Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

i'm still not conviced that kirbykhan isn't a bot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Bone Crimes posted:

A few months after my son was born, he got a gift of a little stuffy lamb. He really loved it, even as a little baby, and we also read that it’s good to have a ‘main’ stuffy or toy or whatever for comfort. He got pretty attached, and we realized that we would need a separate identical toy for emergencies or to be able to clean the toy or whatever. We had to troll Ebay globally to find an identical stuffy which was an expensive pain, but we found some replacements. Whenever we swapped it out with the replacement, it was a full Mission Impossible scheme so he wouldn’t realize that we had swapped it, and that there were two stuffies. We thought we were so slick, cause he never found out.
When he was like 2 years old, calmly asked for the other stuffy. We tried to play dumb, but it turned out he knew the whole time, there were like minor differences in the fabric that he could feel, and he knew and didn’t mind. Owned.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

ikanreed posted:

Getting my mom a color revolution

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

loquacius posted:

Thanks, everybody! Kid was just born and is doing great, already had his first good meal too

congrats mate

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nocturtle posted:

Siblings getting on well together is fantastic. A semi-recent development is my kids will team up to berate me if I happen to upset either of them. For example asking one of them to please get ready for bed for the fifth time will get their sibling shouting "HOW DARE YOU" at me. It is good to see solidarity.

lol nice

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nocturtle posted:

The younger kid put their own name on the sign. In their older sibling's room the younger sibling apparently also placed a sign reading:
"<older sibling's name>! BUTT!"
They included a drawing of floating buttocks.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bitmap posted:

brother in law, the only one of my in laws I dont get along great with, is a cop who constantly buys my daughter paw patrol bullshit just to gently caress with me. I'm gonna get his daughter something like this for her birthday this year.

good choice

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

kid now is racist against canada

good kid

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Chad Sexington posted:

happy father's day goons

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Microplastics posted:

My 21 month old said "no" for the first time :3:

to what, you ask?

"can daddy have a hug" :qq:

:pwn:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Rock Puncher posted:

my 9 year old has discovered you can change the icons on desktop and has changed steam to be a picture of a windows folder with the title "boring school stuff"

lol nice

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

a related game he likes to play is to make me and my wife pretend to be sleeping so he can wake us up with loud mowing or leaf blowing. glad hes having fun.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

I was wearing a shirt yesterday with a smoking skull and my seven year old said "I guess it's okay for skeletons to smoke because they don't have brains" which was a good opportunity for me to remind them it's worse for your lungs than brain (to which they replied that it's still fine because skeletons don't have lungs either)

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

mom came to visit and she told me I'm a good dad.

other people saying that doesn't mean anything to me but when my mom says it i know she really means it.

nice one

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Votskomit posted:

I don't see how they are mutually exclusive.

that's right

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

probably genetic given your posts

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Elissimpark posted:

Five year olds are animals. Got cornered in the bathroom/bagroom at daycare pickup by a group of them (including my own kid) and informed repeatedly that my name was actually "toilet".

:pwn:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Elissimpark posted:

Fucker 2yo eats the bottom of his ice cream cones and dumps the dripping top on me.

Some toddlers just want to watch the world burn.

king poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

congrats!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bitmap posted:

Recently snacks meant for her 1yo brother carelessly left within her reach have been going missing. Imagine my strange mixture of pride and concern when she smiles and tells me it must have been sneaky steve.

lol :pwn:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

I just asked my six year old if Batman is short for "bathroom man" and he got surprisingly angry at this line of questioning.

hosed around & Found out

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Microplastics posted:

[Parenting] We're probably never going to get the yellow stain off of the sheets now.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

that sounds like a good way to try to intentionally raise a Wes Anderson character as a child.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Taima posted:

sounds like pica:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/326751

Pica refers to when a person craves or eats nonfood items, such as paint chips or sand. Pica is more common in children and pregnant women.

Experts believe that some groups have a higher risk of developing pica, including:

autistic people
those with other developmental conditions

Some people with pica have nutrient deficits. For example, some people with pica may have low iron, hematocrit, or hemoglobin. Some experts believe that for these people, pica is the body’s way of replacing these missing nutrients.

you dumb loving bitch

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

KirbyKhan posted:

"Magick is real and your father is a warlock."

:stonk:

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Another Bill posted:

My kid interrupted a story I was telling about my own life to correct me on a totally mundane detail about the weather, when they had no idea what the weather would have been that day because it was 25 years before they were born.

And then kept arguing with me that it wasn't as cold as I said it was that day. ???

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lobster shirt posted:

he does have a toy phone that he likes to call the zoo and ask them to take me away to live with the monkeys.

lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

badass kid

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Microplastics posted:

Glad you're feeling better

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Kindergartener had her first lockdown drill today. They issue them little puppets to cuddle as they cower in the corner.

jfc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol your kid is carbrained