Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/1224851637069631489

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1225055502842900480

No yeah, your biggest competition is the phone games on the Fire no one plays and loving Stadia.

This is great! Microsoft can leave the console world and stop being poison on it and go and mess with stadia and amazon instead and focus on chasing whatever it is stadia brings to the table. Let Sony and Nintendo do the console thing. Thanks phil! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Andrast posted:

The last time Sony felt like they had no real competition we had the PS3 launch so that doesn't seem ideal

That was phil harrison, who also launched the Xbone and Google Stadia.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Plus the first time Sony had no real competition was the PS1 and that led to the PS2 which is one of the greatest consoles. Not all competition is good. Someone else competing with Sony would be great.

Just not Microsoft.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This was one of the best vacations.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

I do not.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

a glitch posted:

Your avatar says otherwise

I have inhaled the magical powers of emil :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Diablo3 (console) is great, great, great! I wish there were more games like it but I have yet to find any really. I do not enjoy Diablo3 PC as much and it is entirely due to the control scheme. Console D3 feels more responsive! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Weedle posted:

oh also playing diablo-like games with a mouse sucks rear end, i saw the light when i played dungeon siege on psp and i'll never go back to clicking on poo poo 10000x a minute

Console diablo 3 :D If they ever brought the console ui/control system to the PC then I would have played PC way more!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

videogames i have some new avatar ideas for you

Not 100% certain I am comfortable on this path....

also reading the last 10 pages of this thread have been wild. Good lord.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

i can't remember was verranicus bad

Very.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have no idea who bought me this avatar but if it was someone from this thread then thank you, it has made me laugh quite a lot :D

Also I love Nier:Automata and Batman AA and AC. Still have yet to play origins and knight but I will at some point. Batman was fun, I was bad at the combat but I perservered despite this.

Also Spider-man combat is ace and I could not get enough of that :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Songbearer posted:

I proposed to my wife in front of Baymax :unsmith:

bah-la-la-la-la!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have only played (so far) Yakuza 0 and Yakuza Kiwami, but I loved 0 so much that I immediately played and completed Kiwami 1 in a week.

Yakuza 0 is wonderful in every single way. So far if I could only play a single game it would be 0. Just a kicking rad game + story! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sonic Mania is my favourite sonic. I have only played 3D sonic in generations and do not like 3D sonic. 2D feels right. I have a lot of trouble moving across to 3D versions of 2D games I loved (also see the Mario series).

Sonic Colours, however, has one of the most beautiful sound tracks of the sonic games. Planet Wisp is a gorgeous tune that does not feel like a sonic piece. I could listen to Planet Wisp act 1 over and over.

Hydrocity is my favourite sonic level and the Mania version is the best. Wisely the mania soundtrack pretty much keeps both Act 1 and Act 2 close to the 3+K versions because Tee Lopes is amazing and knows how dang good both those tracks are. Hydrocity music is also my favourite of all the sonic soundtracks and I had a snippet of the music in act 2 as my phone ring tone back in the day :D

(Also Jamiroquai is my favourite band of all time)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I had a geocities site but it was just a list of my best friends and also a badass picture I found of Bowser breathing fire at Mario

also I got in trouble for looking at a geocities site that just said the words 'jenna got milked'

I laughed so hard at this post. Enjoy your new notoriety :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I think I would give Dreams a try. I might have fun trying to make a Flash game with cool forensic detective work :D

Also they need to rerelease Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance so I can play through it again.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Lady VG is working a night shift this evening and I have already given her her gift (A charmander plushie) so this evening I will play more Rage 2 and chill out tremendously :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

My favorite thing about Rage 2 was that there was apparently a bug at launch that made it possible for you to go through all of the tutorialization without actually unlocking the rage powers. I sure hope they fixed it because that seems like a bad bug.

Luckily this is not happening to me. I do love the Danny Dyer voice pack though. Very, very much!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Prey was my 2019 game of the year. I will copy and paste my feelings from the goty thread:

quote:

Prey whipped.

Prey managed to get me to play a video game non stop for just over 29 hours in three days. 29 hours out of 72 were invested in Prey. I started and finished it in that timeline. 40% of 3 days was video gaming This does not happen to me. It is an abnormality and a shock. A system shock 3 if you will pardon the joke.

Prey is everything I love about sci fi FPS rpgs ramped all the way up to maximum levels. It has the killer detailed environment, it has the precise nature of character control, it has the gripping and intriguing story line, it has the fear of the unknown and of the enemy types that constantly give me panic attacks, it has the soundtrack that ebbs and flows at all the right moments while also having some killer songs, it has the emergent gameplay to allows you to approach situations completely under your own idea of how and it allows you to break the game if you master these things.

Prey was a phenomenal experience to me and one of gaming's all time best. Prey was a return to a kind of game I have been longing and one that will stick with me for the rest of my gaming life. I was the predator to Prey and I ate it up. I would do so again without another thought.

Still true.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

So you're saying you pray that I play Prey?

I'll move it alllllll the way up the list to next after Dishonored.

I do pray that you do and also that you enjoy it as much as I did :D Goodness. I fell head over heels for that game.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Ahhhh what a game :D WHAT A GAME!

It is my 12th favourite game of all time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

stev posted:

The goo minics kept making me jump so I stopped playing.

The mimics terrifying the utter bejesus out of me was the reason I fell in love! :D Games/TV/Movies/Books/Plays scaring me? Yes please!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Weedle posted:

if deus ex is my all-time favorite fps and i like the motion picture "john carpenter's the thing" is prey the game for me?

I have not played Deus Ex. However the Thing is a top 10 of all time film for me, so yes. Yes please. Play Prey.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I haven't seen The Thing either VG I'm so sorry.

There is always time :) I hope you enjoy!

(Other movies on my top 10 of all time include, Wall-e, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Bladerunner 2049, Robocop, King of Kong: A fistful of Quarters, Ghostbusters, and God of Cookery)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

Tell me, gamers, what's worse: a controller button that sometimes registers when you don't press it, or a controller button that won't always register when you press it?

A button that sometimes registers when you do not press it. I would much rather phantom inputs than my actual inputs be ignored!

EDIT: Haha, thank you again random avatar buyer! I appreciate it!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am making a thread later based on the wonderful help people gave me in regards to the FF soundtracks. The whole thing stirred something in me and I hope people enjoy it when I am no longer at work and can add to the forums :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

Who the hell is this

People have been buying me avatars lately!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Hahaha, I make a point that if some lovely goon goes out the way to buy me an avatar then no matter what it is I will wear it for at least 3 weeks. It just feels fair for them to get their money's worth.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Haha, it is a little odd not posting with a Kirby, but this av does make me laugh and me laughing plus getting a lovely valentine's day av means that I will post my posts alongside it :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

You cannot tell but I am giggling a ton at this :D It is a little big for an avatar though!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

3 weeks you say

interesting.

Correct! :)

stev posted:

What if 10 avatars are bought for you simultaneously. Will you be booked up for 30 weeks?

Oh I just leave whatever has been bought for 3 weeks from when I noticed I have a new avatar. If someone overrides the current one then I would not know.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
My job could be considered more shirk than work!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I never left :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I did not get a chance to post my thread because I was busy putting furniture together.
If it was financially feasible, I would start a 'putting furniture together' business because I love assembling things.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have three cats and each one likes a specific kind of toy. Took a while to find out what but the one I wish any of them liked was this neat roller ball disc. I thought they would sit with it for hours and roll the ball about it. They ignored it.

One loves the big fat kicker and she treats it like her child a lot.
One loves the feather floater and he will chomp it and try to catch it for an age.
One loves the laser pointer and she will dance around it constantly.

It is really great that they only like their specific toys because I can play seperately with them and no one gets jealous like they do when I am petting heads.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I wanna see them cattes.

OK!

This is the laser pointer loving menace:

This is the floating feather loving scamp:

And this is the fat kicker cheeker:

:)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Speaking of jobs (and there has been tons of good advice in this thread about not being exploited) I am going back to school to learn a new profession and switch careers to counselling. I am doing the part time learning because I do still have to work to support myself but hopefully I will have a more rewarding future waiting for me once I have finished! :)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
It has to be Robotnik because his minions are called Badniks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I wish that youtuber was a forum poster who I could probate for being a dweeb. Good lord what an absolutely dumb video to even think about making.