Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Hi, I’d like in on the gang tag.

Feel free to delete my current one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I have never been to Harvey's Island and the only time I remember it exists is for 1 split second when I'm about to use a dodo code or Nook ticket

I take my favorite villagers to Harvey's so that I can get posters of them. Otherwise it's kinda silly.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Kicks is in town with Paw slippers, Jester's shoes, and Samurai greaves. Feel free to come visit while I clean up my island.

G63VW

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

ngl i am getting real irritated right now that you can only move 1 building and build 1 thing a day. you could argue that it was my fault for not just picking better places for homes and buildings to being with, but i did not really have a vision for what my village was going to look like in the end, and sort of still don't, so i'm having to move almost everything at least once and it's agonizingly slow.

So much this. I still need to move my campsite, 6 houses, both stores, and move/upgrade 2 or 3 bridges.

One of the bridges is off by a single tile.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Manuel Calavera posted:

Oh word? I need more info on how that works as I am dumb and behind on info.

Go to the screen at the back of the tailor shop and type in the creator code in the picture. You’ll see all of his stuff.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Huxley posted:

The more I poke around flower charts, the more I'm not sure it's for me. I might just map out a nice botanical garden with paths and some fences, spread things around more or less randomly then water and let nature take its course.

Especially if stuff actually reaches across grids of 5 not just 3.

If you turn those charts 90 degrees, they’re all 3 wide except for roses.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Kirios posted:

This game feels like it's blowing up much more than any of the other AC games ever did. It's hitting a cultural zeitgeist that few games ever do. It will probably shatter the record of New Leaf's sales and will end up being one of the 2-3 highest selling Switch games ever. It is mega popular.

It did help that it came out while people were conscientiously trying to stay home, but also it’s a really good game.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I grouped mine into 3 separate neighborhoods. Now I’m replacing bridges and moving inclines. It’s getting close to how I want it, after which I’m sure I’ll decide it’s all wrong and start over.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

You can clone them.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Just make sure you have them separated. It’s been too long to remember how all of them work, but I know that at least some hybrid reds (roses maybe?) can produce regular reds if they breed instead of cloning.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Does anyone have Pink Wrestling Shoes? It's apparently the last pair of shoes my daughter needs.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Queen Victorian posted:

I have them. I've ordered a pair (had in catalog but not on hand) and can put up a dodo code tomorrow at some point (probably evening EDT).

Kicks was on her island today and actually had them in stock. I do truly appreciate your willingness to help, though.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

Is there an active AC Amiibo card trading thread or anything here? My girlfriend finally started up New Horizons and is looking to complete her collection.

Sent you a PM. I have a good number of duplicates, and still need a few to complete my collection.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Jacques is fun. I had him on my island for a while.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I nuked my island and restarted about 2 weeks ago. I did store photos, bells, and difficult to obtain items on my wife’s island before I did it.

The early game is wonderfully relaxing on the second go round.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

B33rChiller posted:

Similar problems, but not being able to batch craft fish bait.

I have a wired controller with turbo that I use exclusively for bait crafting.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Nuking my island and starting over has done wonders for my creativity. My new island looks WAY better than my old one ever did.

Part of it is that I’m forcing myself to do this without time travel. Being able to only do one or two things a day makes me take the time to really think it through.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Rahonavis posted:

I’ve time-traveled to my birthday because I was away this weekend and didn’t want to miss out. My island is open this afternoon for anyone who’d like to visit, grab some fruit, or give me presents. I have a few extra items I’ll drop off by the Brachiosaurus. Dodo Code is 7HN4Q.

That is an overwhelming amount of flowers…

But your island tune is sheer perfection.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’ve got turnips buying at 344 bells tonight. I’m going to leave my gate open for anyone that might want to sell. If my connection holds, Nooks should be open until 11:00 mountain time.

Island: Blue Peaks
New Dodo code: MPFTX

TheMadMilkman fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 26, 2023

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

McNally posted:

I'm four art pieces away from finishing the museum so naturally all I ever see are things I already have or the very rare fake of the few that I do. Can anyone help me with any of these?

Warm painting
Amazing painting
Robust statue
Valiant statue

Thanks!

I’ve got an extra robust statue that I can give you.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

otter posted:

I’m stuck at the tire store getting one fixed and I didn’t bring my switch. Thanks for staying open late.
Doesn’t the switch fall asleep if you’re not actively doing something with it for a few minutes ?

There are power settings. Mine is set to not sleep at all when docked.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Closed up now.

TheMadMilkman fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 26, 2023

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I restarted tonight. This is my 2nd restart.

I wanted to get the same layout I had for my first island, but didn’t think it would happen. I reset twice to get different layouts, and my original layout was there. The airport lines up with resident services, and it’s blue!

I am happy.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I’m forcing myself to play slowly by only using the money I’ve made earned since restarting (even though I have 25 million in the bank) and the slow pace of it is making me happy.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Trying to keep shrubs in bloom is pure pain.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I got the 100 fish streak achievement while trying to get the water egg outfit DIY. My streak was around 40 when I started fishing yesterday.

I would have been at about 120 when I finally got the DIY. So obnoxious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

I plan to actually do all of the nook mile achievements this time around, so having the 100 fish done is a nice relief.

Oh, and I’m making ALL of the bug and fish models. I spend a LOT of time chasing rare fish.

I’m enjoying planning out my island. I have my farm area laid out and just need to add a few more DIYs as I get them. Working on the beach campground now.