Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JP up should not have been a skill and you should just earn that amount of JP at base imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

I’m a little bummed about this Warcraft 3 news because I never had a copy myself and only played bits at friends houses. It interested me but I’ve never been a major PC gamer. Now it looks like I’ll never be able to get the unadulterated version

Just pirate it imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Is this going to be one of those games where I constantly have to be minmaxing or I’ll be obliterated

absolutely not

(and I can't think of many other games that require that either)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LionArcher posted:

You don’t know that. You can assume that with climate change, but you don’t know that.

lmao if you think things are getting better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm 29 and I don't really understand why anyone would give a poo poo about turning 30

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think reactivity was really the big selling point of DE, at least for me.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

Unironically the best part of Disco Elysium is the friendship you make along the way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I saw a bunch of people hyping it up. Like "if you pick the communist options, more communist options show up!" Maybe that's true but some amount of communist options are also still there even if you don't pick them

I'm not sure that even happens aside from unlocking thought cabinet stuff and game remembering some specific decisions that came up.

I think it's more that increasing a stat will make the associated personality trait pipe up way more.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Disco Elysium is plenty incredible as is imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

hopefully the new animal crossing is just animal crossing again but newer and everyone saying all this other stuff get locked away from the game because they dont deserve it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

definitely could use some ubisoft towers though

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I had a ton of fun with Ori. It's not an all time classic like Hollow Knight but it's solid.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ori 2 being a microsoft title is nice since I can play it for free on the game pass immediately

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't mind paying 30€ for a W101 port

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.

Tetris

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X, the best game in that trilogy

:chloe:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Banjo Kazooie was never good

also you were supposed to play quake in the computer class of your school when your teacher didn't give a poo poo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Has he really not been paying attention to Google Stadia? Game streaming is a dead concept already. Its had its time to shine, but it's clear now it's not going to work.

Google failing at something doesn't mean the whole concept is dead

Like, Sony's streaming thing seems to be trucking alone just fine as an additional service.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

This is great! Microsoft can leave the console world and stop being poison on it and go and mess with stadia and amazon instead and focus on chasing whatever it is stadia brings to the table. Let Sony and Nintendo do the console thing. Thanks phil! :)

The last time Sony felt like they had no real competition we had the PS3 launch so that doesn't seem ideal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

That was phil harrison, who also launched the Xbone and Google Stadia.

I'm sure they can find some other awful executive to be arrogant with

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Plus the first time Sony had no real competition was the PS1 and that led to the PS2 which is one of the greatest consoles. Not all competition is good. Someone else competing with Sony would be great.

Just not Microsoft.

idk the current Microsoft doesn't really seem any worse as a company than Sony to me

(aside from having a way shittier console obviously)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The best console of all time is the DS imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Mercury Crusader posted:

I need objective evidence to prove what the best console ever is. The most objective of facts. Show your work.

The DS has picross on it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

I want to throw a bone to the Famicom/NES for Best Console Ever because it saved videogames in the 80's

Are you sure that doesn't make it the worst console?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Viewtiful Jew posted:

A world where European games became the norm and standard from the mid-80's onward.

Isometric setting everywhere. Not to mention the jank. The Euro-jank.

Eurojank rules so that would be great

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hot take: Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Volte posted:

Yeah in order to "finish" the game you had to do it on all four difficulties and the final one was, in the words of lead designer Jay Wilson, tuned to be barely beatable by the world's best players and then the difficulty was doubled.

Did anyone ask them "why" at any point?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Path of Exile felt like they wanted to give you thar sweet demon clicking hit that Diablo gives but then it also wanted to be the only game you'd ever play

Yeah, PoE just seems like it wants way too much investment. ARPGs really aren't a type of game I want to play that much.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

yeah I loved being able to bang out a new character each diablo season, do some challenges, then put it down when I got my fill all in a fairly short amount of time

That's pretty much what I did with D3 too. I came back every once in a while to gently caress around with the new season and then stop.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The h-word

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Skill trees are lame, job systems are where it's at

Combining them is also cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

remember that game about journey to the west where the monkey king was some muscled badass dude with a cyber stick that killed robots i think i never played it

Dragon Ball?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Origin seemed fine when I used it a few years ago

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Makes the game boring tho.

:wrong:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Instead of removing the scraping spear from DeS, add it into every souls game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Q1 2020 continues to rule because Iceborne is out on PC

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Not wrong, it's just that he takes it to the extreme. As a self proclaimed top tier journalist, I would think Jason would have a stronger stomach for social media.

"Having a strong stomach for social media" is like the opposite of a common trait in journalists

(I don't see why anyone would use twitter without blocking a shitton of people though)

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 7, 2020

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

man the word "job" sticks out like a sore thumb there huh

job systems rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

with ff5, no, its pretty good actually

disagree

You should play the game normally first.