Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i wonder how long the uk will be able to hold on to all the priceless cultural artifacts they looted from across the world? in the short term they aren't going anywhere, but after another decade or two of steep and unchecked decline?

Over the next few years they will be sold back to their originating countries in exchange for food aid shipments. Or citizenship for the ruling class as they escape the sinking ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That is grim as gently caress.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Looks like serfdom is back on the menu!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

I got the measure of JRM when he released that shitfart memo with the rules about what words you're not supposed to use. he's like a pretentious school librarian, thick as pig poo poo

Also he looks like some sort of ghoul, or low level lich.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

How long until the complete collapse of the UK, and will it happen before liz dies?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I dont know how to do that

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

multijoe posted:

Let's just curl up into a ball and beg for the beatings to stop

They won't.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

There are regularly scandals involving au pairs being used as slave labor around these parts, being kept prisoner, and even sexually abused. A lot of the time the au pairs are young women from east asian and eastern european nations, and fat white gammons love it. Au pairing may have at one point been a good thing but nowadays it's almost always about gross exploitation of the vulnerable.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pistol_Pete posted:

Starmer will never be PM for the simple reason that every time he's on tv, he looks massively uncomfortable and like he's apologising for something. The average disengaged British voter can smell weakness on a politician a mile off and Starmer loving radiates it lol.

No they can't.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Lucky for the EU, the Pentagon rated the British military as incompetent after the Iraq War

Did they really?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Has the UK collapsed yet or what

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

10000 Sex Arses posted:

My favourite variation on this is "the EU is exploiting Brexit to put the interests of its members ahead of Britain".

You mean the thing a loving union is explicitly established for?

These muppets seem to think trade deals are something that are settled in an afternoon, over brandy with a gentleman's agreement and a firm handshake, and not bitter years-long negotiations where both parties try to screw each other over the tiniest pettiest details. The UK is now a trade rival to the EU. It's absolutely its duty to exploit Brexit in each and every area that benefits its member states.

It's funny to me that these people who love capitalism so much, have enthusiastically created a new way for capitalism to destroy them.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I hate captain Tom

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Continuity NIP posted:

You're going to prison

He's a stupid rear end in a top hat

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

multijoe posted:

I'm going to put it out there: I don't think 2021 is going to be as bad as 2020 and bar any drastic policy changes the vaccine program is going to allow us to return to something apporaching normality by autumn. By all means quote this back at me when Covid True Final Boss strain is killing 3000 people a day in October but I do reckon we've seen the worst of it now

Wholesome to see such childlike naivety.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

namesake posted:

No you're right, I guess nothing positive can happen and all regulatory bodies everywhere are completely captured by the industry so everyone gets taken at their word in this incredibly visible and crucial medical rollout.

That's right.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Scotlands back baby (AWOOO) (bagpipe howl) its back

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

Afaik the UK has to let the Scots leave, which would be a stupid thing for them to do.
Essentially the entire British establishment is anti SNP
So I think they just won't allow it.

Otoh other comedy options are the Scots vote the same way again. Narrow remain victory.

Or the Scots do leave and realise theyr a country of like 14 people whose main industry is lack of infrastructure.
I like it here but an eyebrow raising number of Scots act like Scotland and England are similarly sized and developed, when Scotland is 10x smaller and half of it has literally a single road

Counterpoint: england fuckin sucks balls

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lmao that this guy has the power of life and death over millions

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Private Speech posted:

Little does he know he's already in a zoo enclosure.

He's been injected with anesthesia prior to being put down at the vet.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

why do people care so much about the color of the passports? I don't get it

Racism.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Dravs posted:

Basically anyone over 50 probably used leaded fuel for their cars. It will be another 30 years before their broke brains are all gone.

By that time they will have succeeded in destroying the world they hate and fear.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jelly babies are for degenerates.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Continuity NIP posted:

Citrus polos chemically flayed the inside of my mouth

You reminded me of some japanese lemon candies I bought at Disney World that were so sour they made my entire mouth bleed. Really loving good though.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Please tag your gore

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Why not just make the chocolate in one time zone?

I don't think you understand how capitalism works, friend

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Private Speech posted:

I think the complaint about cadburys is that it has less cocoa than other milk chocolates, having a special exemption

which would technically be better for slavery though?

also cadburys is alright, not amazing or anything but its serviceable

It's terrible op, hope this helps

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Congrats on the upcoming march 8th reopening of the UK, I'm sure it will be a roaring success!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The tunnel is a way to funnel public funds into the hands of private contractors, one last feeding frenzy before the UK descends into complete chaos.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Global revolt against capital is the only solution.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

gonadic io posted:

I've had issues before where my UK debit card transformed into a credit card in some EU counties or something???

This happened to me when I worked at Disney. Our pay was deposited into my account at the Disney-owned bank, and I had a debit card that turned into a credit card upon return to Norway. I withdrew about $2,700 before someone on the other end figured out something was wrong. Good times.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

oliwan posted:

I also worked in a call center for a big company and that job teaches you how incredibly dense / deluded people are. Like, normal people with normal jobs who don't have the slightest idea how anything works in the society that they are part of.

I wish this was me

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lol drat he talks like Pratchett wrote inbred nobles.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i wouldn't be surprised if diana was murdered, because that's just how disjunctive secessions over bloodlines get handled in systems like that.

i don't know if "the queen did it," rather it's one of those things like the JFK assassination in that there's a lot of compartmentalized layers that work towards that outcome so it just "comes together" in the end, with most of the participants not being aware they did it. it's like not even really being killed by a person (although there are people) or a conspiracy per se, but being killed by a system

that's worse somehow.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Where can i read about this interview

I don't want to watch it I just want the highlights

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

there’s a trending hashtag for it on Twitter, the top tweets have all the deets

Thank you, some wild stuff on there.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I hope everyone of royal descent dies by gunshot and every billionaire should be fed to pigs while still alive

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

He's white and old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Its funny that people like starmer are some of the last people in history to ever have it good.