Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
Mustafa is doing extremely low effort baits to try and get effort posts out of you all, stop rising to it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

What.

I'm saying it's low effort, not gentle, Mustafa is taking random posts and replying with "actually...yuo are the real sexist here" it's so obviously bad faith that to respond at all is to lose, your energy is better spent elsewhere lmao

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

This is a mostly good thread I like lurking in during commutes but responding to these people either with effort posts or "gently caress offs" doesn't work, probes and bans do

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1462778780343226369?t=qmvBsYMhylApb-CC6dn2bQ&s=19

Lol

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

New Labour tactic to boost Kiers approval rating

https://twitter.com/marcusbarnett_/status/1468505434353016835?t=MERoW8aqvxwlVo8VXyJgDQ&s=19

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

The future is scary, but the present is full of lols and lmaos

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

CoolCab posted:

you wanna see this demonstrated? hey if there's a serious structural problem we don't care at all about there's one modern bandaid that never fails

https://twitter.com/levelsio/status/1496796608440291330?s=20&t=A0YNdrSh1ac246REAx0SMA

lol

:captainpop:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Patreon funded armies lmfao, feels like world building in a Metal Gear Solid game

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1496848215731490819?t=Fya2Amknwz1hxdKpT7H1Mg&s=19

More of our liberals trying to draft other people

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

No Dignity posted:

Power

I'd usually say money too but lol not in Boris's case

Boj is skint?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

keep punching joe posted:

Like all British toffs on paper totally broke, poorer than you or I. Please ignore that country estate and multiple safety deposits in the virgin Isles.

drat, I was hoping it was massive cock fighting debts he was barely managing to outpace

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Talk about the miracle powers of The Blockchain and why everything should be privatised because of it

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

This voter ID poo poo is really just twisting the knife at this point, this country is so deeply Tory that it's at no risk of losing power.

Remember how Boris ran away from softball reporters into a fridge like a cartoon villain? lol, lmao

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

What 'woke' politics does he think the party is pursuing right now anyway lmao

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

El Pollo Blanco posted:

why do the british all just look like pedophiles

answered your own question there mate

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Someone explain to me how this is any different from the usual Tory leader switcheroo that happens when they're in power before they call a GE

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

This smug boomer "in my days we called it SUMMER" weatherposting on Twitter might be the thing that pushes me over the edge and gets me banned, it's infuriating me to a level that no other stupid gammon twitter opinions have before

it's like being given your final cigarette, your blindfold put on and being led to the wall and hearing the guy next to you say "well I got hit by a BB gun once and that didn't hurt so I don't know what you're worried about"

Tiger Millionaire has issued a correction as of 13:09 on Jul 20, 2022

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

forkboy84 posted:

Look on the bright side. If you don’t live here it's probably pretty funny seeing the shittiest island nation eating gallons of self-inflicted schadenfreude.

"But doctor!" the man cried "I do live there!"

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

all libertarians are stupid but Brit libertarians somehow manage to be the most stupid

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Doktor Avalanche posted:

when are they gonna make an actual left wing party? get corbyn, abbott and some other labourites, put lynch and dempsey front and center, when the cold comes something like "let's nationalize power" should sound a lot better to people than "we'll implement a discount on vat i suppose".

Absolutely lmao if you think the British public hasn't had their minds poisoned over the last 40 years to do anything other but push the big BARBARISM button over and over.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Losing in 1066 has forever cursed this country, inflicting a spirit of misery and yearning for serfdom that is still felt today

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Am I more or less likely to eat a Russian nuke living in Newcastle? On one hand im pretty far from London, on the other if their intel docs are out of date they might think the northeast is still an industrial powerhouse

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Actually, I think I'll take the nuke now, thanks.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Jose posted:

Lots of very mad people in the replies to this that they've not seen an offer

https://twitter.com/ucu/status/1626650378782576644?t=ShDqjD30ORmsfdjmxFVDtQ&s=19

Came here to post about this, came out of a union meeting earlier, whole lot of people upset that the proper process wasn't followed (only 2 of the 4 UCU heads were about before the decision to pause was made) and employers were given more notice of any of this happening than the union members lol

I'm trying to be somewhat optimistic that the decision was not made lightly and some real progress will be announced this week, but atm all that's floating about is a minor payrise in 2024 and some rollback of the pension fuckery that happened, with nothing to speak of the 0 hours contracts and increasing workloads lmao

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

jacksbrat posted:

I don't know how this applies when they're looking for a majority and therefore can't just court the premium Workington Man voter. There are enough centre left and left people who'll keep voting for that garbage, I suppose. So actually yeah it does apply.

Most of my centre left friends and family are still going to vote labour, I've heard it all from "even Blair did a few good bits", "he's just trying to get the centre right/working man votes and then will enact Real Leftist Policy when in power" and the ever classic "at least they'll be better than the Tories (no I can't explain how)"

a whole lot of "what are you going to do? NOT vote labour???" and getting mad at me for just being completely checked out by this point,

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

I do like a bit of chess, so more state funded stuff for that is nice, but also lol because chess is the most "dumb guys concept of a smart guy" thing too, surely a bunch of unmaintained, crumbling chess plinths in our parks will make grate britane again

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Only the most calculated of our starving children will have the skills wallets to scavenge for food, chess will help them with that

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Jesus I don't agree with the means tested stuff over just giving people money for what they need but a lot of you are deliberately going out of your way to uncharitably read into the guys intent

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Junkozeyne posted:

What does intent matter, the food stamp system is insane and defending it sucks and should be mocked

The entire conversation stemmed from agreeing that this country has a massive failing when it comes to providing for it's most needy, calling someone a poor hating Tory councillor is an insane response for someone's (misguided imo) idea of a solution

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Fell Mood posted:

The entire conversation stemmed from a disagreement about whether money or food stamps was better. Money is always better because any attempt, even the rare well intended attempt to gatekeep the assistance people get causes more harm than it solves. Direct cash assistance is better. Even if some percent of recipients immediately use it to buy drugs and o.d., money is better.

Again. Slowly. Gatekeeping assistance for the poors own good causes overall more problems than it solves. It is also an inherently toxic mindset and anyone who suggests it, even if they really do have good intentions, should be mocked.

Honestly I completely agree, for every ""abuser"" these means tested systems stop, it makes accessing that help more poo poo for everyone else who needs it, not to mention the time and money it takes to develop these systems, it's a waste at every approach.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Anyway I'm off the clock now so I'm going to do something enjoyable rather than talk about politics on the internet, like drink.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Just sounds like regular Sunderland stuff to me tbh

This post made by Newcastle gang.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Because a solution that pleases absolutely no one and costs more than any other is the most Great British.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

fatelvis posted:

Dev work is probably somewhat of an outlier in that you can be incredibly productive just by figuring out how to do poo poo on your own. It just requires a certain amount of stubbornness and willingness to deal with all the dumb poo poo.

I dunno how well that is going to apply to other professions/skills. I cant imagine there are that many hobbyist accountants out there.

Yeah, I did a non computer touching degree, got onto a post-grad "we'll find you a job, your employer owes us 20k so you get a poo poo wage for a few years while you 'contract' " style job after uni, and the vast majority of actual learning you do is figuring out how the people before you did it and some clever googling

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

It's not an "own" to point out the hypocrisy of those articles, they just don't care. They're paid a bunch of money to write some bullshit so they fart out the quickest easiest culture war article they can think of.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

So you're saying that contracting out public works to whatever private group that will do it the cheapest might have negative repercussions?

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

it's been a very open secret for a while, friend of my wife who's a party decorator got chased around his flat after he came back from a shower and "forgot" to wear a towel or get changed

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

I will not be reading this thanks

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

Raskolnikov38 posted:

I thought you euros hated our chocolate anyway

maybe, but you sure know how to pack enough additives into a jelly to make that poo poo delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

https://twitter.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1757474953086054578?t=EFzVEBeE8xtX8YKaXkBgeQ&s=19

hope you've been learning the latest fad dances if you want some £££