Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guavanaut posted:

Someone hasn't read Dom Cum's The Art of Cum.

No. 10 will appoint someone who is most likely English and will say horribly offensive stuff about Ireland and Northern Ireland, but has what Boris thinks is a vaguely Irish sounding name.

I wonder if Jason McCartney is busy.

Apparently Brandon Lewis is getting the post "as a punishment". Great message to send to NI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Roblo posted:

If you live in Devon and you get any flood warnings, that was me. I'll try work in a 'stairs' comment or something.

I'll keep my ears open for stairs-related comments, preferably puns.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jippa posted:

Apparently they were training new staff at schiphol so it was nothing to do with brexit any way. Still all good fun though.

We still use EU channels at airports until Jan 1st so that chap is just a twat.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Collateral posted:

For a town with 11,200 residents, 76 houses does not seem significant. The house building program this country need should be nothing short of revolutionary in scope, with an increase of the housing stock of more than 50%.

I would love to see more inspired designs that what we have right now too, are there any proposals for mass housing construction?

All our builders are too busy on HS2 and the NI-Scotland Bridge.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm surprised by all the love for Burgeon in here. I know he's a lefty but whenever I've seen him talk he comes across as dumber than a box of particularly dumb rocks, like a claystone or greywacke or something. I'm not hugely thrilled by any of the candidates in either race really.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 17, 2020

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There's one more opportunity to extend in, I want to say, June, but otherwise we're out at the end of Dec 31st, no matter how completely unprepared we are.

We can extend any time up to the end of June, but that's the final chance. Boris has said multiple times we won't extend so who knows if he might be telling the truth this time.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
The Labour leader debate on trans rights just now was rather troubling.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

floofyscorp posted:

What did they say?

Paraphrasing, but:
"is this transphobic thing transphobic?"
"nope"
"nuh uh"
"no"

also

"there's no conflict in standing up for the rights of trans women and at the same time standing up for the rights of women..."

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Angepain posted:

can somebody hand these people like, an a4 sheet of common terf dogwhistles so we don't have to do this every time. maybe like, a newsletter. give it to them every week with their sunday breakfast

wait poo poo i've just invented the sunday times nevermind

Reminder that 2 of them signed up to the anti-transphobia pledge.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

When is his son standing for election?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jedit posted:

Hearing that the bookies have Starmer at 1/7 to be the next leader.

Betfair have it 1/12 and Unibet 1/14.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Change UK did what it set out to do, syphon a bunch of votes from Labour that never came back and turn them into the anti Brexit party.

Nobody told Chuka that was the plan then.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

ThomasPaine posted:

Ha yes stem phds are obviously just inherently worth twice as much as their colleagues in other disciplines, very cool precedent!

Who doesn't want an influx of Permo-Triassic Shark experts?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Eh, everyone currently in the UK is being let stay.

Not sure that's true, OP.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

WhatEvil posted:

Good vid about why Starmer is poo poo, and more broadly, the soft left are poo poo:

https://twitter.com/Simon_Vessey/status/1230537399991705602?s=20

Tweet doesn't exist.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

WhatEvil posted:

Try watching the Novara interview, he came across well there IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr6YD63GuRE

Finally watched this and I agree, he did come across much better here than I've seen him on other programmes previously.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Question IRL posted:

So BoJo-a-GoGo, the mad Prime Minister is at it again.

Apparently the reason he hired Braveman was because the previous AG wouldn't come up with a way for England not to honour their Brexit obligations.
That is going to set a really good tone for all future deal negotiations.

https://www.rte.ie/news/brexit/2020/0223/1117043-brexit-northern-ireland-protocol/

Even if No Deal isn't his goal, he's going to incompetence us into it isn't he?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

happyhippy posted:

This is even worse than £££ from home though.
This is 'throw your money at the stock market/money exchange yourself'.
No mention of how rich his family is.
No mention of how much money he started out with.

I'd put money on the fact he hired those cars and is now selling his advice to poor saps that believe the BBC article.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Just in case people have forgotten how bad some of the Blair poo poo was, have a comprehensive list.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
My local MP posted on FB earlier that he's supporting Starmer so i asked him if he could clarify how Starmer had funded his mail drop and some helpful soul retorted with a question on how RLB had funded hers, then answered it themselves with "Momentum!" as though that was check and mate.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Isn't Starmer a member of that definitely-not-a-capitalist-group the Trilateral Commission.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I'm Kier's awesome hair do.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's the 41st Millennium and everything is still Jam Man's fault.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

The time line is the same except the dark age of technology is called "the last labour government"

Not quite the same, Custodes can't have gold armour in this version as Brown sold it all.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
David Steel just quit the Lib Dems.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Fans posted:

The cuts to farming assistance begin

https://www.fwi.co.uk/business/payments-schemes/defra-confirms-reductions-in-support-for-farmers

Harsh as it is, it's really hard to feel sorry for the stupid fucks. It's only the start too, the intention is to phase it out completely by next year.

Don't worry if you're a Farmer it's being replaced by a vague promise of a new system, something that Tories have never hosed up before.

The farmers can form a band with the fishermen and all play tiny violins while their industries die thanks to the Brexit they voted for.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

chestnut santabag posted:

Isn't the driving force behind blocking Heathrow's third runway NIMBYism rather than climate concern?

Of course it is.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Plank Sanction posted:

Does this guy think the decades of consultations and planning just somehow didn't notice the Great Central or..?

Hard to give your mates the cushy contracts if the infrastructure already exists.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

thespaceinvader posted:

I'm wondering whether we will even be able to remortgage when our current fixed rate expires, we were both working full time when we got it, and I'll be working part-time and she'll be self-employed by then. We can still trivially afford repayments, and the value of the house has dramatically increased, so I guess we'll see as and when the mortgage comes up.

I've been more or less ignoring it for a while, but I suspect I'm going to have to actually think about it before the interest rates skyrocket because of Brexit.

If you stay with the same lender but switch to a retention product there shouldn't be any looking into your finances.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
New builds do have a reputation of being overpriced due to the Help To Buy scheme, but it varies hugely depending on when you bought and where. The best way to get an idea is get some estate agents round to value it, then err on the low side because that's what the mortgage valuer will do. When you get offered the new mortgage, the rate will be based on your LTV so if the valuation comes in +/- enough to stay within the LTV you discuss with the mortgage company then it should all be fine.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I guarantee those same people have no idea Cummings is a civil servant.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier posted:

Is mumsnet full of antivaxxers or is it just terf central?

Yes and yes.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
When is someone going to take the DWP behind the barn and shoot it in the head ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

marktheando posted:

Imagine having a child with loving Boris and marrying him, what is wrong with carrie simons

I'm fully expecting her to take him to the cleaners in short order.