Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

she was trying to open the door lmaoooooooo
imagine dying because a drunken anglo pulled open the door of the plane you're flying on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

oliwan posted:

nothing to see here folks, just that someone quotes an insanely misogynist text and instead of reacting to that, goons take it at face value and go "haha wow what a dumb wife" because in their world it's totally normal that someone would be so condescending and nasty towards their own wife.

lol shut up

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

how bad was he doing if sitting up is such an improvement

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

that face is the perfect accompaniment for the article
the rosy cheeks, the fearful gaze, the half open mouth that is preparing to apologize to the daily mail or some other rag for an imagined slight or outright fabrication...

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

I hope anyone left wing still in the party does to the current leadership what they did to us

sabotage the right

turns out "he who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster" has been a monumental failure which just weakens you, assuring your loss
do what the blairites do, do what the tories do, use their filthy but effective means to serve a better end

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

prefect posted:

His next tweet was even worse:
https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1255762672873869312

(Dunno what the deleted tweet was.)

lol isn't this guy a dumb lib who hounded corbyn, nice work
I remember getting his vids recommended on youtube, along with jonathan pie's, at least one of them is loving gone

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

he was Very Concerned about antisemitism and a big pusher of Remain

yuge rear end in a top hat

ah yes, the videos that were recommended were him by-your-logicking leave callers back in 2016 and then I cleared my history and it stopped, so the next time I saw him a copuple of years later he was melting down over corbyn and immediately went into my "smarmy shithead lib" box
the right wing press is vile but these smear merchants foam the runway for them every time

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

https://twitter.com/ericmusicfan/status/1273378528428507144

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

therattle posted:

The Peake interview made an untrue association between Israel and George Floyd’s death, which even Amnesty has said is incorrect. Wrongly associating Israel with an act for which it has absolutely no responsibility is not legitimate criticism of Israel and Zionism. So why make the connection? RLB knew that AS was a sensitive issue and she hasn’t even properly apologised (unlike Peake). I broadly agree with the Freedland article.

Starmer is now ahead of Johnson in polling. God forbid we sacrifice some ideological purity for actually winning an election.

the point isn't just to win an election, it's to do good things while in power, and starmer isn't gonna do that

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Heavy_D posted:

Flashback!

not just kek, but the grandest of them all - a top kek

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

oliwan posted:

they are so critical of the conservatives that they did their best to make sure that Labour lost the election by publishing non-stop smear stories on Corbyn.

yeah, they publish a left-ish article here and there but when the chips are down they'll stamp out any leftie that comes close to the big leagues

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Continuity RCP posted:

I remember when I tried the"we've killed more kings than you" line with migf and he posted a picture of mlk in response, good times

jesus christ what a poster he was

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lol england will break up into pre-unification kingdoms

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The people voted for pain

this sounds like something pinhead from hellraiser would say

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

lol corbyn's literal whole thing in international relations has consistently been to push dialogue over confrontation

this hurts the gammon

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

lol you guys finally got rid of pissflaps only to get this motherfucker as the replacement

at least pissflaps didn't post in cspam

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

he shouldn't have acknowledged anything and should've done purges that would've made stalin look like a gentle soul
no more jam/maple syrup grandpas, only men of steel

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

multijoe posted:

Take that man's name out of your mouth you psychotic piece of poo poo

lol you're pathetic

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

lmao they're gonna bring back the great smog of london and some bastard op ed shithead is gonna say it's cause of all the immigrants and their spicy cooking

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

steve bell already got fired for his watson/netanyahu comic, his contract just hasn't run out yet

never heard of the watson/netanyahu comic before and the first link after a google search says this:

The Guardian has come under fire over its coverage of anti-Semitism after the paper refused to publish a cartoon depicting Jeremy Corbyn's critics and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a negative light and also for the paper's decision to pull a letter signed by 100 prominent Jews in defence of the Labour leader.

and the guardian is supposed to be a left wing newspaper lol
it proves itself to be utter poo poo over and over again

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

oliwan posted:

maybe it's because im not British, but I literally cannot understand the corbyn = raging anti-semite thing. like, I can understand it coming from tories and other chuds, but where do these libs get it from? has he ever done anything except that one picture?

it's really simple
after decades of hard work the neolibs thought they were done, the "let's make life a bit better for the regular people" politicians were soundly defeated and marginalized and the two wings of capital saw a future that consisted of david camerons and keir starmers trading places in the big chair with nothing of economic importance ever changing
in comes corbyn, who is a character straight out of a fantasy novel about an unlikely hero who saves the kingdom and gets the crown except this isn't a fantasy novel but ugly reality
he's elected as leader of labour against all odds, kids are chanting his name, there is a sense of leftist revitalization, something is in the air, and then he even loses that one election against theresa may but by a lot less than expected and she has to go into coalition with the DUP etc., it's incredible
neolibs are scrambling, they've been throwing poo poo at the wall and trying to make it stick but all that's happened is louder chants of "oh jeremy corbyn" at music festivals, and then something finally sticks - antisemitism
it's ludicrous, it's idiotic, it's laughable, but all the scum have found an in and they're pushing it HARD now, from the daily mail to the guardian
and then they win, corbyn is out, forensic starmer is in, the end

the lesson is (IMO of course) that when you get into power you have to crush your internal enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their columnists
and I'm not joking here, deal from strength or get crushed every time (stopped clock etc.), brutality wins, jam grandpas in jumpers lose

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

genericnick posted:

Lol I just remembered the CUKs.
I'm the 4th party in a two party system. I run on electability.

"there are dozens of us! dozens!" in party form
what's going on with them, did they slink back to the starmer labour now that the big bad wolf is gone

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

One non-native English speaking guy I know was caught 2-timing by his American official girlfriend with a British one because he picked up the term 'knickers' for underwear and used it with the American girlfriend without thinking. LOL

so she heard him say knickers and the first thing she thought of was that he was cheating on her with a brit? that's one hell of a logical leap, even if it did turn out to be true.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Jose posted:

Obama was so horny for military intervention in Syria that after Cameron lost the parliament vote on it it permanently ruined his relationship with cameron

your av/title is an abomination

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

kecske posted:

what's the primo destination du jour to flee to now? germany seems pretty cool

why not amsterdam
you get canals like they have in venice but also legal weed

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

#LibDemFightback

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

twoday posted:

pretty cool that they still make these

rohypnol candy

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

[UK] Your joke is closer to reality than you know

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the most demented island in the world

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Continuity RCP posted:

Northern Ireland going for independence from the UK and the RoI would be an interesting swerve

maximum chaos

Jose posted:

the heptarchy is already on its way back with whatever the gently caress is going on with kent

huh? what's up with kent?

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

gonadic io posted:

It would work slightly better if the cops hadn't demonstrably beaten up a peaceful protest consisting of white women just last week.

it's gonna work, attention spans are low

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

what the gently caress

i know they're controlled opposition but they seem to be dropping the "opposition" part entirely

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

Just imagine the tragedy of having to give up this lifestyle:

british pubs - the only place in spain free of the yellow filter that movies use when filming in latin countries

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

"So whether it's, you know, the farmers NFU speech or any anything else they'll ask think-tank types or academics what should we be saying?

"Some of those people push back and have said 'Well, maybe you want to tell us a bit a bit more about what you think and then we can tailor what we're going to tell you when we know a little bit more about your gut, on this issue'.

even the think tank ghouls think they're too spineless and craven

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

harder better faster starmer

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Venomous posted:

tbh TTOI was an incredibly Blairite representation of government, just as Yes Minister was Thatcherite propaganda, so it's probably for the best that we don't have another series that paints the Kieth equivalent as a hero

i find it worrying that you found heroes in ttoi

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

I want to see Starmer doing the Tory power stance

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the embodiment of cringe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

We're doing like poo poo and constantly putting out fires caused by nothing but us being stupid.

But we ARE putting out the fires.

And we keep each other in check. Something we very pointedly did not do a hundred years ago.

we're not putting out poo poo, get off that drat high horse