag posted:

What's wrong with descriptive names :confused:

Sometimes, we use a single word as shorthand for a description. This is why I can buy a "supreme pizza" instead of a "Pizza Pepperoni Mushroom Bell Pepper Olive Sausage".

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This, is better than Coke.

So ner!

Thums Up is good poo poo, so is Limca.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Fojar38 posted:

Taiwan is Number One and as such by definition, cannot be part of China, which is Number Nineteen at best

Taiwan is the seat of the legitimate government of China, but is it in fact a part of China? Challenging questions.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dont Touch ME posted:

It's planning for the future, outlander. You wouldn't understand. No why.

You need ghost towns to house the many ghosts which will be created in Xinjiang

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

barbecue at the folks posted:

What's with Italians just mostly not liking the Chinese no matter what?

Still upset about the noodles / marco polo thing?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Yeah, buying stock in chicken burger manufacturers as we speak

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Grand Fromage posted:

Also the Roman Empire allied themselves with the Mongols to avoid getting owned. This involved marriages, so at one point the same (extended) royal family sat on both the Chinese and Roman imperial thrones.

So you're saying Italy has always been a part of China?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Shumagorath posted:

bread and roses failsons, oohboy will never log off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mr. Fix It posted:

lovin oohhboy's new av. seriously, consider it a badge of honor: you're forcing some tankie to participate in capitalism.

Exactly, it's a great av for that reason. Also, if you can get a mod to blank it occasionally, you may be able to get the dude to buy you the same stupid Xi av over and over, without spending any of your own money.