Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

aaaahahahahha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

multijoe posted:

The one thing I would say for Starmer is he's the 'please let the beatings stop' surrender candidate and Labour might fare a little better just from not having every paper in the country relentlessly gunning for them. It remains to see if this will follow through and if the North will vote for Mr London Remainer guy, but I understand the impulse in going for him.

if we nominate john kerry, they couldn't possibly attack a war hero

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just another way bojo is more hapless than trump

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I saw this just before it was deleted and lmfao good tweet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

i cannot get over the fact how weird dominic cummings is

famously fourth-weirdest person in the cabinet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

90s Cringe Rock posted:

it's a shame, covid is really hitting shops hard, especially on the edge of the shopping district. Whiteladies Road is mostly doing OK, but up on the top end at Blackboy Hill it's going to be wrecked. I don't know if those retailers are going to survive.

oh my god they're real places

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

starmer is gonna make a good yeltsin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what's labour's brexit stance now

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NGC773 posted:

I am beginning to think this thread is worse than reddit for left echo chamber it appears to be.

oh my god lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oliwan posted:

every musician (and other types of artist) here in Berlin got 5k Euro from the government at the beginning of the lockdown lol.

it went super fast too, basically within a week of applying you got 5k in the bank, and the checks will be done afterwards (you will have to pay it back if you don't actually qualify)

lol that's six months salary for me holy poo poo

i'd immediately move out and live in a tent for the next year

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thanks for that

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

top o' th'kek t'ye

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

just pass a mandatory nationwide quarantine and call it the Enclosure Acts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is WAG the british WAP

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

perc2 posted:

This is something that will forever amaze me. This guy could have just chilled with all kinds of money and been like some advisor to some shadowy think tank to add to whatever obscene wealth he already has but he just wants to live the most painful life leading the country. It's almost as if he was indoctrinated from an early age to "rule" at his own expense for powers beyond his control or w/e here we are. Just take the money and run and get a nice suntan. Eton people are loving weird.

denigrating a man for devoting his life to public service to the point it nearly killed him smdh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

redleader posted:

christ, what a cursed island

Boris Johnson's new Brexit trade adviser is former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott

for context, the onion is the people of the uk

I always thought the onion eating was endearing but wait does that still have the goddamn skin on it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

get a brain! norman!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.politico.eu/newsletter/...k-tax-backlash/

brexit is the 7th most important thing for johnson to deal with this fall

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

happyhippy posted:

You risk doubling their GDP if one of the bombs fails to detonate.

the uk can just fire up the old roman tin mines at any time, right

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

maybe they can join some sort of trade union to have access to the things they don't have domestically

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gh0stpinballa posted:

nothing matters and they are untouchable. the only way they're ever leaving government now is if they choose to. we're effectively a one party state with MI5's man leading controlled opposition.

the media has told me there are lots of knives in the UK, is that incorrect

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

october 15th is when a large portion of the US starts voting lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did the UK ditch leaded gasoline before the US and if so what does that say about our analysis of converging political discourse

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bitterandtwisted posted:

Leaded petrol wasn't banned in the UK until the year 2000 when the EU forced us to.

hell yes this is the answer i was fishing for

this is something my brain-addled father used to make fun of mexico for in 1989 btw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

intractable crushing neoliberalism as an inertial force of history aside, you gotta wonder if having a northeastern irish catholic in the white house is gonna influence the next couple years of transatlantic relations

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I wonder if the brits could have done anything about all these irish sympathizers in the US. why are there so many??? weird

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Nigel Farage is younger than Brad Pitt

holy poo poo I think I'm gonna toss my cigs in the trash

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gonadic io posted:

i believe that Roald Dahl had some thoughts on the matter

interested in this

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

multijoe posted:

Calling Starmer 'watered down' from Corbyn is still giving him far, far too much credit

in what way are they similar lol, they're complete opposites in looks, temperment and ideology

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

argh

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

MikeCrotch posted:

Thangam Debbonaire

i googled this to see if you made it up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:ocelot:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

double negative posted:

what are the chances scotland leaves as well at this point?

it's been a rough year!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hezbollah owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

talks to resume talks to figure out a deadline to enforce the results of a vote over 50 months ago

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

therattle posted:

You said that Corbyn referred to Hezbollah etc as his friends because he wanted to promote dialogue, therefore he would not be insulting. Dialogue involves two parties or more, so the same should apply to his comments about Israel. They clearly don't (the apartheid references etc), so the excuse that he used that language to further dialogue does not really add up. I believe that he called them his friends because he is sympathetic to their cause and is prepared to overlook the very real problems with their ideology and practices. As a Jew that does not endear him to me.

this is in bad faith :)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

What about a Rhodesia-style Brexit

It would be a Unilateral Declaration of Brexit

great britain will be ruled by a communist strongman and the country will be renamed Albion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

two open sores and one dry cough