Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Kinda takes a lot of fun out your neighbors if you can just choose who's in and then never let them leave. Boo to that.

you don't gobba do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Hihohe posted:

I need that baby blue goat. hes my spirit animal

hey friend you shouldn't say that!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Yoshi Jjang posted:

I don't know what to name my new town. :ohdear:

Well, you can't have Buttburg, 'cause that's mine!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

PancakeTransmission posted:

Other than "we've always done it this way", there's no real good reason for this game to add in a gender code

this but replace 'game' with 'society'

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I don't know if any of y'all care about the bugs 'n fish as much as I do but I legit teared up when I saw how incredible the museum looks

I just can't wait to catch bugs

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

runchild posted:

One of the notes I took during the Direct was “holy poo poo, look at that beetle!”

:yeah:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I hope that ocarina really was playable and I also hope that there are other instruments so I can start an animal crossing band

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

mutata posted:

Thanks to the inane "one island per switch" rule, I'll be forced to share an island with my 6 year old son

god having a family to enjoy things with sounds so hard and cruel

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Pylons posted:

Mine has always been the Metroid upgrade-get tune.

BROTHER

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

History Comes Inside! posted:

My town song has always been random notes because I am musically illiterate

my friend if you pick a song I will map it out for you

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Buttburg is only 8, so

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I'm the one guy that actually really wanted the grayscale one at launch but my local EB Games only had the colour ones by the time I got in there

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I love Animal Crossing you guys

:yeah:

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ten days

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Things have gotten extremely hard in my life over the past couple days so I really need this game right about now just to distract myself. Just be next week already, please.

right there with ya buddy

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

oh yeah thank you for tag!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

This has always been my town theme and always will be.

As a musician I feel it is my sworn duty to help people with town tunes, please do not hesitate to publicly or privately make requests!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Jet Jaguar posted:

I was trying to do "Harder Better Faster Stronger" but I can't quite get it right on the tune creator. I should have taken any music theory.

How's this?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Also bugs in general gross me out so I'm... mixed on them looking so good haha :shobon:

use this game to learn to love bugs, and they, in turn, will love you

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

japan knows a truth: bugs are good

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

i;'m going to collect all the bugs and have lots of flowers in my house

hell ye-

broken pixel posted:

want to have a little waterfall relaxation spot for my friends

HELL yeah

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I wanted to make this and I instead made the worst thing I've ever made.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Infinitum posted:

My first new neighbour is Marina the Octopus!

so lucky...

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

BattyKiara posted:

Tarantulas in this game are lifelike and adorable. I ~love~ them! :)

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Is there something that you have to do to attract big and/or rare fish, or is it just luck?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

very envious of the folks who have been to tarantula island, I want to fill my house with spiders

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I put a bunch of my favorite albums on my wall.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Xanderkish posted:

Did you know if you catch a Football fish and put it in your house, you can turn its little light on and off like you would a lamp.

And yet I still can't catch a drat Stringfish.

Edit: I JUST CAUGHT ANOTHER FOOTBALL FISH THIS IS BULLSHIT HOW DO I CATCH TWO OF THOSE IN A ROW BUT NOT A STRINGFISH

If you're catching football fish, you're not fishing in the right spot for stringfish.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Dad Jokes posted:

It's hilarious how the lazy villagers in this iteration have seemingly gone from "talks about comics/sleeping/food a lot" to "actual lunatic who talks to bugs and has conspiracy theories about living in a game"

The White Dragon posted:

my lazy villager just talks about how he likes to wait for chocolate to melt in his pocket and then dip his hand in and eat it like a loving disgusting fondue

can't believe I'm a lazy villager

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

DuhSal posted:

does it ever happen to someone else where it's showing on the switch that a friend is playing the game but they're not online in game? it's happened to me several times and was wondering if it's common.

edit: these are best friends so it should show.

you can set yourself to offline in the game, you just press minus on the friend screen

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

Always remember that there's a special "desire sensor" in Animal Crossing games that detects if you really want something and adjusts the game so you never get it.

I've been grinding these Gulliver runs for hours and he's yet to drop a gem

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

that's a really good guide but I hate that they misspelled crossbreeding

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Poque posted:

Rejected villagers:
Marina

are you loving kidding me

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

gandhichan posted:

All these posts demanding entrance fees

honestly this poo poo turns me off so hard

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

my favorite thing is checking the rest of the turnip exchange site and seeing "selling for 112, please leave tips of 50k bells"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

fereldish posted:

I'm a little behind on the thread, but I have moderate turnip prices today (298) and Kicks is here, so I thought I'd try out this turnip exchange thing in case I ever get really good prices:

https://turnip.exchange/island/9b985045

I'll probably be open and afk through most of the afternoon while I work. With these prices I don't imagine there'll be a big rush, and the code is private, so feel free to poke around, help yourself to free stuff, and write on my board.

left you a tip, pm'd the location

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I keep seeing people saying not to do that, what happens if they do?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

much love Fru Fru

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

the gamecube one had the most villagers but was offset by the villagers being hilariously unpleasant