Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Last time I was in Japan I saw a lot of signs in Chinese saying poo poo like "don't shoplift, there are cameras watching", "don't litter", "don't touch this", without having similar signs in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Imagine 四个全面 on the edge of a cliff

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
My uncle's at a major trade show right now and he said retailers are scrambling to find available product, it looks like the epidemic is going to impact production enough that ship dates will be missed and they're worried about keeping shelves fully stocked.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What kind of stuff is he looking for?

He's selling toys and will apparently be able to offload a bunch of poo poo that's been sitting in a warehouse for a year which he thought he'd have take a loss on selling to a liquidation company.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Jeoh posted:

Did you know Korea has four flavours?

kimchi
gochujang
soju
the bitter taste of han resentment

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://mobile.twitter.com/MFA_China/status/1223594051632369666

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
The Mormons run a store called the Home Storage Center that you can go to for all your long-term food hoarding needs. We even have them in Canada.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I wouldn't be surprised if PLA rations used old meat that's been sitting in a freezer for years.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Nearly all good mainland movies are about how miserable China is.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
good news!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1227657884395327489

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
In NBA terms China is 15 years away from being 15 years away

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1230107263718674433

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Biden said Uyghur in a debate recently and people who don't know what a Uyghur is thought he was talking about wiggers.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

i know you're doing this just to upset me, but actually? you've just triggered our han.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
TWHO?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1325110445162848257

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
glenn greenwald resigned from the website he founded because the other editors wouldn't let him rant about hunter biden's laptop

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Uh oh. You mentioned Steven Seagal in Chinathread. Now I have to remind everyone that this masterpiece exists:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1IzA4-3u1w&t=144s

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
in my limited personal experience I've found it pretty funny how korean guys get really angry seeing korean girls with non-koreans, while a lot japanese dudes seem to feel validated in a "yeah, our girls are the best, aren't they?" kind of way.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This argument is getting eggstremely boring.

Read this in Vincent Price's voice

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

The Great Autismo! posted:

man I just saw oohboy got banned, I had no idea. I also then realized that sincx went back and deleted every single post he has ever made about china. weird times man, pour one out for all the fallen homie

lol looks like he ran a script to delete every post he's ever made in any thread ever. except posts where he quoted somebody, the script missed those.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

McGavin posted:

Didn't China build a monument to a soccer win in a qualifying tournament or something?

please understand, they had been traumatized by their perpetual loses to sk

quote:

"Koreaphobia comes from the differences in ability, now that becomes much narrower. Therefore, if the mentality is enhanced, our team can overcome Koreanphobia". He also said that the association will invite psychotherapists for the PRC national football team to cope with the psychological pressure and defeatism for the future.[5]

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

d0s posted:

I don't think console games are still banned in the mainland

china banned animal crossing last year lol

but yeah, games as a whole aren't banned

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/niubi/status/1388539777767596035

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Porfiriato posted:

It was this thread that was talking about China's general failures at team vs individual sports right?

FROSTBITTEN: CHINA FACING OLYMPIC ICE HOCKEY EXPULSION

lol

“If the Canadians had two players and no goalie, they would still win – comfortably,”

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

bob dobbs is dead posted:

are you allowed to fight in nation state competition hockey?

instead of just a 5 minute penalty they throw you out of the game and the next one, so it doesn't happen much

Stink Billyums fucked around with this message at 08:18 on May 8, 2021

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
can't imagine how a sino-emu war would turn out

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

MarcusSA posted:

Yo any pictures from the Chinese rover yet?

I wanna see the PRC territory they’ve claimed.

how many dashes to mars?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
that race had a 12% fatality rate

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
the race where one in eight died is only "one of the deadliest running events"?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Fojar38 posted:

In China it is now a perfectly normal and routine day with nothing particularly special about it

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Somebody told me this dude was on a pilgrimage in Japan where people wear those hats for, I dunno, why ever religious people wear hats. The only thing really unusual in the picture is him being white and having a stupid expression on his face. He was probably a Filthy Frank-type youtuber or something. I haven’t looked into it so this may be a horrible racist lie. Please don’t tell anybody about my horrible racist lies.

strangers will in fact give you free food if you wear the appropriate accoutrements for the shikoku pilgrimage, of which that hat is the main identifier.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I said Xi Jinpings son probably choked to death on the dog bone in his penis while he was trying to suck his own dick, right before he could pick the music for a derogatory fabric softener commercial from a cdrom with folders titled “down and dirty dad rock, new age amazing, and lambchop sings over hamfisted baby piano” and now that racist fabric softener will never know it’s true accompaniment. Got a problem with that pal? It’s a big loss for all of us. :shrug:

wat

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
when I think of this thread, I think no why, chabuduo, gutter oil, and The Nongs

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Alan Smithee posted:

Who are the nongs again

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
haier banned himself when he left china

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
this was the thread for posting pictures of middle aged chinese men riding large pigs, but as xi made china progressively less funny its character changed

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
Gonna take my genocide and go home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
I saw this JAV site once that watermarked their videos with FREE TIBET in the corner

fighting the good fight