Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

I think Chris Underwood winning was a combination of Gavin and Julie being underwhelming and him going king mode the whole end game. He survived a vote, and he took out Devins himself. Nat never survived a vote and sat out fire. I don’t think my view of EoE necessarily clashes at all with any jury’s!

She also misplayed her second idol and Michelle only got saved by the grace of Ben trying to give Sarah some more ammo at FTC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Man, nobody thought Tony had a chance of winning at the beginning of this season. He was at DOA as Rob was in most people's minds

They key difference:

Tony knew he was a target and changed his game so he could get far enough to go chaos mode

Rob tried the same Robfather strategy and got voted out before the merge for it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I really don't get this. What should she have done with the idol? Why was Michelle critical to her game? Maybe Ben wins that F4 challenge but like that doesn't seem like any kind of clear mismove to me besides the generic idea that you shouldn't tell people you have an idol.

I don't think she necessarily made the wrong move. But the problem is she needs as much resume building as possible in the last three days of the game so missing on that hurts her a lot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I think Michelle deserves it but my prediction for votes is:
1) Tony
2) Michelle
3) Natalie
I would be surprised if anyone got 0 votes.

Agree with this ranking, 13-2-1 for the votes

well I'm already wrong

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm shocked Nat is getting this many votes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shneak posted:

now for the important question: who got the Sia money?

hopefully Michelle

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Silly Burrito posted:

Congrats to Tony, the new King of Survivor!

I still think Sandra's two wins are more impressive overall as someone was assured a second win this year (or a third in Sandra's case).

I think winning that dominantly against a cast of all winners puts him over the top but also who cares they're the King and Queen on top together they don't have to be 1 and 2 they can be 1 and 1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

Also forget Tony as the King of Survivor, obviously Natalie's average finish of 1.5th place makes her the current greatest returning Survivor player of all time

Her average is actually 7.67 imo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

xbilkis posted:

Look, she's playing within the confines of the rules the producers set. If Tony wanted to be the real "King of Survivor" then maybe he should have had the foresight to have the season he got voted out prejury combined with the second season he won,

That was actually a joke about her twin getting voted out first but I didn't actually bother to check how many people they started with that season before opening up my calculator so maybe the math doesn't work

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

On KIA they were saying Natalie at least should have put Michele against Tony. If Michele wins, boom, there goes your biggest threat. If Tony wins, maybe he and Sarah will split a bunch of votes. Instead she put the two leaders in it against each other, so one of them was going to get to slay the other and carry their combined game alone into FTC.

Michelle got zero votes though so replacing her with Lacina doesn't put any votes up for grabs that Natalie could gain, which means that, no matter how the votes split between Tony and Lacina, Nat either finishes second or third.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Popero posted:

I love this take of his selfless act actually costing Sarah the game too (they vote out Michele, Ben beats Tony in fire, Sarah beats Ben and Natalie in FTC)!

And alternately, Natalie's best (and possibly only) path to victory at that point was idoling out Sarah and having Ben beat Tony in fire so she could go against Michele and Ben in FTC

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Danni is spilling some juicy drama on instagram live, including this:

- Parvati bought two jars of peanut butter with the 4 tokens from the 50/50 challenge. One jar was to be shared between Parvati, Ethan, and Danni, and the other jar was to be shared between Rob, Amber and Natalie. Natalie and Rob ate all of theirs and they barely gave Amber anything. They then stole Danni, Ethan, and Parvati's peanut butter and ate all of what was left (these three were rationing it fairly). Natalie also had her own jar during this time. *THIS PART WAS NOT IN THE LIVE* but I think the rules got broken here and production either didn't know about it or didn't do anything about it. The peanut butter was purchased under the same premise of an idol or advantage, and it's not fair that Parvati and Danni's fire tokens were effectively stolen by Rob and Natalie.

- YUL AND NATALIE HAD A MAJOR FIGHT. Yul went to get the rice from the mountain when Adam got voted out, he offered to take Adam to get the rice and it took forever. Natalie was SO mad that they took too long to get the rice and when he came back she screamed at him calling him selfish, saying that all he ever does is stay by himself and go fishing all day. Got so bad to the point where Wendell stepped in and told Natalie to drop it. This is what caused Natalie to lose those 3 votes and probably lose the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/gjxxn8/behind_the_scenes_info_from_dannis_instagram_live/

She also mentions there was a mean girls clique which if Nat reacted that way over the rice thing I would assume she was in

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pinterest Mom posted:

victoria was robbed

didn't she get voted out

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Natalie didn't win and wasn't robbed though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lone Goat posted:

:thejoke:

(saying Natalie got robbed is loving ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as saying Michele should have won)

I think pmom was being serious though and I still don't get the connection to natalie :shrug:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

holy poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

But Nat losing to Tony feels more like the "What If?" if Chris had taken immunity at F4 and Devins had won the fire making challenge. It reinforces that Chris needed that firemaking vanquish of Devins to win but we always knew that.

Drawing more than that feels wrong.

And we knew that Nat had to do the same thing to have a chance, and she didn't. That's why it elevates Chris's win. Because he identified exactly what he had to do to have the best chance of winning and took it into his own hands to do it instead of playing it safe like Nat did.

He's still not a good winner but the conclusions people are drawing from his success and Natalie's failure isn't wrong.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

She was basically Dom to Wendell.

This is really unfair to Dom. Dom had just as many Jury votes as Wendell did, and I really don't think Sarah would have taken very many off of Tony.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMMadman posted:

Sarah had a chance at the tribal after the Sophie vote, although it probably would have been pretty slim. She could have tried to talk Ben/Denise into voting Tony at that point and if they agreed she could have talked to Michelle/Kim as being other vote(s). If you figure the Tony/Jeremy/Nick bloc would all keep voting Kim, Sarah/Ben/Denise could all vote Tony with one just one of Michelle/Kim (who both voted Jeremy) to create a 4-3-1 (if one was kept in the dark) blindside of Tony. It would have made her road to the final tribal a little rougher, but Tony would be gone and it's not like Kim/Jeremy/Nick were really all that close together, so she could have threaded a needle. For example, if she picked up Kim to blindside Tony, then Sarah could keep using that connection to get rid of Jeremy at the next tribal and she is right back in the drivers seat.

I'm just curious what part of your plan for Sarah getting Tony out the tribal after the Tony vote allows people to vote for the person with individual immunity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TMMadman posted:

oh yeah, I forgot that was right in the middle of Tonys winning streak. Yeah, she was pretty well screwed at that point.

Yeah, honestly the problem with everyone's ideas for the perfect time to take out Tony is that he won four immunities and also had an idol in his pocket so it was really hard to even have a good chance to do it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

That was awkward, feels like they just never planned for that scenario until it came up, and when they saw it brewing I guess figured it was a juicy deception for good tv? It's a shame Cirie didn't try chucking it into the jungle or fire or something and be like "whoops." Who knows, though.

I seem to recall somebody threw away someone else's idol but production just replaced it?

That would be an idol gimmick I could get behind, idol only belongs to you as long as you're the one holding it. Other tribemates, rival tribe, spiteful camera guy, nature, anyone can steal it and do with it as they will. Even down to the final moment of tribal read, someone gets the smug smirk on and goes in their bag - SNATCH - Sticky fingers grabs the idol and plays it for themselves instead and hands it to jeff before the idol-finder can grab it back.

this seems like a really good way to cause legitimate physical fights

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

clown shoes posted:

Johnny Fairplay is fun yet annoying. Didn't he kill his grandmother or something?

lmao

it's like one of those tweets where you have to badly describe your favorite tv show/video game/etc

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

Do not watch Island of the Idols. Read a summary of it.

It had a promising pre-merge section, but everything after the Merge is completely tainted by Dan and how the producers handled the entire situation.

:emptyquote:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

I legit don't remember who even won that season, my lovely memory working in my favour for once.

Elaine? She's the one person that comes to mind from that season and I don't think she was even in the finals... i think

She was voted out at like six.

It was Tommy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

How hosed up is it that I can't accept that Phillip had coronavirus because Phillip is the one claiming it?

you're not alone in that feeling, if it helps

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ugh why does it have to be during DoN :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

What is DoN?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

there's like five belts in that picture! who is the one who actually has it right now, buncha posers

the two on the outside are the tag team champions, bottom middle is the world champion, and above him is the women's champion

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

drat fighting PPVs are overpriced for the market.

they're $20 outside the US, it's just the US PPV distributors being cunts

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

I read this like 10 times trying to figure out what you were laughing at.

it's the worst abbreviation yeah

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Khanstant posted:

Survivor not coming back in the fall for the obvious reasons so many things are not... However, might this just be the end for US Survivor? I would be surprised if it just resumes next year business as usual. Even before pandemic I was slightly worried season 40 would be the last, that's certainly THE theme to go with for your final survivor season, right?

Survivor still pulls in tons of viewers, why would they stop?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yul is auctioning some of his old survivor gear for Compassion Care ALS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What if you don't have a facebook account